June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

heyduchess

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Out of curiosity... Where my non-trad splitters at?! You panicking yet, fam? Because I am!

coskigirl

Bronze

Postby coskigirl » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:19 pm

vtdelt wrote:
coskigirl wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
coskigirl wrote:
:shock: Y'all are cracking me up. I turned 40 one month before test day. Studying and testing are definitely harder now than when I was in my 20s but that is also exacerbated by the other responsibilities I hold such as a full time + job in legal already. :mrgreen:

Welp, I just lost "Oldest Person" Title! Glad to know there's someone else in my struggles in comparison to the kids ;-)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Glad I can help. There's a lot of good in the late 30s and 40s though so I don't generally mind being older. Just funny when I read forums like this.

I was excited that you're the first person to claim over 30 in this thread. Literally replied to Mikey I had leg hair older than him...

Agreed on there being a lot of good for being in 30's and 40's. Experience, knowing where to go with career, why LS will help, and at least for me with working full time and doing school PT I'll be able to pay 1/3 of my tuition per year for the schools I'm targeting so that helps with the post school debt.

I'll be doing PT while working FT as well but I'll also get tuition assistance from my company. Additionally, my boss is in house counsel so I'll have a lot of support and guidance from him and other attorneys within my company and our related organizations. I have a pretty sweet setup as long as I get into the school I want into.

greenmusic97

New

Postby greenmusic97 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:19 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
Platopus wrote:
greenmusic97 wrote:Does anyone remember which of the four games on the real LG had only 5 questions?

This level of detail eludes me.

It was either the first or second one (I think first). I remember because I normally skip the 5 question one and come back to it for time-saving purposes.

Ok, I thought the first one as well! Thank you!

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:20 pm

heyduchess wrote:Out of curiosity... Where my non-trad splitters at?! You panicking yet, fam? Because I am!

*waves hi* Panicking over what? The test and impacts?
Last edited by Experiment626 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:21 pm

coskigirl wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
coskigirl wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
coskigirl wrote:
:shock: Y'all are cracking me up. I turned 40 one month before test day. Studying and testing are definitely harder now than when I was in my 20s but that is also exacerbated by the other responsibilities I hold such as a full time + job in legal already. :mrgreen:

Welp, I just lost "Oldest Person" Title! Glad to know there's someone else in my struggles in comparison to the kids ;-)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Glad I can help. There's a lot of good in the late 30s and 40s though so I don't generally mind being older. Just funny when I read forums like this.

I was excited that you're the first person to claim over 30 in this thread. Literally replied to Mikey I had leg hair older than him...

Agreed on there being a lot of good for being in 30's and 40's. Experience, knowing where to go with career, why LS will help, and at least for me with working full time and doing school PT I'll be able to pay 1/3 of my tuition per year for the schools I'm targeting so that helps with the post school debt.

I'll be doing PT while working FT as well but I'll also get tuition assistance from my company. Additionally, my boss is in house counsel so I'll have a lot of support and guidance from him and other attorneys within my company and our related organizations. I have a pretty sweet setup as long as I get into the school I want into.

Jealous. I'm a fed so all I can do is hope they don't get rid of PSLF before I start... :roll: :( If they do, it's all on me and if I get scholarships...

Ilovemydogxo

New

Postby Ilovemydogxo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:29 pm

For the writing section I argued that the councilor should build a wall around his district.

Dybbuk

New

Postby Dybbuk » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today

I feel better than yesterday, if not by much. I had to straight up fill in random ovals for the last 3 RC questions. So worst case scenario I'm looking at maybe a -5 there if I didn't get lucky. Then that just leaves LG which I felt very confident about and think could have been -0, and LR which I was going -1 per section leading up to the test. There was only 1 question there I am pretty sure I got wrong, I was fairly confident elsewhere. So I'm thinking I just may have squeaked out a 170-173, especially if the curve is -11. I'd be more the happy with that after having a near panic attack on what turned out to be the experimental LG section

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:41 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I'm starting to play the "hope" game now where I'm calculating things I'm pretty sure I got wrong with "well if I did well here then I did good!"

I literally did the analysis of worst case scenario on RC, giving myself -2 on LG even through I'm fairly certain I went -0 unless I made a stupid mistake, and using my LR average I'm within my initial goal range for this test but oscillating between a 5 point spread...

I gave up doing this. Anyone else signing up for September?

I don't want to give the LSAC money if I don't have to. Can we get a refund after scores come out?

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Ilovemydogxo wrote:For the writing section I argued that the councilor should build a wall around his district.

Nah, Cersei Lannister the competition in the burbs...

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:50 pm

heyduchess wrote:Out of curiosity... Where my non-trad splitters at?! You panicking yet, fam? Because I am!

what is a non-trad splitter?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:55 pm

amta wrote:

The complete opposite of me, many years out of undergrad, relatively low GPA, high LSAT.

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
amta wrote:

The complete opposite of me, many years out of undergrad, relatively low GPA, high LSAT.

well that was my first thought, but then i thought it could also mean reverse splitter?

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm

I keep going over best case/worst case scenarios in my head. I'm thinking at best I went -3 in RC, -0 in LR1, -2 in LR 2, and -2 in LG. That would put me in 173-174 territory. Worst case is -6 in RC, -2 in LR1, -5 in LR2, -5 in LG, which would put me around 167 to 168, and probably in retake territory. I can't escape the feeling that I missed a major inference on the last game and blew what would have been a pretty easy section otherwise.

