June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
7
5%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 140

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...

I was 100% I on the Myers Briggs or whatever for what that's worth.


OH HELL YEAH. MYERS BRIGGS TYPE CALL-IN THREAD RIGHT NOW FOR JUNE PEEPS

I'm ENTJ (classic electrical engineer)

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Platopus wrote:Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...


I'm pretty extroverted and like to hang out with people but I also can enjoy chilling with my dogs and watching Netflix. Best of both worlds??? :lol:

Edit: I'm an ENFJ
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...

I was 100% I on the Myers Briggs or whatever for what that's worth.


OH HELL YEAH. MYERS BRIGGS TYPE CALL-IN THREAD RIGHT NOW FOR JUNE PEEPS

I'm ENTJ (classic electrical engineer)


INTJ, but can pull off a very convincing ENTJ in interviews

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...

I was 100% I on the Myers Briggs or whatever for what that's worth.


OH HELL YEAH. MYERS BRIGGS TYPE CALL-IN THREAD RIGHT NOW FOR JUNE PEEPS

I'm ENTJ (classic electrical engineer)


INTJ, but can pull off a very convincing ENTJ in interviews


I think that makes us significantly more likely than most of the population to be sociopaths. (fun fact of the day about the NTJ type)

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
Platopus wrote:Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...


I'm pretty extroverted and like to hang out with people but I also can enjoy chilling with my dogs and watching Netflix. Best of both worlds??? :lol:

Edit: I'm an ENFJ



IDK I hate being in groups of more than like 2-3 people. I have like 5-6 fairly close friends and I'm just not very interested in adding to that group

User avatar
tuna_wasabi

Bronze
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby tuna_wasabi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:09 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
I've recently learned Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 and I'm trying to synthesize it with Beethoven's Opus 27 No. 2 to create something relatively new. I finally have time to start composing, unless the LSAT somehow destroyed me Monday and I need to start studying heavily after the first week in July.


Ah that was my first Chopin! Did you get around to his etudes? Op. 25 No.11 gave me nightmares.

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


Studying for GRE and HSK. Soon, but like next week :p

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:10 pm

King of the North wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


I've recently learned Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 and I'm trying to synthesize it with Beethoven's Opus 27 No. 2 to create something relatively new. I finally have time to start composing, unless the LSAT somehow destroyed me Monday and I need to start studying heavily after the first week in July.


Ha, I was listening to op. 9 no. 2 as I read your reply. I can't decide if I like Chopin more or Debussy


While I think most people would default to Chopin, I think one could argue Debussy is just as important in the impact that their work has had today on contemporary music. Debussy contained a certain dissonance that one unfamiliar with any of Debussy's work could still infer by listening to jazz, evolving into R&B etc., without even consciously realizing it. That being said, even Debussy said "Chopin is the greatest". While there may be more originality at work in Debussy's work as a whole (as in his body of work, as far as the repertoire goes), Chopin has some pieces that are more iconic than Debussy's work as a whole.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
I think that makes us significantly more likely than most of the population to be sociopaths. (fun fact of the day about the NTJ type)


I'm certainly not a sociopath, but I definitely see how I share some characteristics.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
I think that makes us significantly more likely than most of the population to be sociopaths. (fun fact of the day about the NTJ type)


I'm certainly not a sociopath, but I definitely see how I share some characteristics.


Haha I would hope none of us are. But yep, I have from time to time seen things in myself where I was like :shock:

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:11 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:While I think most people would default to Chopin, I think one could argue Debussy is just as important in the impact that their work has had today on contemporary music. Debussy contained a certain dissonance that one unfamiliar with any of Debussy's work could still infer by listening to jazz, evolving into R&B etc., without even consciously realizing it. That being said, even Debussy said "Chopin is the greatest". While there may be more originality at work in Debussy's work as a whole (as in his body of work, as far as the repertoire goes), Chopin has some pieces that are more iconic than Debussy's work as a whole.


Which test was this from?

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Jack_Kelly » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:11 pm

I've taken a couple different tests. INFP usually (the lowest income type), sometimes INFJ
Last edited by Jack_Kelly on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
Studying for GRE and HSK. Soon, but like next week :p


What is HSK? Also, are you doing GRE study just for H, or interested in other graduate schools than just law?

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Platopus wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


Been putting Fallout 4 off for way too long. I have an unopened collector's edition that is aging nicely, so I think I'll go out this weekend and pick up another copy to actually play. Also bought a 65 inch 4K curved TV 2 weekends ago, and I have barely even turned it on. So probably movies and shit. John Wick 2 is out now.



