June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
7
5%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 140

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:50 am

QueenBAYder wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:
Platopus wrote:Dave Killoran from Powerscore predicting -11 curve, but wouldn't be surprised at a -10 or a -9.


Yes I think I've settled in my mind that both -10 and -11 will be scored a 170.

I'll take it.


So I was worried about a tight curve too, but then I started thinking about past practice tests with a similar set up (easy LG, hard RC) and realized Monday's test was pretty similar to PT71 (the last test in volume 5 of the 10 Actuals). That test was actually weighted at a -14, which I know is wishful thinking but... its something lol.


Good point, id say the LR in 71 is much harder though

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mikey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:52 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Walliums wrote:Did I miss all the fun? Sharing photos and outting how close we are to 30?

pls tell me you're not almost 30. I could've sworn this whole time that you were like 21


Oh great, I sound perfectly mature then.....
I'm 25 so just beginning to have an existential crisis


Yeah I'm 26 and somehow managed to sit next to someone older than me in the testing room yesterday. I don't really feel old though, although life is vastly different when you're 21 compared to 26.


Ha, I'm only 20... one more month! Before the test started I asked the guy next to me if he had ever taken the LSAT before and he was like "yeah, 17 years ago!" I guess I knew that people that much older than me took the LSAT but for some reason it still came as a surprise to me.

The first time I took the LSAT (last June) there was actually an older gentleman in the R oom who was prob no less than 60. I feel like he got a 180

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 am

QueenBAYder wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:
Platopus wrote:Dave Killoran from Powerscore predicting -11 curve, but wouldn't be surprised at a -10 or a -9.


Yes I think I've settled in my mind that both -10 and -11 will be scored a 170.

I'll take it.


So I was worried about a tight curve too, but then I started thinking about past practice tests with a similar set up (easy LG, hard RC) and realized Monday's test was pretty similar to PT71 (the last test in volume 5 of the 10 Actuals). That test was actually weighted at a -14, which I know is wishful thinking but... its something lol.

I really don't think it will be worse than -10, -11 is more likely. C2 was -9 and had similar games but the LR and RC was much easier than Monday's test.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:08 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:
Platopus wrote:Dave Killoran from Powerscore predicting -11 curve, but wouldn't be surprised at a -10 or a -9.


Yes I think I've settled in my mind that both -10 and -11 will be scored a 170.

I'll take it.


So I was worried about a tight curve too, but then I started thinking about past practice tests with a similar set up (easy LG, hard RC) and realized Monday's test was pretty similar to PT71 (the last test in volume 5 of the 10 Actuals). That test was actually weighted at a -14, which I know is wishful thinking but... its something lol.

I really don't think it will be worse than -10, -11 is more likely. C2 was -9 and had similar games but the LR and RC was much easier than Monday's test.


Expecting -10 or -11.

I think there is 0 chance it's looser than that. Anticipating -10, so that I can be happy if it turns out to be -11 (I think it's 50-50 between the two).

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:17 am

Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Walliums wrote:Did I miss all the fun? Sharing photos and outting how close we are to 30?

pls tell me you're not almost 30. I could've sworn this whole time that you were like 21


Oh great, I sound perfectly mature then.....
I'm 25 so just beginning to have an existential crisis


Yeah I'm 26 and somehow managed to sit next to someone older than me in the testing room yesterday. I don't really feel old though, although life is vastly different when you're 21 compared to 26.


Ha, I'm only 20... one more month! Before the test started I asked the guy next to me if he had ever taken the LSAT before and he was like "yeah, 17 years ago!" I guess I knew that people that much older than me took the LSAT but for some reason it still came as a surprise to me.

The first time I took the LSAT (last June) there was actually an older gentleman in the R oom who was prob no less than 60. I feel like he got a 180


I would say there were at least 10 people at my test who were 45+. I mean maybe they looked older than they were but I don't think they could be much younger than that. A lot of them showed up together, too.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mikey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:26 am

Ntp73821 wrote:I would say there were at least 10 people at my test who were 45+. I mean maybe they looked older than they were but I don't think they could be much younger than that. A lot of them showed up together, too.

Yeah. There are actually some other reasons people take the LSAT, which is kinda cool. We had an older guy last September (not too old but older) who was trying to get a 180 on the LSAT before beginning to teach it but he could only get upper 170's :mrgreen: must be nice haha. I also knew someone on here who was an attorney for like 10 yrs and just liked to take the LSAT :roll:

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:35 am

Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:I would say there were at least 10 people at my test who were 45+. I mean maybe they looked older than they were but I don't think they could be much younger than that. A lot of them showed up together, too.

