June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

calmike

Bronze

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180

Postby calmike » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:52 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:Anyone else feels a bit empty after the test?

Planning to rest for a week before studying for the GRE, but no hurt in starting it a bit earlier :D Side note: I feel like my English improved a lot over the course of LSAT prep, which is kinda amazing in and of itself. Still nowhere near native-speaker level in proficiency, but it's slowly getting there

I have heard of postpartum-esque depression after the LSAT is over, due to the amount of time some people devote to studying, and now that it is over people feel like they lack a particular sense of purpose in their lives. To combat this, I would continue studying LSAT materials during your time off to ease your mind, additionally, if you didn't do as well as you thought and want to retake, it wouldn't had been a wasted 3 weeks.

Oh damn, Ive been depressed since leaving college then :/

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby tuna_wasabi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Neil_Gorsuch wrote:Hi everyone, a couple of us are meeting at Blackfinn at 530 in DC if anyone is interested.

Just saw this... any other round this week? :)

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Buckeye Gus wrote:Not sure how to feel. I've been out of school for a few years and I'm working full time, and I didn't buckle down with the studying as much as I wanted to.

Might as well make myself comfortable in here. Are most people in here students or old timers like me?

I'm somewhere in between. Just out of college last year. I kinda understand how you feel -- trying to get into a studying mindset is hard when you work full-time

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:07 pm

calmike wrote:What are you career backup plans if you don't go to law school?

I am preparing to take community college classes to be able to enroll in a local Masters in Computer Science

and

I am going to take the Foreign Service Officer Exam

Continue to go to the job I already have. I'm already at my back-up plan job...

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:12 pm

calmike wrote:
Buckeye Gus wrote:Not sure how to feel. I've been out of school for a few years and I'm working full time, and I didn't buckle down with the studying as much as I wanted to.

Might as well make myself comfortable in here. Are most people in here students or old timers like me?

I am an old timer. Ive been out of school for 5 years now.

11 years here.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:14 pm

vtdelt wrote:
calmike wrote:

11 years here.

1 month here :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Mikey wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
calmike wrote:

11 years here.

1 month here :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think I have leg hair older than you...

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:17 pm

vtdelt wrote:I think I have leg hair older than you...

hahahaha

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Anyone else just sitting around trying to figure out what to do with like 3 extra hours of free time now? I'm giving myself to the end of the week, but I seriously put on like 20lbs because of this test.... Diet starts monday.

ofcoursethinks

New

Postby ofcoursethinks » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:24 pm

I'm still trying to understand that RC...is this what they were talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_fable

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180

Postby tuna_wasabi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:25 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:Anyone else feels a bit empty after the test?

Planning to rest for a week before studying for the GRE, but no hurt in starting it a bit earlier :D Side note: I feel like my English improved a lot over the course of LSAT prep, which is kinda amazing in and of itself. Still nowhere near native-speaker level in proficiency, but it's slowly getting there

I have heard of postpartum-esque depression after the LSAT is over, due to the amount of time some people devote to studying, and now that it is over people feel like they lack a particular sense of purpose in their lives. To combat this, I would continue studying LSAT materials during your time off to ease your mind, additionally, if you didn't do as well as you thought and want to retake, it wouldn't had been a wasted 3 weeks.

Haha I'll chill a bit before hitting LSAT again. Mostly because I only have 10 PTs left.

I am preparing to take community college classes to be able to enroll in a local Masters in Computer Science

and

Not a second choice per se. Econ grad program--I'm pretty sure I could get into a good one with full funding, so overall this one is the more financially responsible option and is more aligned to what I'm doing now.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:25 pm

[+] Spoiler

Almost caused me to be late yesterday. Hope everyone was ok.
Last edited by Platopus on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:27 pm

lynn.wibi wrote::D Side note: I feel like my English improved a lot over the course of LSAT prep, which is kinda amazing in and of itself. Still nowhere near native-speaker level in proficiency, but it's slowly getting there

I live with 2 non-native speakers and your English is very good! Especially for some of the crap the LSAT throws at us!

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Platopus wrote:Anyone else just sitting around trying to figure out what to do with like 3 extra hours of free time now? I'm giving myself to the end of the week, but I seriously put on like 20lbs because of this test.... Diet starts monday.

Summer soccer starts in 1 hour... I actually had to remind myself that I needed to buy stuff to cook for dinner tomorrow because I'm so used to Chipotle Wednesdays with class the last 3 months... Not sure what to do with myself...

Amerision

Bronze

Postby Amerision » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Platopus wrote:Anyone else just sitting around trying to figure out what to do with like 3 extra hours of free time now? I'm giving myself to the end of the week, but I seriously put on like 20lbs because of this test.... Diet starts monday.

Yeah, I have no idea what I used to do with all this extra time. Back to League and Civ I guess.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Guys the point is to be self effacing to make a connection

I'll give the world 30 minutes of Platopus, but definitely not my LSAT ticket. I look like a degenerate on my LSAT ticket. How about car ride home today (stopped at a light, but yes I know, shame on me).
[+] Spoiler
Too late

Please don't quote, :lol:

edit: best I'm gonna do, live with it for the next hour folks.
Last edited by Platopus on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Platopus wrote:

none of your image links the last two posts have worked...

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:33 pm

Amerision wrote:

Yeah, I have no idea what I used to do with all this extra time. Back to League and Civ I guess.

Just got into that OJ show w/ Cuba Gooding Jr. What the hell happened to Travolta? Jesus...

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:35 pm

vtdelt wrote:
Platopus wrote:

none of your image links the last two posts have worked...

Weird... I'm not very good with this computer thing

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:42 pm

and

I played one year of D2 Football, so naturally my plan B is to start juicing and try to play tight end for the Texans.

Law school is what I've wanted to do since I was 12 years old, and 100% of my work experience is legal related, so I don't have a firm back up plan. I do a lot of work with Battleground Texas and have a political science undergrad, so I guess plan B is to move to D.C and start working on the Hill for no monies, although I greatly prefer law to politics. I do plan to use my extra free time binge watching West Wing to get me through the next few weeks.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:47 pm

and

Don't really have any.

I would probably go to grad school tbh. Even worse job prospects than law haha

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Platopus wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote::D Side note: I feel like my English improved a lot over the course of LSAT prep, which is kinda amazing in and of itself. Still nowhere near native-speaker level in proficiency, but it's slowly getting there

I live with 2 non-native speakers and your English is very good! Especially for some of the crap the LSAT throws at us!

In terms of reading I'm okay, but speaking needs some work (either that or the test takers in my center are just particularly eloquent). Before studying for the LSAT, I had no idea what spleen means and nooo idea that toll and highways are different.

vtdelt wrote:

Summer soccer starts in 1 hour... I actually had to remind myself that I needed to buy stuff to cook for dinner tomorrow because I'm so used to Chipotle Wednesdays with class the last 3 months... Not sure what to do with myself...

I limited my fried chicken intake these 2 months and am now back to Popeye's. HOME SWEET HOME.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:20 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
Platopus wrote:

In terms of reading I'm okay, but speaking needs some work (either that or the test takers in my center are just particularly eloquent). Before studying for the LSAT, I had no idea what spleen means and nooo idea that toll and highways are different.

I moved to the US when I was 4 and learned English then, and I still don't speak English at home with my family, and I never would have guessed that it's your second language. I speak English much better than my native language at this point, but I'm usually pretty good at spotting a fellow foreigner lol.

Also wanted to add that there were definitely a couple times during studying when i had to look up the definition of a word on the LSAT haha, it can be pretty tough sometimes.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:37 pm

heyduchess wrote:

I'm Non-Trad as well. If my schedule was just a job and studying, it'd be one thing. But it's not. I had to pace myself for 7 months to fit it all in. And that's without having a life outside of volunteer work.

I started studying in November and intended to take in Feb but was not ready. I think I was barely breaking 160 at the time the registration deadline had ended. My PT average going into yesterday was a 168 and I think that's what I got. +/-1 need a 170+ but I also wanted to get a test under my belt so I knew how it would feel for September when I really need it.

I had never taken more than a 4 section test before yesterday.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:24 pm

S/O to MBC for the new thread title. love it.

Also heard this was a PW thread now?

Me at the natty
[+] Spoiler
rip.jpg
Last edited by Future Ex-Engineer on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?