RC Consistency?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
letslsat

New

RC Consistency?

Postby letslsat » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:09 pm

My RC score is really inconsistent. For example, one day I'd get -3 on a section, the next day I'd get -11. The worst part is when I feel fine about a section, but end up getting the latter score. Any tips on building consistency for RC? When I do individual passages with flexible timing I tend to get -0~2. I'd really like to get it down to -0~1 so I'd be at -3~4 for the section. I've been going through all RC passages in existence.

HesusChrist

New

Re: RC Consistency?

Postby HesusChrist » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:36 pm

I don't know how well untimed sections of RC translate to timed scores. Note the type of questions you miss on timed sections (e.g. inference or author's opinion) and begin to look for indicator's of the author's opinion, for example. Then look for those indicators during timed sections. Consistency should come with practice, but for many RC has has higher variance than the other sections.

letslsat

New

Postby letslsat » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:46 pm

HesusChrist wrote:I don't know how well untimed sections of RC translate to timed scores. Note the type of questions you miss on timed sections (e.g. inference or author's opinion) and begin to look for indicator's of the author's opinion, for example. Then look for those indicators during timed sections. Consistency should come with practice, but for many RC has has higher variance than the other sections.

I take the sections timed.

Also, when I take individual passages, I time myself to make sure I'm within 3:30-4:10 on the passage and that I'm spending less than 5 minutes on the answer choices! I'm practicing the strategy I'd utilize for timed sections with individual passages.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:54 pm

letslsat wrote:
HesusChrist wrote:
I take the sections timed.

Also, when I take individual passages, I time myself to make sure I'm within 3:30-4:10 on the passage and that I'm spending less than 5 minutes on the answer choices! I'm practicing the strategy I'd utilize for timed sections with individual passages.

I don't know if I'd impose such strict time limits on things like that. Some passages require more attention and take more time than others. Some questions are harder than others. Try doing some untimed sections and just trying to get everything right, no matter how long it takes. Worry about time once you have some accuracy and consistency.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