Yeah. There are actually some other reasons people take the LSAT, which is kinda cool. We had an older guy last September (not too old but older) who was trying to get a 180 on the LSAT before beginning to teach it but he could only get upper 170's :mrgreen: must be nice haha. I also knew someone on here who was an attorney for like 10 yrs and just liked to take the LSAT :roll:


I definitely understand the desire to get a 180 before teaching it. Plus, can you really have too many tests under your belt if you are trying to teach the test? But taking it just because you like it... ew. Why not just buy practice tests and take them at home? I can't imagine wanting to pay $180 to take a test for fun. :shock:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mikey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:40 am

Ntp73821 wrote:I definitely understand the desire to get a 180 before teaching it. Plus, can you really have too many tests under your belt if you are trying to teach the test? But taking it just because you like it... ew. Why not just buy practice tests and take them at home? I can't imagine wanting to pay $180 to take a test for fun. :shock:

haha, idk.. real experience? idk lol.

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am

Mikey wrote: haha, idk.. real experience? idk lol.


All those hobbies to choose from and he/she chose the agony of the LSAT :lol:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mikey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:45 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
Mikey wrote: haha, idk.. real experience? idk lol.


All those hobbies to choose from and he/she chose the agony of the LSAT :lol:

hey, everyone has their interests lol.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:55 am

How's everyone feeling today

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:55 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:I would say there were at least 10 people at my test who were 45+. I mean maybe they looked older than they were but I don't think they could be much younger than that. A lot of them showed up together, too.

Yeah. There are actually some other reasons people take the LSAT, which is kinda cool. We had an older guy last September (not too old but older) who was trying to get a 180 on the LSAT before beginning to teach it but he could only get upper 170's :mrgreen: must be nice haha. I also knew someone on here who was an attorney for like 10 yrs and just liked to take the LSAT :roll:


I definitely understand the desire to get a 180 before teaching it. Plus, can you really have too many tests under your belt if you are trying to teach the test? But taking it just because you like it... ew. Why not just buy practice tests and take them at home? I can't imagine wanting to pay $180 to take a test for fun. :shock:


I actually really enjoy the test. I'm highly motivated by challenge/competition, and the LSAT is one of the few things I've run across in life that interested me that I wasn't naturally great at (on re-reading this, it makes me sound super pretentious...not what I'm trying to convery. I just have a knack for education/academic things normally, and I've actually had to work hard to get better/learn for the LSAT). It's been fun honing my abilities and increasing my performance. I could see myself sitting for a real administration even after I start LS just to see how long it takes me to break into the upper 170s

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:58 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


More confident than I did leaving the test. I think 173/174 isn't out of the question for me based on how I'm feeling right now. After seeing other people's concerns/struggles, I can't pinpoint a single LR question that I *know* I missed (granted there are probably a couple where I got tricked by a trap answer), and that's a huge improvement from past administrations. Also the more I think about RC, I really think there were only 2 where I was completely dissatisfied with my answer.

User avatar
Amerision

Bronze
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Amerision » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:59 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


Woke up this morning feeling thinking that maybe I scored a 180 (lol) so I'm feeling good.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:02 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


Still wavering between paranoia (<167) and visions of grandeur (>171)

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:07 am

I'm starting to play the "hope" game now where I'm calculating things I'm pretty sure I got wrong with "well if I did well here then I did good!"

User avatar
tuna_wasabi

Bronze
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby tuna_wasabi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:17 am

Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Walliums wrote:Did I miss all the fun? Sharing photos and outting how close we are to 30?

pls tell me you're not almost 30. I could've sworn this whole time that you were like 21


Oh great, I sound perfectly mature then.....
I'm 25 so just beginning to have an existential crisis


Yeah I'm 26 and somehow managed to sit next to someone older than me in the testing room yesterday. I don't really feel old though, although life is vastly different when you're 21 compared to 26.


Ha, I'm only 20... one more month! Before the test started I asked the guy next to me if he had ever taken the LSAT before and he was like "yeah, 17 years ago!" I guess I knew that people that much older than me took the LSAT but for some reason it still came as a surprise to me.

The first time I took the LSAT (last June) there was actually an older gentleman in the R oom who was prob no less than 60. I feel like he got a 180


There's another one in my test center too :D When we got out he kindly offered me a ride, since he said earlier he saw me getting off a taxi (I didn't have a car and was taking the test outside of DC).

This test is such a mental drain that I find it admirable older people are taking it willingly. Pretty sure when I reach his age I don't want to go anywhere near things like LSAT--it's hard enough as it is for people in their 20's

User avatar
tuna_wasabi

Bronze
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby tuna_wasabi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:20 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
Platopus wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote::D Side note: I feel like my English improved a lot over the course of LSAT prep, which is kinda amazing in and of itself. Still nowhere near native-speaker level in proficiency, but it's slowly getting there


I live with 2 non-native speakers and your English is very good! Especially for some of the crap the LSAT throws at us!


In terms of reading I'm okay, but speaking needs some work (either that or the test takers in my center are just particularly eloquent). Before studying for the LSAT, I had no idea what spleen means and nooo idea that toll and highways are different.


I moved to the US when I was 4 and learned English then, and I still don't speak English at home with my family, and I never would have guessed that it's your second language. I speak English much better than my native language at this point, but I'm usually pretty good at spotting a fellow foreigner lol.

Also wanted to add that there were definitely a couple times during studying when i had to look up the definition of a word on the LSAT haha, it can be pretty tough sometimes.


You would notice when I speak haha. My friends still correct my pronunciation from time to time. No joke, there are some questions I missed throughout my prep solely because I didn't understand some of the ACs.

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:25 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


I feel better than yesterday, which was the day after the test. I felt my best as soon as I got out of the test, especially since after checking the forums I found out most people who had trouble with certain parts of the tests I did as well, so that's comforting. If anything, I'm less euprohric than immediately after the test, and angry that LSAC makes us wait 3 weeks min. to release the scores.

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 am

Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


Still wavering between paranoia (<167) and visions of grandeur (>171)


+1

I had LSAT related dreams two nights in a row... hoping they go away soon so I don't lose my mind waiting on my score lol :? I keep thinking that maybe I misbubbled something even though I triple checked when taking the test.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calmike

Bronze
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby calmike » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:32 am

If LG is my best section, should I retake in September in hopes of a tougher LG section which I can go -0 thereby having a tougher curve which means I would have a higher LSAT score than June's test?

User avatar
MediocreAtBest

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby MediocreAtBest » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:47 am

calmike wrote:If LG is my best section, should I retake in September in hopes of a tougher LG section which I can go -0 thereby having a tougher curve which means I would have a higher LSAT score than June's test?


Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just in hopes of a tougher curve.

User avatar
MediocreAtBest

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby MediocreAtBest » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:49 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


I don't even know anymore lol. I told myself I wouldn't think about the test until we got the scores back but it's all I think about. I want to say I got a 174, that's my gut feeling, but I just don't know. I don't want to get my hopes up and end up with a 169.

User avatar
lillelord

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:27 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby lillelord » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:How's everyone feeling today


Still wavering between paranoia (<167) and visions of grandeur (>171)


+1

I had LSAT related dreams two nights in a row... hoping they go away soon so I don't lose my mind waiting on my score lol :? I keep thinking that maybe I misbubbled something even though I triple checked when taking the test.


+1+1,
It feels like I just left a weird cult where all I did was bubble in sheets and do routine formal logic tests, for the last two weeks before the test I was doing 2 PT's a day, and now that it's done, I feel like I've left behind a big part of my life, with no clue if all the effort was worth it or not. I also think the amount I've been reading other people stressing about it has made me stress about it too. :(

coskigirl

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 9:45 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby coskigirl » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:24 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Walliums wrote:Did I miss all the fun? Sharing photos and outting how close we are to 30?

pls tell me you're not almost 30. I could've sworn this whole time that you were like 21


Oh great, I sound perfectly mature then.....
I'm 25 so just beginning to have an existential crisis


Yeah I'm 26 and somehow managed to sit next to someone older than me in the testing room yesterday. I don't really feel old though, although life is vastly different when you're 21 compared to 26.


Ha, I'm only 20... one more month! Before the test started I asked the guy next to me if he had ever taken the LSAT before and he was like "yeah, 17 years ago!" I guess I knew that people that much older than me took the LSAT but for some reason it still came as a surprise to me.

The first time I took the LSAT (last June) there was actually an older gentleman in the R oom who was prob no less than 60. I feel like he got a 180


There's another one in my test center too :D When we got out he kindly offered me a ride, since he said earlier he saw me getting off a taxi (I didn't have a car and was taking the test outside of DC).

This test is such a mental drain that I find it admirable older people are taking it willingly. Pretty sure when I reach his age I don't want to go anywhere near things like LSAT--it's hard enough as it is for people in their 20's


:shock: Y'all are cracking me up. I turned 40 one month before test day. Studying and testing are definitely harder now than when I was in my 20s but that is also exacerbated by the other responsibilities I hold such as a full time + job in legal already. :mrgreen:



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests