June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby DorkothyParker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:55 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
DorkothyParker wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:
coskigirl wrote:Fuck me. Why lsac, why?

We would be the first June group ever to have to wait past 7/4...

I was just peeping the historical release dates. This is absurd! Is there a chance for a 7/4 release then?

Do we know the historical projections? Are the results usually released early and by how much?

http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153 ... -2004-2016

There were some crazy early ones, but 2-4 days is typical. There is a July 3 release with a June 16th score date! So, very stressful.

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:01 pm

StetsonU wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:I came home and my dog had pooped and peed everywhere. He hasn't had an accident in months. I'm having to shampoo my carpet now.

WHY TODAY

He knew you needed something to do today :P

Right??? I am so mad at him :(
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NavyNuke

Bronze

Postby NavyNuke » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NavyNuke

Bronze

Postby NavyNuke » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pupper

New

Postby pupper » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:51 pm

pupper wrote:Giving up for today:

http://oi63.tinypic.com/8yz58i.jpg

Hahahah, I died. That's hilarious.

Do you have a pupper, pupper? :)
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:35 pm

When the Bachelorette is on re-run tonight ): Today was not a good day.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Anyone have experience with Manhattan Prep? I've tried Powerscore and really hate their methods, while I loved 7sage and the Trainer. I'm pulled towards Manhattan for a possible retake because I've heard it is geared more towards high scorers and one of the Authors is Mike Kim who wrote the Trainer.

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Anyone have experience with Manhattan Prep? I've tried Powerscore and really hate their methods, while I loved 7sage and the Trainer. I'm pulled towards Manhattan for a possible retake because I've heard it is geared more towards high scorers and one of the Authors is Mike Kim who wrote the Trainer.

I didn't like it as much. Strong recommend for the Fox LSAT books though. Less "one simple trick that LSAC hates!!!" than most books--the author doesn't over-strategize.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:57 pm

rowdy wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Anyone have experience with Manhattan Prep? I've tried Powerscore and really hate their methods, while I loved 7sage and the Trainer. I'm pulled towards Manhattan for a possible retake because I've heard it is geared more towards high scorers and one of the Authors is Mike Kim who wrote the Trainer.

I didn't like it as much. Strong recommend for the Fox LSAT books though. Less "one simple trick that LSAC hates!!!" than most books--the author doesn't over-strategize.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I'm mainly looking for RC and LR books, LG I should be fine with drilling and 7sage free videos.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Manhattan is the book for mastering LR

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:08 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
rowdy wrote:

Thanks, I'll check that out. I'm mainly looking for RC and LR books, LG I should be fine with drilling and 7sage free videos.

The Fox LSAT Logical Reasoning Encyclopedia is your ticket -- got me to an average of -0 or -1 per test on LR. It also improved my RC as a side effect FWIW.

pupper

New

Postby pupper » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:52 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
pupper wrote:Giving up for today:

http://oi63.tinypic.com/8yz58i.jpg

Hahahah, I died. That's hilarious.

Do you have a pupper, pupper? :)

Haha, thanks!

I actually do have a lil' pupper! He's a toy poodle and is basically all that's keeping me sane in these uncertain times. (Other than making GIFs, I guess...) :P

Amerision

Bronze

Postby Amerision » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:53 pm

Out of curiosity, why is the % for July 4 so slow? We've technically in uncharted territory where no test has ever been released after July 4, so shouldn't Tuesday have a higher chance than listed? Also, it doesn't seem to matter if LSAC employees are in the office, so that shouldn't be a reason why the release chance is so low tomorrow. I know they've released on Jan 1st before, which I'm not sure LSAC considers a holiday but could be a sign that July 4 needs to be a higher chance.

Lol who am I kidding though, it's coming out Wednesday or even later.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Amerision wrote:Out of curiosity, why is the % for July 4 so slow? We've technically in uncharted territory where no test has ever been released after July 4, so shouldn't Tuesday have a higher chance than listed? Also, it doesn't seem to matter if LSAC employees are in the office, so that shouldn't be a reason why the release chance is so low tomorrow. I know they've released on Jan 1st before, which I'm not sure LSAC considers a holiday but could be a sign that July 4 needs to be a higher chance.

My hopelessly optimistic side wants to believe that the reason scores are coming out later is because they needed to remove one or two super tough LR/RC questions from scoring...

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:39 pm

7 p.m. on July 6th. Latest grey day (not counting the year it was a day late), they're going for a record.

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:57 pm

pupper wrote:Haha, thanks!

I actually do have a lil' pupper! He's a toy poodle and is basically all that's keeping me sane in these uncertain times. (Other than making GIFs, I guess...) :P

Aw, poodles are cute! The grooming needs are a lot, though, aren't they?
I saw a toy poodle at the dog park once, it played with my big ol' American Bulldog mix like they were the same size :lol: I like how fluffy and soft they are.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:11 pm

dm1683 wrote:
Amerision wrote:Out of curiosity, why is the % for July 4 so slow? We've technically in uncharted territory where no test has ever been released after July 4, so shouldn't Tuesday have a higher chance than listed? Also, it doesn't seem to matter if LSAC employees are in the office, so that shouldn't be a reason why the release chance is so low tomorrow. I know they've released on Jan 1st before, which I'm not sure LSAC considers a holiday but could be a sign that July 4 needs to be a higher chance.

My hopelessly optimistic side wants to believe that the reason scores are coming out later is because they needed to remove one or two super tough LR/RC questions from scoring...

This has crossed my mind a time or two. I'm hoping a couple of the RC questions broke their scale.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 pm

rowdy wrote:
dm1683 wrote:My hopelessly optimistic side wants to believe that the reason scores are coming out later is because they needed to remove one or two super tough LR/RC questions from scoring...

This has crossed my mind a time or two. I'm hoping a couple of the RC questions broke their scale.

Does anyone know the protocol on removing questions from scoring? You think if like 90% of test takers miss it they remove it?

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:32 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
rowdy wrote:
dm1683 wrote:My hopelessly optimistic side wants to believe that the reason scores are coming out later is because they needed to remove one or two super tough LR/RC questions from scoring...

Does anyone know the protocol on removing questions from scoring? You think if like 90% of test takers miss it they remove it?

If 90% of test takers missed it, it might be the question that divided the 170+ scores from the rest.

If 99.9% of test takers missed it, it might be question that divided the 179's from the 180's.

I bet a lot of people have to miss it for it to throw off their scale.

pupper

New

Postby pupper » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:Aw, poodles are cute! The grooming needs are a lot, though, aren't they?
I saw a toy poodle at the dog park once, it played with my big ol' American Bulldog mix like they were the same size :lol: I like how fluffy and soft they are.

The grooming isn't too bad if you just keep the fur clipped short rather than trying to cut it in a fancy way.

Toy poodles acting bigger than they are must be a characteristic of the breed. Mine behaves the exact same way, coincidentally, with my cousin's two American bulldogs. I love that breed as well, by the way. They're so noble and friendly! My cousin's bulldogs try to act like giant lapdogs despite weighing like 80lbs. :lol:

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:43 pm

rowdy wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
rowdy wrote:

If 90% of test takers missed it, it might be the question that divided the 170+ scores from the rest.

If 99.9% of test takers missed it, it might be question that divided the 179's from the 180's.

My understanding is that they know the frequency for each answer choice for each question. So, I would guess unless there is a significant deviation, a question isn't getting dropped. However, if they predict 80% of takers will pick C, but only 2% do, and 98% pick E, then that might be a consideration.

olemiss18

New

Postby olemiss18 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:52 pm

Platopus wrote:
rowdy wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
rowdy wrote:

My understanding is that they know the frequency for each answer choice for each question. So, I would guess unless there is a significant deviation, a question isn't getting dropped. However, if they predict 80% of takers will pick C, but only 2% do, and 98% pick E, then that might be a consideration.

My LSAT course instructor broke it down for us once. He said that out of like several thousand questions given on the LSAT since the early 90s, only a range of 2-4 questions per section have ever been tossed out. It's just not going to happen.

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Platopus wrote:
rowdy wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
rowdy wrote:

That would make sense. I've only seen maybe one or two redacted questions in practice tests, so they clearly don't eliminate questions from scoring very often. It's just wishful thinking on la dia de verde...

SNEAK EDIT: Scooped by Olemiss18

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 pm

pupper wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:Aw, poodles are cute! The grooming needs are a lot, though, aren't they?

The grooming isn't too bad if you just keep the fur clipped short rather than trying to cut it in a fancy way.

Toy poodles acting bigger than they are must be a characteristic of the breed. Mine behaves the exact same way, coincidentally, with my cousin's two American bulldogs. I love that breed as well, by the way. They're so noble and friendly! My cousin's bulldogs try to act like giant lapdogs despite weighing like 80lbs. :lol:

Do you do it yourself?? Groomers are expensive. I took our dogs to get bathed at a groomer once and it cost SO much. :?

Little dogs acting like they're big is cute, though. As long as they don't do it to the wrong dog!

Yeah, my boy is very sweet and friendly. He's also a total lap dog but he's mixed with some kind of Hound so he's just a little bit over 60 lbs.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?