LSAT Waiting Success Stories

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sixersfan91

New

LSAT Waiting Success Stories

Postby sixersfan91 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Weird title I know, but was anyone pleasantly surprised once they received their score. In a weird position myself, I was scoring between 171-175 two months before the exam, but I got caught up with schoolwork and when I returned to do the newer tests my scores were hitting 165-167, so I'm a bit nervous as I needed at least a 168 with me being a splitter. So just curious how people's scores reflected their expectations after walking out of the test.

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Re: LSAT Waiting Success Stories

Postby BlendedUnicorn » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Don't do this to yourself. You took the test, best you can do for now is not think about it until the results come out. Some people have scored higher than they expected to, but I don't see how gathering anecdotes about that could possibly help you or anyone else.

sixersfan91

New

Postby sixersfan91 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:18 pm

BlendedUnicorn wrote:Don't do this to yourself. You took the test, best you can do for now is not think about it until the results come out. Some people have scored higher than they expected to, but I don't see how gathering anecdotes about that could possibly help you or anyone else.

lol Im not driving myself crazy or anything of that nature, but to pass the time until results come out I was just curious as to other people's experiences with how their scores measured up to their PT's and general overall feeling after the exam.

Deserving Porcupine

New

Postby Deserving Porcupine » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Anecdotally, I also saw a consistent drop off about 3 points (+-1 point) on the latter practice tests (starting around PT 165 or so). This is in line with that thread Paul Campos posted a couple weeks back showing a drop in scores above 160 in the last few years. I feel like they are mixing in a higher percentage of "tricky" questions, perhaps to readjust their percentiles or for some other reason.

AJordan

Bronze

Postby AJordan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:43 am

My last 5 PTs were 172, 171, 171, 169, 172. Got a 174 on test day. Things just lined up. I felt like I was at the top of my range leaving the test and it turns out I overshot it.
Last edited by AJordan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roverse

New

Postby Roverse » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:55 pm

BlendedUnicorn wrote:Don't do this to yourself. You took the test, best you can do for now is not think about it until the results come out. Some people have scored higher than they expected to, but I don't see how gathering anecdotes about that could possibly help you or anyone else.

With all due respect, this is a palliative exercise. While I'm sure your heart is in right place, you're simply not equipped to properly evaluate stress reduction techniques, especially one that others seem to find helpful.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:56 pm

Roverse wrote:

With all due respect, this is a palliative exercise. While I'm sure your heart is in right place, you're simply not equipped to properly evaluate stress reduction techniques, especially one that others seem to find helpful.

With all due respect, why are you equipped to properly evaluate that the OP would benefit from this "stress-reduction" technique?

I have the same take as BlendedUnicorn. I've noticed that folks who do what OP is doing—seeking reassuring anecdotes about a situation they can't control—basically feed their stress by further obsessing over these anecdotes. I think BlendedUnicorn's advice is good.

Roverse

New

Postby Roverse » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:44 am

rpupkin wrote:
Roverse wrote:

With all due respect, why are you equipped to properly evaluate that the OP would benefit from this "stress-reduction" technique?

I have the same take as BlendedUnicorn. I've noticed that folks who do what OP is doing—seeking reassuring anecdotes about a situation they can't control—basically feed their stress by further obsessing over these anecdotes. I think BlendedUnicorn's advice is good.

You're right. None of us are. Per my origininal comment - leave others to engage as they want. And indeed. Your anticdotal experience is absolutely worth sharing. The proper venue of such personal advice might do best in a new thread, as opposed to one created with the express intention of gathering success stories.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:58 am

Roverse wrote:Per my origininal comment - leave others to engage as they want.

Ironic. TLS is a place where students and lawyers offer advice to others. That advice often takes the form of challenging the premises of a poster's question. If sixersfan91 doesn't like the advice ITT, he or she is free to ignore it. BlendedUnicorn and I don't have to tailor our posts to match your notions about what is appropriate.

Roverse

New

Postby Roverse » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:53 am

rpupkin wrote:
Roverse wrote:Per my origininal comment - leave others to engage as they want.

Ironic. TLS is a place where students and lawyers offer advice to others. That advice often takes the form of challenging the premises of a poster's question. If sixersfan91 doesn't like the advice ITT, he or she is free to ignore it. BlendedUnicorn and I don't have to tailor our posts to match your notions about what is appropriate.

You are absolutely correct. And while I agree that you are free to challenge a the poster's premise, this does mean that you are above rebuke. And so I'm sure you can appreciate being challenged unironically as well. If you make an assertion, you must be prepared to have that assertion challenged. This is the essence of a well rounded discussion.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?