June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
7
5%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 140

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby amta » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 pm

what a lame PW, mbc.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 pm

dm1683 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Fine I'll start
[+] Spoiler
[img]magical%20illusion[/img]

You look like the kind of guy who shouldn't be as buff as you are. The face doesn't go well with muscles.



That's bc it's a trick and I'm not actually that buff


Former d1 athlete with a heavy emphasis on "former"


(Don't pic quote cuz I'm taking it down soonish)
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 pm

amta wrote:what a lame PW, mbc.



I established a criteria and then followed through.


That's all there is













(Only selfie I have on my phone actually)

User avatar
Typing Puppy

Silver
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Typing Puppy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Fine I'll start

attractive

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Typing Puppy wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Fine I'll start

attractive

Ty ty

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Ok sorry. Good job on the illusion.
Last edited by dm1683 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:11 pm

I led, will other follow



That was my admission ticket photo, if you're lurking, LSAC

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby amta » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Typing Puppy wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Fine I'll start

attractive


ewww. gross.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:19 pm

I think I'll pass, had a couple comments edited for getting a bit too specific on test discussion so I don't want this account linked to my LSAC account in any way.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I think I'll pass, had a couple comments edited for getting a bit too specific on test discussion so I don't want this account linked to my LSAC account in any way.


Ooo... that's a great point... Although do you think they'd save the photo and run facial recognition?

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:32 pm

They won't care

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:38 pm

TTTT Undergrad confirmed:
Image

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:...


You need to post it as a URL I think

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:...


You need to post it as a URL I think

Need the link that ends in .jpg/.png etc

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:...


You need to post it as a URL I think

Need the link that ends in .jpg/.png etc

Fixed
Image

Dybbuk

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Dybbuk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:06 pm

I'm afraid I'm going to end up in the upper 160s. I thought the LGs were super easy, and I was confident in all my LR answers besides the heavy isotopes question, but RC was my first section and I went way too slowly and had to guess at the last 3 questions. I felt good about the other passages, but I was running out of time and had to rush the last one. So I'm worried I could be looking at -4 or -5 there easily, then having a super small margin for error on the other 3 sections if the consensus is right and -10 or so will be 170. I felt much more confident yesterday. I'm afraid I'm going to end up talking myself into believing I got a 150 by time scores are released.

User avatar
tuna_wasabi

Bronze
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby tuna_wasabi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Anyone else feels a bit empty after the test?

Planning to rest for a week before studying for the GRE, but no hurt in starting it a bit earlier :D Side note: I feel like my English improved a lot over the course of LSAT prep, which is kinda amazing in and of itself. Still nowhere near native-speaker level in proficiency, but it's slowly getting there

Buckeye Gus

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Buckeye Gus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Not sure how to feel. I've been out of school for a few years and I'm working full time, and I didn't buckle down with the studying as much as I wanted to.

Might as well make myself comfortable in here. Are most people in here students or old timers like me?

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180

Postby LesPaul1995 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:43 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:Anyone else feels a bit empty after the test?

Planning to rest for a week before studying for the GRE, but no hurt in starting it a bit earlier :D Side note: I feel like my English improved a lot over the course of LSAT prep, which is kinda amazing in and of itself. Still nowhere near native-speaker level in proficiency, but it's slowly getting there


I have heard of postpartum-esque depression after the LSAT is over, due to the amount of time some people devote to studying, and now that it is over people feel like they lack a particular sense of purpose in their lives. To combat this, I would continue studying LSAT materials during your time off to ease your mind, additionally, if you didn't do as well as you thought and want to retake, it wouldn't had been a wasted 3 weeks.

User avatar
calmike

Bronze
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby calmike » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:44 pm

What are you career backup plans if you don't go to law school?

I am preparing to take community college classes to be able to enroll in a local Masters in Computer Science

and

I am going to take the Foreign Service Officer Exam

User avatar
heyduchess

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby heyduchess » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Buckeye Gus wrote:Not sure how to feel. I've been out of school for a few years and I'm working full time, and I didn't buckle down with the studying as much as I wanted to.

Might as well make myself comfortable in here. Are most people in here students or old timers like me?


I'm Non-Trad as well. If my schedule was just a job and studying, it'd be one thing. But it's not. I had to pace myself for 7 months to fit it all in. And that's without having a life outside of volunteer work.

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby LesPaul1995 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Did anyone else completely not diagram during LR? I felt like their was a lax of conditional logic and it was as if I could not consciously track things like quantifying/conclusion indicators as I usually did on prep tests, unless it was just adrenaline and I didn't consciously realize it.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:49 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Buckeye Gus wrote:Not sure how to feel. I've been out of school for a few years and I'm working full time, and I didn't buckle down with the studying as much as I wanted to.

Might as well make myself comfortable in here. Are most people in here students or old timers like me?


I'm Non-Trad as well. If my schedule was just a job and studying, it'd be one thing. But it's not. I had to pace myself for 7 months to fit it all in. And that's without having a life outside of volunteer work.


I don't know if I could have done this for 7 months straight. I'm non trad and it was tough for the 3-4 months I was doing this. I guess we'll see, may be doing this all the way til December...

Dybbuk

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Dybbuk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:51 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:Did anyone else completely not diagram during LR? I felt like their was a lax of conditional logic and it was as if I could not consciously track things like quantifying/conclusion indicators as I usually did on prep tests, unless it was just adrenaline and I didn't consciously realize it.


I did. But I also felt like the questions that normally take to diagramming the most, like parallel reasoning, were easier than in many PTs I've done, so I could see a lot of people being able to do them in their heads.

User avatar
calmike

Bronze
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby calmike » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Buckeye Gus wrote:Not sure how to feel. I've been out of school for a few years and I'm working full time, and I didn't buckle down with the studying as much as I wanted to.

Might as well make myself comfortable in here. Are most people in here students or old timers like me?



I am an old timer. Ive been out of school for 5 years now.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests