June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
5%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 140

Experiment626

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:08 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.

AWW THAT IS SO CUTE!! (about the couple, not the weird dude with gloves).

Glove guy wasn't bad looking either, I forgot to mention that.

I'm not sure which one weirds me out more, the gloves or the full suit and tie...

The cute couple, not going to last when they don't get into Harvard together... I'm also slightly bitter and jaded about couples and happy endings. Made the decision on LSAT/Law School/Further Ensuring self sufficiency because I'm tired of getting the "Anyone would be lucky to be with you but..." line... Fuck that, after 16 years of dating I've resigned myself to the fate that it's going to be just me and law school is a good way to pass the time, not be that stereotype at the bar all the time, and building on my career thus far to ensure that I have a solid chance of employment no matter what. Guess I'm having a reverse Elle Woods theme, law school because I don't have a guy versus to try and get back a guy...

I went to my undergrad to be with my high school giflfriend. She transferred after two years to stay with me. My choice of law school is going to be determined entirely by local liquor prices and the quantify of bitter people to bond with.

DC has a lot of bitter, ok liquor prices from the store (especially costco), but no T14. Just Georgetown at 15... Although works for me since they're #1 part time and I'm going to do this shit part time.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:09 am

Last edited by Jack_Kelly on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:13 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.

AWW THAT IS SO CUTE!! (about the couple, not the weird dude with gloves).

Glove guy wasn't bad looking either, I forgot to mention that.

I'm not sure which one weirds me out more, the gloves or the full suit and tie...

The cute couple, not going to last when they don't get into Harvard together... I'm also slightly bitter and jaded about couples and happy endings. Made the decision on LSAT/Law School/Further Ensuring self sufficiency because I'm tired of getting the "Anyone would be lucky to be with you but..." line... Fuck that, after 16 years of dating I've resigned myself to the fate that it's going to be just me and law school is a good way to pass the time, not be that stereotype at the bar all the time, and building on my career thus far to ensure that I have a solid chance of employment no matter what. Guess I'm having a reverse Elle Woods theme, law school because I don't have a guy versus to try and get back a guy...

I went to my undergrad to be with my high school giflfriend. She transferred after two years to stay with me. My choice of law school is going to be determined entirely by local liquor prices and the quantify of bitter people to bond with.

DC has a lot of bitter, ok liquor prices from the store (especially costco), but no T14. Just Georgetown at 15... Although works for me since they're #1 part time and I'm going to do this shit part time.

Don't know if I could stand the rent and/or the proximity to the hell on Earth that is Charlottesville

(Edit: If I break 170, I didn't mean it, UVA)

Soooo based on Cville statement either a bitter undergrad, VPI, or the ugly western state school?

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:14 am

Last edited by Jack_Kelly on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:16 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:Soooo based on Cville statement either a bitter undergrad, VPI, or the ugly western state school?

Bitter (former) undergrad, yeah :lol: So therefore by far my best chance at a T13, so good chance I will in fact be returning there if I get a good score.

Lol. A Dillard there is my #1 outcome (barring Yale). Loved the feel of grounds at UVA. Felt very similar to my undergrad college town

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:18 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:Soooo based on Cville statement either a bitter undergrad, VPI, or the ugly western state school?

Bitter (former) undergrad, yeah :lol: So therefore by far my best chance at a T13, so good chance I will in fact be returning there if I get a good score.

May well bomb the LSAT and wind up just going to the tier 2 to which I am currently (pre finding TSL) deposited though.

Probably worth dealing with. Friend who went there but apparently doesn't practice gave me a lecture about how graduating from there still gives her opportunities others don't get...

Edit: You in for sure on the fall 17 cycle or if you get a good score delaying?

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:19 am

Last edited by Jack_Kelly on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:21 am

vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:

May well bomb the LSAT and wind up just going to the tier 2 to which I am currently (pre finding TSL) deposited though.

Probably worth dealing with. Friend who went there but apparently doesn't practice gave me a lecture about how graduating from there still gives her opportunities others don't get...

Delaying more likely than not tbh. My life kinda fell apart immediately after registering for the LSAT and I took it following 3 week binder with 0 studying (and I mean 0) and while sick. I got a 160, and 4 of my last 5 PTs were above 170 (though the last one, notably, wasn't.) Only way I don't delay is if I really bomb or get money off of W&L or W&M's waitlist with like a 165.

Edit: bender, not fucking binder
Last edited by Jack_Kelly on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:

Delaying more likely than not tbh. My life kinda fell apart immediately after registering for the LSAT and I took it following 3 week binder with 0 studying (and I mean 0) and while sick. I got a 160, and 4 of my last 5 PTs were above 170 (though the last one, notably, wasn't.) Only way I don't delay is if I really bomb or get money off of W&L or W&M's waitlist with like a 165.

Obligatory delay, retake... At least if your life plans can handle it.

Me, I just don't want to be 41 when I graduate so Fall 18 cycle or bust...

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:27 am

vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:

Yeah, I mean I think I have this forum to thank for taking the June LSAT tbh. I will be pretty depressed if I didn't break 168 at least, and 172 would be nice. I live 40 minutes from the nearest stoplight, so not like I'm gathering great work experience in a year off, but yeah, probably stupid to go with a 160 LSAT when I can break 170 regularly. My stupidity stuns even myself at times though, so we'll see.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:31 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:

Yeah, I mean I think I have this forum to thank for taking the June LSAT tbh. I will be pretty depressed if I didn't break 168 at least, and 172 would be nice. I live 40 minutes from the nearest stoplight, so not like I'm gathering great work experience in a year off, but yeah, probably stupid to go with a 160 LSAT when I can break 170 regularly. My stupidity stuns even myself at times though, so we'll see.

Yea, you have plenty of time if your goal is T14 and Big Law... I'm not on the Big Law path cuz 1. good job already this is just backup planning 2. If job is lost (Fed Agency targeted by Rs/T) don't think Big Law would want a 40+ y/o 1st year associate 3. Between my current experience and having a JD I could make good money and not work Big Law entry hours with just being a compliance consultant who's an attorney so my advice wouldn't have to be vetted by an attorney for "crossing Ts and dotting Is"

Edit: When talking to admissions at GW it seems they liked to see people take some time between UG and LS to make sure it was what they really want. Can't assume for everyone, especially since GW isn't T14, but the point is if you're only a year out you definitely have time even if the job isn't helping with your softs.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:33 am

vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:

Yea, you have plenty of time if your goal is T14 and Big Law... I'm not on the Big Law path cuz 1. good job already this is just backup planning 2. If job is lost (Fed Agency targeted by Rs/T) don't think Big Law would want a 40+ y/o 1st year associate 3. Between my current experience and having a JD I could make good money and not work Big Law entry hours with just being a compliance consultant who's an attorney so my advice wouldn't have to be vetted by an attorney for "crossing Ts and dotting Is"

PI is the goal, but my social skills are such I probably need T13/14 for that also :lol:

Washington and Lee is actually quite a good fit for my goals except in that not living in Lexington and not going to a school that takes pride in southern traditions are also among my bigger goals.

AnthonyCo

New

Postby AnthonyCo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:51 am

This was from the other thread, this is serious everyone I'm actually focusing on self-confirming bias posts that say keeping my score would be better. Please advice.

vtdelt wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
AnthonyCo wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
AnthonyCo wrote:Hello,

I started "studying" two weeks ago. I took my first timed practice test and got a very low score of 150. I have 1 hour and 15 minutes left to withdraw... Should I?

Is this for real? If your goal is T14, yes.

Yea.. is for real.. also I accidentally skipped a question and in the middle of the first section I had to redo everything... But I think I'll just take the L.. deal with the low score... I think this will be particularly lower than my practice test, there were a lot of readind stuff I couldn't understand..

Also I only answere 6 of the LG, I guessed B on the rest.

Keep in touch everyone let me know if y'all need a paralegal :( :( :( :cry:

Your cancel will look much better than any score you could possibly get while guessing on an entire section.

+180.

I still think we're being trolled but if this is for real and your goal is T14 CANCEL and retake after you hit a PT average around or above the 75% of your #1 school depending on your GPA and time out of school.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:48 am

Good morning waiters

New poll

Wow what a diligent and attentive op

InterLaw

Bronze

Postby InterLaw » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:51 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Hello everyone!

Welcome to your June 2017 Waiters Thread!

I'm your host, Mint Berry Crunch!

We have an action packed month of waiting, shitpoasting, baseless speculation, and alcoholism planned for you!

RC: jazz, inference of thought, dowsing, independent judicial research
LR1: the 26 q one is real
LG: amusement park rides,obstacles, magazines with rural or urban, people going to Asia
LR2: heavy metal isotopes, orangutans, chlorophyll, (and lots of one specific AC).

Okay guys, here is the thing. I didn't do your test.

Now I am kinda confused, angry, scared and a lot of other things, but I am sure I didn't do your test.

First things first, I did it in Rome. And I just ended. It was June 13 for us. I actually though how could that be that no one tried to take favor about this situation: we start the test like 6-8 hours after you do that. But after I found some stories of people arrested and spending one yar in jail while trying to sneak out the test, I realized it was actually almost impossible to do it. Moreover, there are just 40ish people a year who take the lsat in Italy, so I was just sure that we would have been not more that 10. We were 6 finally, and with 3 proctors inside. I mean, I was absolutely sure that the lsac took every prevention to avoid it. Then I took my test, and I was kinda occupied with that, so I left the matter "same test 6 days later = someone will for sure try to copy it" aside for 5 hours.

Second very very important and disappointing fact: in Europe, you don't have your test disclosed, never. Not the test, not your answers, not the correction. They just send you your score and you gotta be ok with that. I knew this before the test, and it was very disappointing.

Back to what happened, I left the primary catholic nun-managed school where I took the test and I got home 30 minutes ago. Clearly, first thing I checked in here. Well, here's the fact:

1) I got 3x LR sections, but they all had 25 qs. I am absolutely sure about it.
2) There was a question about heavy metals and pollution, but the word "isotope" never occurred.
3) the first RC was in part about jazz as a topic of a work of literature. The last one was law topic but concerned with the essential legal significance of ownership. No downsig, no inference of thought. Some Einstein and quantum mechanics, another one on credit institution in development countries.
4) I had just 1 LG and there was no asia, no magazines, no obstacles, no park ride. I still managed to tilt during the last LG and I f@#king guessed 3 qs, which makes me mad.

Now, I read that we lost a comrade who wasn't admitted and I don't want to compare my situation with that one. Still, I am pretty sure that after him, I am the more justified in being angry now.

I completed a test which I won't see anymore, I won't see what I answered right and what wrong, I won't see how is it scaled, I won't know which section was experimental.

The uncomfortable situation of ignorance we all are proving now will be exacerbated for me when the scores will come out, unless it is a very high score, which is now out of discussion thanks to the LG guessing.

I go out visiting Rome and eating because the more I think about it the more I feel frustrated. Hopefully the view of colosseum will remind me that there is something bigger in the world than this likable and enjoyable test.

I leave with a question though. The score is scaled considering the percentiles, thus in relation with the other thousands of people taking it, right? This is why a hard test har a -13 curve while an easy one has a -10, am I wrong? Does that mean that my score scaling depends on how we 6 in Italy + 20ish all around Europe did that?

See you later...

Larrymitchell808

New

Postby Larrymitchell808 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:54 am

I just loved how nothing makes that brain work for creativity like not knowing how to spell a word on the writing sample and having to write the sentence in a round about way using different words, no damn spell check on paper and #2 pencils!

shinydunsparce

New

Postby shinydunsparce » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:23 am

Score release date predictions?

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:27 am

Okay so here's the thing for me. I'm most pissed at myself that I let the uncertainty of the RC section get into my head during the last section. It distracted me on the end of the 25Q LR, which will certainly not help. I'm confident in a -2/-3 on the easy LR. Definitely a -0 on LG unless I somehow screwed up one of the rule replace questions. But I am fearful that I crapped the bed on the home stretch of LR. I think the first 15 Q's were no sweat, but then I kept getting distracted by the idea of how bad the RC may have been, and the last 3 Q's were educated guesses with no certainty, so I really think i got a -5/-6 on the last section. What's that give me:

LR (exp): -1/-2, RC: -3/-8 ?!, LR1: -2/3, LG: -0, LR2: -5/-6
Raw Score: -10 to -17, Scaled: Retake :(

On the bright side. Yesterday was my first 5 section test ever. Mental fatigue did not seem to be an issue, beyond the sense of impending doom that the potential RC failure. I think I could have done 3 more sections with little impact. Good to know moving forward for September.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:06 am

InterLaw wrote:.

Hiya! Sorry that it didn't go well for you.
So, the international test is a totally different test than the one we took. It's usually a previously proctored February or another test that they haven't disclosed. The scale is predetermined, but yes a harder test will have a bigger curve than easier tests.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:43 am

For those interested...
http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/sa ... RL4SDsJklk

More often than 3 or 4 times....

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Postby DaydreamNation » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:52 am

Voicing my displeasure that I can't select both "164-165" and "retake" in the poll!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:57 am

saf18hornet wrote:For those interested...

Weird. I thought it had only happened 3 times total. Interesting to see the last one was over a decade ago

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:For those interested...

Weird. I thought it had only happened 3 times total. Interesting to see the last one was over a decade ago

Well that article is nearly 8 years old now, I think there were some more recently as well.

Neil_Gorsuch

New

Postby Neil_Gorsuch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:07 am

Last edited by Neil_Gorsuch on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:15 am

Neil_Gorsuch wrote:I'm pretty confident about LR and first 3 sections of RC. Don't think I got any wrong on first 3 RC passages and at least one of the LR sections. The last logic game, although very easy, had some looseness on a question or two that I found strange since I'm pretty confident all my rules and setup were correct. Similarly, one or two of the last RC questions gave me a little trouble. Other than that, I feel pretty good about it. Thankfully, the LR section I felt least confident about ended up being experimental.

You had more trouble with the dowsing passage than the inferring thoughts passage? I find that fascinating.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?