June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
7
5%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 140

jmr2207

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby jmr2207 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi everyone. Long-time lurker here; first post. I also took the exam on Monday, and while I'm glad its over, this waiting period is already stressful! Anyway, I was encouraged to read others had some difficulties with the RC section. I ran out of time and guessed on about 5 questions in that section. :| So I thought it was pretty difficult.... thankfully the rest of the test wasn't too bad though! I am really shooting for the 172-175 range.

Not sure if this is the right place to do this...but I saw some of you talking about non-traditional applicants earlier on. I'm 26 and have 5 years of work experience in research administration. I have a master's in bioethics. At my full time job, I work very closely with contracts and agreements surrounding clinical research, at a large academic medical center. I recently became a manager in my field. So, I am doing this as a change of career.

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone as this application gets underway!

James

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:58 pm

amta wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Oh don't get me wrong, I would love to, but I'm physically away from internet access most times during the day. #classifiedlife


you're only as classified as your internet access while poopin on the clock.


Building shielded from cell service :cry: :cry:

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby amta » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:59 pm

jmr2207 wrote:Hi everyone. Long-time lurker here; first post. I also took the exam on Monday, and while I'm glad its over, this waiting period is already stressful! Anyway, I was encouraged to read others had some difficulties with the RC section. I ran out of time and guessed on about 5 questions in that section. :| So I thought it was pretty difficult.... thankfully the rest of the test wasn't too bad though! I am really shooting for the 172-175 range.

Not sure if this is the right place to do this...but I saw some of you talking about non-traditional applicants earlier on. I'm 26 and have 5 years of work experience in research administration. I have a master's in bioethics. At my full time job, I work very closely with contracts and agreements surrounding clinical research, at a large academic medical center. I recently became a manager in my field. So, I am doing this as a change of career.

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone as this application gets underway!


what do you make a year? what are your weekly hours?

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby amta » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Building shielded from cell service :cry: :cry:


you should def quit now....

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:02 pm

amta wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Building shielded from cell service :cry: :cry:


you should def quit now....


7/8 months. Then 4 month world tour before starting LS. All assuming I broke 170 on Monday ofc (making me eligible for that sweet sweet Dillard I'm shooting for)

They pay me real well though, so things could be worse

NavyNuke

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby NavyNuke » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:03 pm

.
Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmr2207

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby jmr2207 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:08 pm

amta wrote:
jmr2207 wrote:Hi everyone. Long-time lurker here; first post. I also took the exam on Monday, and while I'm glad its over, this waiting period is already stressful! Anyway, I was encouraged to read others had some difficulties with the RC section. I ran out of time and guessed on about 5 questions in that section. :| So I thought it was pretty difficult.... thankfully the rest of the test wasn't too bad though! I am really shooting for the 172-175 range.

Not sure if this is the right place to do this...but I saw some of you talking about non-traditional applicants earlier on. I'm 26 and have 5 years of work experience in research administration. I have a master's in bioethics. At my full time job, I work very closely with contracts and agreements surrounding clinical research, at a large academic medical center. I recently became a manager in my field. So, I am doing this as a change of career.

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone as this application gets underway!


what do you make a year? what are your weekly hours?


More money than I thought I'd be making. And more hours than I thought I'd be working. :)

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:14 pm

jmr2207 wrote:
amta wrote:
jmr2207 wrote:Hi everyone. Long-time lurker here; first post. I also took the exam on Monday, and while I'm glad its over, this waiting period is already stressful! Anyway, I was encouraged to read others had some difficulties with the RC section. I ran out of time and guessed on about 5 questions in that section. :| So I thought it was pretty difficult.... thankfully the rest of the test wasn't too bad though! I am really shooting for the 172-175 range.

Not sure if this is the right place to do this...but I saw some of you talking about non-traditional applicants earlier on. I'm 26 and have 5 years of work experience in research administration. I have a master's in bioethics. At my full time job, I work very closely with contracts and agreements surrounding clinical research, at a large academic medical center. I recently became a manager in my field. So, I am doing this as a change of career.

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone as this application gets underway!


what do you make a year? what are your weekly hours?


More money than I thought I'd be making. And more hours than I thought I'd be working. :)


Prime indicators of successful adulthood

King of the North

Bronze
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby King of the North » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What do y'all do


Beginner lobbyist at a big firm. All that shady good shit.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Go hoos

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:27 pm

NO MORE LSAT TALK

Backread if you have questions




This thread is for shitpoasting purposes only



Please, if you have any drama please come to this thread. Do you have dating issues? Controversial political beliefs?

Please express! You are welcome in these fora

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
amta wrote:how is everyone? you all need talk more.


We got too many career folks in here that either aren't able or aren't willing to shirk their duties to chat on TLS. I regret that most of the time during the day I'm among the first group.

But to answer, going on a date for the first time in ages Friday, so pretty excited looking forward to that

Where did you go?
Did you pay or go Dutch or let s/him pay
Was there sexual friskiness

we're just nerdy internet people you can share!




NVM I misread

Come back when you go


If anyone else has juicy stories share! Let get this thread going
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:32 pm

What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.

User avatar
Typing Puppy

Silver
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Typing Puppy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Any other FBI-interested peeps in the June crowd? There were a couple others sharing my interest last cycle, but pretty sure none of them re-cycled this time around


I'm considering it. Though JAG is more likely.


So does that make UVA the dream, or you interested somewhere else?
I've toyed with the idea of OCS during 1L summer just because Chris Colby told me they've had a number of Lawhoos do that before. I think OCS would be a helpful qualification for where I want to go long term career-wise


Yup. Great school, military friendly, and I love the area.


Cville is so great

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


I've recently learned Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 and I'm trying to synthesize it with Beethoven's Opus 27 No. 2 to create something relatively new. I finally have time to start composing, unless the LSAT somehow destroyed me Monday and I need to start studying heavily after the first week in July.

King of the North

Bronze
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby King of the North » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:46 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


I've recently learned Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2 and I'm trying to synthesize it with Beethoven's Opus 27 No. 2 to create something relatively new. I finally have time to start composing, unless the LSAT somehow destroyed me Monday and I need to start studying heavily after the first week in July.


Ha, I was listening to op. 9 no. 2 as I read your reply. I can't decide if I like Chopin more or Debussy

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


Been putting Fallout 4 off for way too long. I have an unopened collector's edition that is aging nicely, so I think I'll go out this weekend and pick up another copy to actually play. Also bought a 65 inch 4K curved TV 2 weekends ago, and I have barely even turned it on. So probably movies and shit. John Wick 2 is out now.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:54 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


I've been religiously playing Titanfall 2. Also plan to pick back up on my ultimate frisbee hobby 3-4 nights a week. Have definitely missed that. Also looking forward to drinking again. Swore off the bottle for 3 months to focus better. Planning to break my abstinence next week

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


Soccer, app stuff, diablo 3 when the necro gets released. Maybe even dates if someone seems worth the time but doubt it on that.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 pm

vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is a thing yall want to do now that you're done with the lsat for at least a month?
Any new hobbies??



I want to join some language classes, and brush up on some that I speak.


Soccer, app stuff, diablo 3 when the necro gets released. Maybe even dates if someone seems worth the time but doubt it on that.


Don't give up on the dates things. I was ready to swear that off after the train wreck that my last relationship was, but then I randomly met someone and am back in the game starting Friday. Really coincided nicely with the end of LSAT studying

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Platopus wrote:Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...


Introverted extrovert. I love hanging out with people when I'm there, but if I don't have semi-regular breaks for alone time to recharge I get burnt out.

Bro. Better to be single than have a fiancee walk out at the altar. Trust me.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Bro. Better to be single than have a fiancee walk out at the altar. Trust me.


I do not envy you. Damn, that really sucks.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Jack_Kelly » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Platopus wrote:Would you folks say you're more extroverted or more introverted or about even?

Edit: I'm super introverted. Quit making me feel bad about all this date talk...

I was 100% I on the Myers Briggs or whatever for what that's worth.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Bro. Better to be single than have a fiancee walk out at the altar. Trust me.


I do not envy you. Damn, that really sucks.


The LSAT really helped me cope and drew my focus over the past year. I feel like a piece of me is missing with it gone (as weird as that sounds)



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JoblessAndHopeless and 19 guests