LSAT Testing center (Minnesota) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lol10101

New

LSAT Testing center (Minnesota)

Post by lol10101 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:48 am

Anyone took the test at Mitchell Hamline?
I took it at the University of Minnesota Saint Paul Campus but I was severely distracted thanks to my deskmate who vibrated the desk all throughout.
I'd appreciate info about how it is like at other test centers in Minnesota. Did you get your own table?

The proctor forgot to give a 5 minute warning and instead gave a 3.5minute warning, and someone's phone buzzed for 10 minutes. Why was I given front row ugh :|

Greenteachurro

Silver

Re: LSAT Testing center (Minnesota)

Post by Greenteachurro » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:44 am

Last edited by Greenteachurro on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lol10101

New

Post by lol10101 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
lol10101 wrote:Anyone took the test at Mitchell Hamline?
I took it at the University of Minnesota Saint Paul Campus but I was severely distracted thanks to my deskmate who vibrated the desk all throughout.
I'd appreciate info about how it is like at other test centers in Minnesota. Did you get your own table?

The proctor forgot to give a 5 minute warning and instead gave a 3.5minute warning, and someone's phone buzzed for 10 minutes. Why was I given front row ugh :|
I took one at both, MH has a better setup(like desk wise and they had a clock in front where the st.Paul one didnt) but they fucked up the timing of a couple of sections and the procters are all MH students who got really weird about the LSAT and when they fucked up they would blow it off because "the LSAT doesn't really matter"

Also you share a desk but it's bigger than the ones in st.paul
Thanks!
How did they fuck up the timing? Gave longer/lesser time?
Two people one desk at MH?
I can live with a 2-3 minute error but I really couldn't stand this guy sharing a desk with me :roll:
Can't guarantee that I won't be assigned someone like him again but having a larger sturdier desk with more space apart would help.

Greenteachurro

Silver

Post by Greenteachurro » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:11 pm

Last edited by Greenteachurro on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Facelessgod

New

Post by Facelessgod » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:04 pm

I just took the June 2017 test at Mitchell-Hamline. I live on the UMN campus but by the time I registered the UMN testing center was already full so I had to take it at Mitchell-Hamline. Overall it was a good experience. The desks were more like long skinny tables and were nice, other than that I kind of got shafted. I got assigned to one at the very front of the room and it happened to be one of those handicapped ones so it was a few inches higher than all of the other tables which kind of ticked me off but overall it was fine.

Other than that, I felt like I was surrounded by a bunch of people with the IQ of a potato. Heard a lot of, "Yo bro if I can get a 150 I'll be so happy, Mitchell-Hamline is my dream school", and "I took half of a practice LSAT but I stopped because there's no point in studying for this. You can't improve your score anyways." If you hate being around stupid people like me it can be a bit annoying but it was also a little motivating to do well on the test so that when I go to law school I won't be surrounded by retards like these people.

The proctor I had was really nice, in the sense that she had the whole testing room wait several minutes later just in case someone else showed up late, etc. She was kind of a pushover though - this one moron was chewing gum and when the proctor gave the direction that you can't eat anything during the test, this cunt went on to ask whether chewing gum was allowed and argued that she should be able to do so because she wasn't actually planning on eating the gum. When the proctor told her it was mainly about the noise caused from chewing gum, she insisted that that she doesn't make any noise. The proctor ended up letting that cunt chew her gum during the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kwatts05

New

Post by kwatts05 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi,

I will be in MN during that time and am thinking of taking it at the St. Paul campus. I can't find any information online about the address. Do you have the exact address?

Thank you in advance.

Vianco

New

Post by Vianco » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 pm

kwatts05 wrote:Hi,

I will be in MN during that time and am thinking of taking it at the St. Paul campus. I can't find any information online about the address. Do you have the exact address?

Thank you in advance.
Which university?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”