June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
8
6%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 141

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:31 pm

I felt really good about my score this morning, but I've come back down to thinking I've got about a 50/50 shot of having to retake. It'll come down to those 3 questions in LG and how I did on the tricky LRs.

User avatar
Amerision

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Amerision » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Currently vicariously living through the December 2016 Waiters Thread.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby dm1683 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I felt really good about my score this morning, but I've come back down to thinking I've got about a 50/50 shot of having to retake. It'll come down to those 3 questions in LG and how I did on the tricky LRs.

Am I the only one here who hasn't really gone back and forth about their score? I've been confident since I walked out of the test center, despite uncertainty about RC. This is either a really good sign or a really, really bad one hahaha

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:38 pm

coskigirl wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mikey wrote:pls tell me you're not almost 30. I could've sworn this whole time that you were like 21


Oh great, I sound perfectly mature then.....
I'm 25 so just beginning to have an existential crisis


Yeah I'm 26 and somehow managed to sit next to someone older than me in the testing room yesterday. I don't really feel old though, although life is vastly different when you're 21 compared to 26.


Ha, I'm only 20... one more month! Before the test started I asked the guy next to me if he had ever taken the LSAT before and he was like "yeah, 17 years ago!" I guess I knew that people that much older than me took the LSAT but for some reason it still came as a surprise to me.

The first time I took the LSAT (last June) there was actually an older gentleman in the R oom who was prob no less than 60. I feel like he got a 180


There's another one in my test center too :D When we got out he kindly offered me a ride, since he said earlier he saw me getting off a taxi (I didn't have a car and was taking the test outside of DC).

This test is such a mental drain that I find it admirable older people are taking it willingly. Pretty sure when I reach his age I don't want to go anywhere near things like LSAT--it's hard enough as it is for people in their 20's


:shock: Y'all are cracking me up. I turned 40 one month before test day. Studying and testing are definitely harder now than when I was in my 20s but that is also exacerbated by the other responsibilities I hold such as a full time + job in legal already. :mrgreen:


I'll give you that the age difference may make it tougher, but a bunch of us are also holding down full time + jobs.

Been working 50ish hour weeks on top of studying 2-3hours a night after work. So glad for a repreieve from the grind.

User avatar
heyduchess

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


Still wavering between paranoia (<167) and visions of grandeur (>171)


This is me.

But my range was solidly 168-174 for the past few months. And if I get a 168, I'm in at the school that makes the most sense for my life logistically. And if I'm 174, I'm in at the school where I'd like my classmates the most. So, IF I'M IN MY RANGE, IT'S ALL GOOD.

coskigirl

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 9:45 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby coskigirl » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Yeah, 50+ hours a week was much easier when I was in my 20s and early 30s though. We all have our own challenges. Agree on the reprieve from the grind although my clients appear to have just held on to a bunch of contracts for review and they all dropped on my lap yesterday. Guess that will distract me while I wait. :wink:

saf18hornet

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby saf18hornet » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I felt really good about my score this morning, but I've come back down to thinking I've got about a 50/50 shot of having to retake. It'll come down to those 3 questions in LG and how I did on the tricky LRs.


RC was tough, but i had a reason for all my answers. Sure I could have done way better than I expected. I have my only -1 ever on the clay tablets C section, so who knows. If a couple LR choices swing my way on that last section, then sure, 17x is doable. I'm taking in September with anything less than a 174 anyway, so doesn't really change my plans.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby principalagent » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


Still wavering between paranoia (<167) and visions of grandeur (>171)


+1

Pretty much hovered between 168-172 with occasional 173s and the odd 174 or 175. I would probably rather <169 or >=173 so retaking or not would be a clear decision

User avatar
zkyggi

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:14 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby zkyggi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:03 pm

As time has gone on, I have become more settled with my score as well. My worst RC in the month leading up to the test was -5, and I think that would give me a 172+ on the test. I think I would need a -7/-8 to be out of the 170s, so I'm hoping the data does not lie.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby mwells56 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


Still wavering between paranoia (<167) and visions of grandeur (>171)


heh, same.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:26 pm

The more I think about this test, the more i think my score actually hinges on LR, not RC. LG pretty confident is -0 after playing through the one question I was unsure of (remembered all the rules and the AC I chose, it checks out). RC was hard, but my worst RC performance is maybe a -5. Additionally I had RC first, so I remember the least from that section. Realistically though, wouldn't be surprised at a -2 to -5 RC.

Now LR I thought was really, really easy. My one main concern in section 2 has been allieviated. Others agree it was fairly easy/straightforward, so unless i bit on every trap answer, -1 or -2 combined seems reasonable. However, I in the later tests, I felt like i went -1/-2 and actually went -4/-5, so thats scary. But, tests 40-60 when i felt like -1 it usually was. So I've determined my scores really hinges on how well I did on LR.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Not a chance scores come out on the 3rd

User avatar
heyduchess

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Platopus wrote:Not a chance scores come out on the 3rd


My LR skillz are telling me not to predict the release date based on a small sample of past releases... But they've never released after the 4th, I don't think.

User avatar
Amerision

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Amerision » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Little ignorant here, so would appreciate some help -- do the T14 give out fee waivers? What's generally the baseline LSAT score to get waivers to the majority of them? And if I get a waiver this year after my LSAT (2017), can I use it next year when I actually apply (2018 cycle)?
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:43 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Platopus wrote:Not a chance scores come out on the 3rd


My LR skillz are telling me not to predict the release date based on a small sample of past releases... But they've never released after the 4th, I don't think.


Its a Monday before a national holiday, nothing productive will get done that day.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm

coskigirl wrote:
:shock: Y'all are cracking me up. I turned 40 one month before test day. Studying and testing are definitely harder now than when I was in my 20s but that is also exacerbated by the other responsibilities I hold such as a full time + job in legal already. :mrgreen:



Welp, I just lost "Oldest Person" Title! Glad to know there's someone else in my struggles in comparison to the kids ;-)

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I'm starting to play the "hope" game now where I'm calculating things I'm pretty sure I got wrong with "well if I did well here then I did good!"


I literally did the analysis of worst case scenario on RC, giving myself -2 on LG even through I'm fairly certain I went -0 unless I made a stupid mistake, and using my LR average I'm within my initial goal range for this test but oscillating between a 5 point spread...

User avatar
tuna_wasabi

Bronze
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby tuna_wasabi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:51 pm

vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I'm starting to play the "hope" game now where I'm calculating things I'm pretty sure I got wrong with "well if I did well here then I did good!"


I literally did the analysis of worst case scenario on RC, giving myself -2 on LG even through I'm fairly certain I went -0 unless I made a stupid mistake, and using my LR average I'm within my initial goal range for this test but oscillating between a 5 point spread...


I gave up doing this. Anyone else signing up for September?

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:53 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I'm starting to play the "hope" game now where I'm calculating things I'm pretty sure I got wrong with "well if I did well here then I did good!"


I literally did the analysis of worst case scenario on RC, giving myself -2 on LG even through I'm fairly certain I went -0 unless I made a stupid mistake, and using my LR average I'm within my initial goal range for this test but oscillating between a 5 point spread...


I gave up doing this. Anyone else signing up for September?


I'm probably signing up for December. I have a vacation that's supposed to start day before the Sept test and was going to go to Oktoberfest. I really don't want to delay the vacation and I also don't like the idea of taking an undisclosed test in a foreign country the day after arriving with jet lag and all... But if I did worse than my fears, then I'll be canceling the vacation to do Sept and Dec.

User avatar
heyduchess

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Amerision wrote:Little ignorant here, so would appreciate some help -- do the T14 give out fee waivers? What's generally the baseline LSAT score to get waivers to the majority of them? And if I get a waiver this year after my LSAT (2017), can I use it next year when I actually apply (2018 cycle)?


A good friend of mine got a 174 and got fee waivers from Duke, Penn, and UVA if I'm not mistaken.

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Pozzo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Amerision wrote:Little ignorant here, so would appreciate some help -- do the T14 give out fee waivers? What's generally the baseline LSAT score to get waivers to the majority of them? And if I get a waiver this year after my LSAT (2017), can I use it next year when I actually apply (2018 cycle)?

Yes, T14 do give out waivers. There's no hard and fast rule on how they give them out. Some are more selective (say, LSAT >75%), while others use it to increase their applicant pool. If you don't get one unsolicited, you can always write and ask for one. I'm not sure about delaying their use, but I think I remember hearing that most schools are pretty chill about it, you just ask.

FWIW, I got 174 and only paid app fees at HYS. But 174 is hardly necessary for waivers.

coskigirl

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 9:45 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby coskigirl » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:00 pm

vtdelt wrote:
coskigirl wrote:
:shock: Y'all are cracking me up. I turned 40 one month before test day. Studying and testing are definitely harder now than when I was in my 20s but that is also exacerbated by the other responsibilities I hold such as a full time + job in legal already. :mrgreen:



Welp, I just lost "Oldest Person" Title! Glad to know there's someone else in my struggles in comparison to the kids ;-)


:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Glad I can help. There's a lot of good in the late 30s and 40s though so I don't generally mind being older. Just funny when I read forums like this.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Jack_Kelly » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Amerision wrote:Little ignorant here, so would appreciate some help -- do the T14 give out fee waivers? What's generally the baseline LSAT score to get waivers to the majority of them? And if I get a waiver this year after my LSAT (2017), can I use it next year when I actually apply (2018 cycle)?

The lower half regularly do it for anyone over a 170 http://mylsn.info/fyji0a/

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:04 pm

coskigirl wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
coskigirl wrote:
:shock: Y'all are cracking me up. I turned 40 one month before test day. Studying and testing are definitely harder now than when I was in my 20s but that is also exacerbated by the other responsibilities I hold such as a full time + job in legal already. :mrgreen:



Welp, I just lost "Oldest Person" Title! Glad to know there's someone else in my struggles in comparison to the kids ;-)


:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Glad I can help. There's a lot of good in the late 30s and 40s though so I don't generally mind being older. Just funny when I read forums like this.


I was excited that you're the first person to claim over 30 in this thread. Literally replied to Mikey I had leg hair older than him...

Agreed on there being a lot of good for being in 30's and 40's. Experience, knowing where to go with career, why LS will help, and at least for me with working full time and doing school PT I'll be able to pay 1/3-1/2 of my tuition per year for the schools I'm targeting so that helps with the post school debt.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Amerision wrote:Little ignorant here, so would appreciate some help -- do the T14 give out fee waivers? What's generally the baseline LSAT score to get waivers to the majority of them? And if I get a waiver this year after my LSAT (2017), can I use it next year when I actually apply (2018 cycle)?

I've gotten NU and berk in the past. If you get like a 168+ you'll get some



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests