June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
7
5%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 140

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
principalagent wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Added the September test to my cart, they save your spot before you check out for 24 hours.


Great idea - thanks!

Probably not necessary, all test centers close to me aren't giving the "almost full" notice but my center for June was great and I'd gladly drive the hour to test there again.


Good idea. Sadly all the centers I can metro to up here for Sept have been full prior to the June test itself... I have the one by my parents on reserve if I really did bomb and need to take in Sept... :|
Last edited by Experiment626 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Added the September test to my cart, they save your spot before you check out for 24 hours.


Wow, I am so glad you said this, I just did this too. Fingers crossed I don't need to retake in September :oops:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rowdy

Bronze
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:53 pm

*
Last edited by rowdy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
heyduchess

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:55 pm

rowdy wrote:Currently reserving for September at the test center closest to my honeymoon location.

Don't tell my future spouse.


I reserved mine in the same city as a music festival I wanted to go to because it was the closest available. If that's not the cruelest joke the universe could play on me (also my bday weekend, I should add), idk what is.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Added the September test to my cart, they save your spot before you check out for 24 hours.


Wow, I am so glad you said this, I just did this too. Fingers crossed I don't need to retake in September :oops:

If I get 168 or below I'm 100% retaking, 170+ 90% not but if I get a 169 I'm about 50/50. This lets me sleep on it, which I probably will need because I'm convinced I got a 169.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:57 pm

Refresh LSAC, Refresh TLS, Refresh /r/LSAT, Refresh Email, Repeat.

carsondalywashere

Silver
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby carsondalywashere » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Added the September test to my cart, they save your spot before you check out for 24 hours.


Wow, I am so glad you said this, I just did this too. Fingers crossed I don't need to retake in September :oops:

If I get 168 or below I'm 100% retaking, 170+ 90% not but if I get a 169 I'm about 50/50. This lets me sleep on it, which I probably will need because I'm convinced I got a 169.

169 is what I scored the first time. It's not a fun score to have

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Refresh LSAC, Refresh TLS, Refresh /r/LSAT, Refresh Email, Repeat.


^^^^^^^^

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Walliums » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Trying to not compulsively refresh LSAC

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:01 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Added the September test to my cart, they save your spot before you check out for 24 hours.


Wow, I am so glad you said this, I just did this too. Fingers crossed I don't need to retake in September :oops:

If I get 168 or below I'm 100% retaking, 170+ 90% not but if I get a 169 I'm about 50/50. This lets me sleep on it, which I probably will need because I'm convinced I got a 169.

169 is what I scored the first time. It's not a fun score to have

Its an evil score. Below that just feels really low to me, but it isn't high enough to feel like an accomplishment like a 170+ score. Plus it gives me no shot at HYS while it does get me some decent $$ at Duke/Cornell.

rowdy

Bronze
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Added the September test to my cart, they save your spot before you check out for 24 hours.


Wow, I am so glad you said this, I just did this too. Fingers crossed I don't need to retake in September :oops:

If I get 168 or below I'm 100% retaking, 170+ 90% not but if I get a 169 I'm about 50/50. This lets me sleep on it, which I probably will need because I'm convinced I got a 169.

169 is what I scored the first time. It's not a fun score to have

Its an evil score. Below that just feels really low to me, but it isn't high enough to feel like an accomplishment like a 170+ score. Plus it gives me no shot at HYS while it does get me some decent $$ at Duke/Cornell.


It's a pretty NICE score though

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:03 pm

rowdy wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Added the September test to my cart, they save your spot before you check out for 24 hours.


Wow, I am so glad you said this, I just did this too. Fingers crossed I don't need to retake in September :oops:

If I get 168 or below I'm 100% retaking, 170+ 90% not but if I get a 169 I'm about 50/50. This lets me sleep on it, which I probably will need because I'm convinced I got a 169.

169 is what I scored the first time. It's not a fun score to have

Its an evil score. Below that just feels really low to me, but it isn't high enough to feel like an accomplishment like a 170+ score. Plus it gives me no shot at HYS while it does get me some decent $$ at Duke/Cornell.


It's a pretty NICE score though



Yea, I would be ok with a 169 since Gtown is my top school, and that should get me in, with being restricted to DC... But if I wasn't restricted and was gunning for beyond Gtown I definitely understand where you're coming from.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:05 pm

rowdy wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Added the September test to my cart, they save your spot before you check out for 24 hours.


Wow, I am so glad you said this, I just did this too. Fingers crossed I don't need to retake in September :oops:

If I get 168 or below I'm 100% retaking, 170+ 90% not but if I get a 169 I'm about 50/50. This lets me sleep on it, which I probably will need because I'm convinced I got a 169.

169 is what I scored the first time. It's not a fun score to have

Its an evil score. Below that just feels really low to me, but it isn't high enough to feel like an accomplishment like a 170+ score. Plus it gives me no shot at HYS while it does get me some decent $$ at Duke/Cornell.


It's a pretty NICE score though

Nice is probably the best way to describe it. It would still result in some pretty great outcomes for me, but not the incredible lower T13 $$$ or T6 acceptances that a 170+ would give.

User avatar
MediocreAtBest

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:06 pm

rowdy wrote:
It's a pretty NICE score though


If I score a 175 I'm retaking until i get a 169 8)

rowdy

Bronze
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:07 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
rowdy wrote:
It's a pretty NICE score though


If I score a 175 I'm retaking until i get a 169 8)


Nice nice nice

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby principalagent » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:09 pm

When I flew out of the airport the other day, the TSA agent wrote 169 on my boarding pass.

If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.
Last edited by principalagent on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
InterLaw

Bronze
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby InterLaw » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:09 pm

When you refresh your e-mail on possible grey day, a new message shows up starting its object with LSAC June 2017 but it's just barry, again:

http://gph.is/1kc5PI8

User avatar
MediocreAtBest

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:12 pm

With my luck I'll be the person who gets their score 12 hours after we go grey

User avatar
it's allgood

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby it's allgood » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:12 pm

heyduchess wrote:
InterLaw wrote:Totally random question: what LSAT do you think Tiffany Trump had? I just discovered she'll go to GULC, which is one of my top choices too... I guess 165/166!

(trying not to think about score release)


She instagrammed a pic of her studying setup close to the September date last year and her Section 1 of a PT was visible. There were at least a dozen red X's... So 165/66 seems high? Is it weird I know this?


I only found this because of the intel from heyduchess:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJoP153AgfQ/?taken-by=tiffanytrump&hl=en

User avatar
heyduchess

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:14 pm

it's allgood wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
InterLaw wrote:Totally random question: what LSAT do you think Tiffany Trump had? I just discovered she'll go to GULC, which is one of my top choices too... I guess 165/166!

(trying not to think about score release)


She instagrammed a pic of her studying setup close to the September date last year and her Section 1 of a PT was visible. There were at least a dozen red X's... So 165/66 seems high? Is it weird I know this?


I only found this because of the intel from heyduchess:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJoP153AgfQ/?taken-by=tiffanytrump&hl=en


Apologies... It was about a dozen Blue Slashes. Not Red X's.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:14 pm

it's allgood wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
InterLaw wrote:Totally random question: what LSAT do you think Tiffany Trump had? I just discovered she'll go to GULC, which is one of my top choices too... I guess 165/166!

(trying not to think about score release)


She instagrammed a pic of her studying setup close to the September date last year and her Section 1 of a PT was visible. There were at least a dozen red X's... So 165/66 seems high? Is it weird I know this?


I only found this because of the intel from heyduchess:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJoP153AgfQ/?taken-by=tiffanytrump&hl=en


Yea, although looking at PT admittance ranges for GTown their 25% was 157. Not sure how much that varies from the FT spread but from my understanding you have to get admitted to the school first before you can choose to go PT.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby principalagent » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:14 pm

edit: accidental post
Last edited by principalagent on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:With my luck I'll be the person who gets their score 12 hours after we go grey

If anyone is late it will probably be me due to my certifying statement kovfefe.

User avatar
DorkothyParker

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby DorkothyParker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 pm

My heart rate is over 80 BPM. At least this is a great way to become accustomed to feeling stressed 24/7.

User avatar
InterLaw

Bronze
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby InterLaw » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:16 pm

principalagent wrote:When I flying out of the airport the other day, the TSA agent wrote 169 on my boarding pass.

If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.


I took lsat in Italy. On the same day I was visiting Rome and I passed through a group of guys trying to stop everyone to sign their petition. A girl saw me and said: "Oh, here's the lawyer!" (it's a thing you could say in Italy, it's a title to call someone you want to make feel important - maybe in english could be "Here's the esquire!").
It was maybe because I was more or less well dressed, with a fancy bag or whatever.

I just avoided her with a smile and I went on. Ten meters ahead I was like "wait, THAT WAS A F@#!ING SIGN AND I JUST TURNED IT OFF!?!?"



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests