June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
5%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 140

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby QueenBAYder » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:31 pm

principalagent wrote:
gennyJD96 wrote:https://twitter.com/DaveKilloran/status/881957518527782912

K heart rate increasing steadily

Same but also... do you think Powerscore pays some intern to go sit in the LSAC parking lot and report in?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
principalagent wrote:

Same but also... do you think Powerscore pays some intern to go sit in the LSAC parking lot and report in?

They might, but more likely, I'd imagine DK knows some people who work/worked there who he talks with

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:This idiot I know told me I have no shot at top schools because my undergrad is crap :roll: . This is coming from a pre law major at a marginally better school who thinks the LSAT doesn't matter much and who brags about briefing SCOTUS cases on facebook (I took UG Con Law too buddy, you aren't special). Oh and he's always talking about how Georgetttown is the best.

/end rant.

If someone majors in pre-law it's safe to assume they're pretty insufferable

+180. He thinks his model UN experience and UG name (a good school and admittedly much better than mine, but its not even close to being good enough to get him an admissions boost) will carry him to Georgetttown. Oh and he doesn't even want to practice law, he thinks he'll be at the UN.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:Same but also... do you think Powerscore pays some intern to go sit in the LSAC parking lot and report in?

The intern is in the bushes with binoculars and a walkie talkie. "Dave, looks like we've got some activity inside the premises, over."

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:33 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:My poor LSAC GPA can be mostly linked to my younger and more vulnerable years, in which I discovered discount drink specials and the limits of my Discover card. After I got a stern talking to from my dad about how another semester where the only class I got an A in was Golf wouldn't be tolerated, and I was given the ultimatum of shaping up or joining the Marines, I made Dean's List every semester afterwards. And if this is incoherent, its because I dipped into my celebratory/conciliatory bourbon.

I was just immature, nihilistic, didn't have a sense of direction in life. I don't think my gpa represents me, and it's one of my biggest regrets in life and also why I studied so hard for the LSAT, I'm genuinely embarrassed by it because I've always been a pretty smart guy. I'm turning 27 in September so I've done some serious growing up as well and I feel motivated. And if I have an interview, that's all I can really say to them, I have no excuse.

I'm kind of right there with you. Hoping passage of time and graduate GPA is enough to bypass the question of why my UG was so low. Because I don't have a why. I mean, I worked and schooled full time but I have more going on now so I wouldn't want that to seem like a big factor.
I just baked a lot of brownies and watched a lot of space documentaries...

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:33 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:This idiot I know told me I have no shot at top schools because my undergrad is crap :roll: . This is coming from a pre law major at a marginally better school who thinks the LSAT doesn't matter much and who brags about briefing SCOTUS cases on facebook (I took UG Con Law too buddy, you aren't special). Oh and he's always talking about how Georgetttown is the best.

/end rant.

If someone majors in pre-law it's safe to assume they're pretty insufferable

+180. He thinks his model UN experience and UG name (a good school and admittedly much better than mine, but its not even close to being good enough to get him an admissions boost) will carry him to Georgetttown. Oh and he doesn't even want to practice law, he thinks he'll be at the UN.

Did you tell him he should go to the HKS instead? or maybe just to jump off a cliff?

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:33 pm

/end rant.

Pay that fool no heed, Jimmy, and bid him Adieu when you head off to T6 next year.

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:33 pm

/end rant.

:D
Is pre-law even a real thing????

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:36 pm

it's allgood wrote:

/end rant.

:D
Is pre-law even a real thing????

You know these universities will squeeze money out of you any way they can haha

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:36 pm

WTF BARRY UNIVERSITY OF SUCK WHY ARE YOU SENDING ME A "USE YOUR JUNE LSAT SCORE TO APPLY TODAY" EMAIL WE DONT EVEN KNOW IF ITS GRAY YET

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:37 pm

principalagent wrote:

Where's my Xanax?!?

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:38 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:WTF BARRY UNIVERSITY OF SUCK WHY ARE YOU SENDING ME A "USE YOUR JUNE LSAT SCORE TO APPLY TODAY" EMAIL WE DONT EVEN KNOW IF ITS GRAY YET

That popped up on the corner of my screen and my heart stopped for a second :evil:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:38 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:

/end rant.

Pay that fool no heed, Jimmy, and bid him Adieu when you head off to T6 next year.

A small part of my LSAT motivation is showing him up :mrgreen:

He's always been this way since high school, and I've put him in his place many times but the arrogance never ceases. We both use to be US Soccer referees and he always thought he was better than me (he's objectively horrible and I was pretty good, did some pro games), until I was on the line for one of his games that he centered. He made a horrible, horrible mistake and I could have saved him, but I just let the meltdown happen :mrgreen:

This hate is making the time go by fast!
Last edited by Slippin' Jimmy on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:38 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:WTF BARRY UNIVERSITY OF SUCK WHY ARE YOU SENDING ME A "USE YOUR JUNE LSAT SCORE TO APPLY TODAY" EMAIL WE DONT EVEN KNOW IF ITS GRAY YET

I'm gonna box every single TTTT law school

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:38 pm

schools sending you info about applying with june scores can be a sign that they may already have your score. in december people who had pending apps were going complete hours before it went gray.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:39 pm

/end rant.

Those kind of people make me want to re-consider the law as a profession.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:

That popped up on the corner of my screen and my heart stopped for a second :evil:

They need to not. Its cruel. Who does their marketing?!?

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:39 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:Same but also... do you think Powerscore pays some intern to go sit in the LSAC parking lot and report in?

The intern is in the bushes with binoculars and a walkie talkie. "Dave, looks like we've got some activity inside the premises, over."

Why are we not discussing how this company has ROBOTS?!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:40 pm

amta wrote:

schools sending you info about applying with june scores can be a sign that they may already have your score. in december people who had pending apps were going complete hours before it went gray.

Yep, I remembered that happening.

So, the DK tweet mixed with the email makes me think it's probably happening

mwells56

Silver

Postby mwells56 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:41 pm

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Well, my productivity at work has officially been shot.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
amta wrote:

Yep, I remembered that happening.

So, the DK tweet mixed with the email makes me think it's probably happening

Schools have also been sending those emails for a while though, but I'm definitely taking it as a sign.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Added the September test to my cart, they save your spot before you check out for 24 hours.

ms9

Gold

Postby ms9 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:43 pm

heyduchess wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:

Why are we not discussing how this company has ROBOTS?!

No joke.

InterLaw

Bronze

Postby InterLaw » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Totally random question: what LSAT do you think Tiffany Trump had? I just discovered she'll go to GULC, which is one of my top choices too... I guess 165/166!

(trying not to think about score release)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?