Oh dude I just bought fallout. Somehow was able to resist dumping tons of hours into it before the lsat

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:
I've recently learned Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 and I'm trying to synthesize it with Beethoven's Opus 27 No. 2 to create something relatively new. I finally have time to start composing, unless the LSAT somehow destroyed me Monday and I need to start studying heavily after the first week in July.


Ah that was my first Chopin! Did you get around to his etudes? Op. 25 No.11 gave me nightmares.

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


Studying for GRE and HSK. Soon, but like next week :p

Debating about studying for gre as well

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
I think that makes us significantly more likely than most of the population to be sociopaths. (fun fact of the day about the NTJ type)


I'm certainly not a sociopath, but I definitely see how I share some characteristics.


Haha I would hope none of us are. But yep, I have from time to time seen things in myself where I was like :shock:


https://www.psychologytoday.com/article ... -sociopath

I definitely have: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 the rest, not so much.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 pm

INTJ over here, sometimes I'll come up as an intp

User avatar
Typing Puppy

Silver
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Typing Puppy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...

I was 100% I on the Myers Briggs or whatever for what that's worth.


OH HELL YEAH. MYERS BRIGGS TYPE CALL-IN THREAD RIGHT NOW FOR JUNE PEEPS

I'm ENTJ (classic electrical engineer)


I'm very INTP. Law seems to be extremely heavy on the Js tho...

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


Been putting Fallout 4 off for way too long. I have an unopened collector's edition that is aging nicely, so I think I'll go out this weekend and pick up another copy to actually play. Also bought a 65 inch 4K curved TV 2 weekends ago, and I have barely even turned it on. So probably movies and shit. John Wick 2 is out now.



Oh dude I just bought fallout. Somehow was able to resist dumping tons of hours into it before the lsat


Yeah, it's been a serious itch of mine. Once I'm caught up at work, and lose like 10 pounds, I'm going to be a Fallout couch potato

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Yeah I put off dieting for a week before the test but I gotta get back to it

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:19 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:
I've recently learned Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 and I'm trying to synthesize it with Beethoven's Opus 27 No. 2 to create something relatively new. I finally have time to start composing, unless the LSAT somehow destroyed me Monday and I need to start studying heavily after the first week in July.


Ah that was my first Chopin! Did you get around to his etudes? Op. 25 No.11 gave me nightmares.

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


Studying for GRE and HSK. Soon, but like next week :p


I know No. 11 it is a beginner piece (I'm late in the game) but for whatever reason I always avoided it as I was a Beethoven troll. I'll look into Chopin's etudes for you, but recently I've really been drawn towards Liszt's technicality, and so I might want to switch it up and move to some of Liszt' Rhapsodies or La Campanella for an extended period.

User avatar
Incrementalist

Bronze
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:48 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Incrementalist » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:20 pm

Platopus wrote:Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...


I had tested as an INTP

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:20 pm

Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
I think that makes us significantly more likely than most of the population to be sociopaths. (fun fact of the day about the NTJ type)


I'm certainly not a sociopath, but I definitely see how I share some characteristics.


Haha I would hope none of us are. But yep, I have from time to time seen things in myself where I was like :shock:


https://www.psychologytoday.com/article ... -sociopath

I definitely have: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 the rest, not so much.


Hah. That article makes me feel way better about myself. I'm really only guilty of 1-3

User avatar
tuna_wasabi

Bronze
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby tuna_wasabi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:
I've recently learned Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 and I'm trying to synthesize it with Beethoven's Opus 27 No. 2 to create something relatively new. I finally have time to start composing, unless the LSAT somehow destroyed me Monday and I need to start studying heavily after the first week in July.


Ah that was my first Chopin! Did you get around to his etudes? Op. 25 No.11 gave me nightmares.

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


Studying for GRE and HSK. Soon, but like next week :p

Debating about studying for gre as well

Let's do this!

User avatar
Amerision

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Amerision » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Gym and League is gonna be my life for a while.

Also applying to Kaplan. Seems like a sweet side gig for a test I've almost come to enjoy.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
I think that makes us significantly more likely than most of the population to be sociopaths. (fun fact of the day about the NTJ type)


I'm certainly not a sociopath, but I definitely see how I share some characteristics.


Haha I would hope none of us are. But yep, I have from time to time seen things in myself where I was like :shock:


https://www.psychologytoday.com/article ... -sociopath

I definitely have: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 the rest, not so much.


Hah. That article makes me feel way better about myself. I'm really only guilty of 1-3


Pretty sure that just means you're a smart, logical person, which is a good thing



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests