Timing for Manhattan LG Book? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lucasvd

New

Timing for Manhattan LG Book?

Post by lucasvd » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi all,
New to forum and just had a quick question. First a little background... previously had worked on LGB about 350-400 pages in. Then got really sick for about 2 weeks like 2 months ago and feel out of the rhythm. I am not beginning my studies again for the September test (about 2 and a half months which I believe is adequate time) and I find it rather annoying to work through a book that I have already marked up. SO, I have ordered the Manhattan LG book and plan to work through that as soon as it comes.

My question is... given my time frame within the next 2.5 months. How would you recommend me completing the Manhattan book? And by this i mean time wise... for ex: "complete the book within a month to have a good amount of time to drill games." I know it's not about time it's about the quality in which you are able to retain the strategies. However, I'm just trying to gather a time frame that others have gone through when working with the book. What were your experiences? What would you have done differently?

PS... I have done rather well in other sections and I really just want to spend this time to perfect the LG section so I can really benefit from taking full diagnostics consistently.

Thanks to everyone in advance! :D :D

jpal21

New

Re: Timing for Manhattan LG Book?

Post by jpal21 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:59 pm

I would give yourself enough time between finishing the book and drilling timed sections/doing practice tests. It wouldn't be beneficial to still be learning games right before the test. I hope this helps!

lucasvd

New

Post by lucasvd » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:19 pm

jpal21 wrote:I would give yourself enough time between finishing the book and drilling timed sections/doing practice tests. It wouldn't be beneficial to still be learning games right before the test. I hope this helps!
Would you think a month on the book? Think spend more than a month or so drilling?

jpal21

New

Post by jpal21 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:47 am

lucasvd wrote:
jpal21 wrote:I would give yourself enough time between finishing the book and drilling timed sections/doing practice tests. It wouldn't be beneficial to still be learning games right before the test. I hope this helps!
Would you think a month on the book? Think spend more than a month or so drilling?
Yeah that should be plenty of time to learn the material. I would go through the material and maybe drill on some of the areas you aren't so great at along the way instead of leaving it off until the end.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”