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Last edited by rowdy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Postby LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Platopus wrote:The more I think about this test, the more i think my score actually hinges on LR, not RC. LG pretty confident is -0 after playing through the one question I was unsure of (remembered all the rules and the AC I chose, it checks out). RC was hard, but my worst RC performance is maybe a -5. Additionally I had RC first, so I remember the least from that section. Realistically though, wouldn't be surprised at a -2 to -5 RC.

Now LR I thought was really, really easy. My one main concern in section 2 has been allieviated. Others agree it was fairly easy/straightforward, so unless i bit on every trap answer, -1 or -2 combined seems reasonable. However, I in the later tests, I felt like i went -1/-2 and actually went -4/-5, so thats scary. But, tests 40-60 when i felt like -1 it usually was. So I've determined my scores really hinges on how well I did on LR.

The LR section to me feels like a complete blur looking back. I am not sure if it was adrenaline or what it was exactly. Anyone else experience this?

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:33 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
Platopus wrote:The more I think about this test, the more i think my score actually hinges on LR, not RC. LG pretty confident is -0 after playing through the one question I was unsure of (remembered all the rules and the AC I chose, it checks out). RC was hard, but my worst RC performance is maybe a -5. Additionally I had RC first, so I remember the least from that section. Realistically though, wouldn't be surprised at a -2 to -5 RC.

Now LR I thought was really, really easy. My one main concern in section 2 has been allieviated. Others agree it was fairly easy/straightforward, so unless i bit on every trap answer, -1 or -2 combined seems reasonable. However, I in the later tests, I felt like i went -1/-2 and actually went -4/-5, so thats scary. But, tests 40-60 when i felt like -1 it usually was. So I've determined my scores really hinges on how well I did on LR.

The LR section to me feels like a complete blur looking back. I am not sure if it was adrenaline or what it was exactly. Anyone else experience this?

Same, but I can never remember individual questions from LR. Maybe it's because it's my best section, but they always blur together for me.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:41 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:

Yea, everything is a blur. I remember the RC passage topics but blanks on most questions except a few that stuck because I pondered them for a bit. LG is my fav section so I remember a little bit of each but only one game in whole for rules and the odd question here and there (probably the ones I worked on the most in the "harder two" games. LR is like a full on blank except for the few where the stim was memorable in some way... and even then it's just the topic not the whole stim and ACs...

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Ilovemydogxo wrote:For the writing section I argued that the councilor should build a wall around his district.

I referred to the councilor as "she" at least 15 times.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:49 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:

I totally experienced this. I also had the LR experimental section (but I don't remember feeling bad about it after the first section like other people are saying). If anything, I'm most worried about the 2nd (real) LR section just because I was forcing my way through to the end and got hit with that isotope question, which left me blind guessing on the last question because I ran out of time. My biggest problem in predicting my score is that I have NO idea what my RC score is going to be. The last several PTs have had the least amount of questions on the last passage, which I think I got used to, so coming into the last passage and rushing through all those questions killed me...

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:53 pm

heyduchess wrote:

I referred to the councilor as "she" at least 15 times.

I almost started referring to them as he but forced myself to write out "the councilor" every damn time to make sure there wasn't some weird gender assignment analysis on the off chance someone can read my horrible hand writing and pays attention to my essay.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:53 pm

amta wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
amta wrote:

well that was my first thought, but then i thought it could also mean reverse splitter?

Yeah. Both non-trad and a splitter. It's got to be pretty common. You think your GPA will never matter so you prioritize your extra-curricular positions, internships, and jobs over classwork... Ugh. If only I could go back in time and slap freshman-Duchess and tell her to take her Gen Ed classes seriously and that B's don't get (JD) degrees.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:55 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:

I totally experienced this. I also had the LR experimental section (but I don't remember feeling bad about it after the first section like other people are saying). If anything, I'm most worried about the 2nd (real) LR section just because I was forcing my way through to the end and got hit with that isotope question, which left me blind guessing on the last question because I ran out of time. My biggest problem in predicting my score is that I have NO idea what my RC score is going to be. The last several PTs have had the least amount of questions on the last passage, which I think I got used to, so coming into the last passage and rushing through all those questions killed me...

Exact same experience as you, down to rushing through the last RC passage. On hindsight I should have left that bloody isotope question and quickly moved on to the next Q but noooo. Glad to see a SCOTUS also experienced this!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:05 pm

Legit question: what if they can't read your handwriting? I think my writing section is pretty good but I have some atrocious handwriting and it's an antiquated practice at this point. Sometimes I can't even read my own handwriting. I made an effort to make my writing sample as legible as possible but I can see how someone might be confused at a few words.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:Exact same experience as you, down to rushing through the last RC passage. On hindsight I should have left that bloody isotope question and quickly moved on to the next Q but noooo. Glad to see a SCOTUS also experienced this!

Yea... After that happened on one PT I usually end up doing the first two and then doing the last two based on which has more questions. I know each passage can have different difficulties based on the subject and person taking the test but I'd rather not rush finishing the passage with 6+ questions in a RC and rush on the one with the least amount of questions...

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Postby LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:12 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:

I had the LR experimental as well and I could identify it as such because a particular stem was prevalent enough to the point I knew it could not be real, thus similar to you, I did not feel bad about it after finishing the awful thing. I think I rushed in all of my LR sections somewhat. I think on the real LR's, I actually spent much more time on questions 10-15 than I normally would have, which forced me to start reading VERY quickly on the last few questions. That's what I really meant to portray by adrenaline; I almost felt like I could read the stim and answer choices much faster than I would have on a prep test, and whether or not I actually absorbed them as well will be reflected in my score.
Last edited by LesPaul1995 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?