June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

chandhi

Gold

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby chandhi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:03 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Talk about splitter! But can't imagine what it must have felt like to get the email with 180 on it

Does the email say the score?

What's this going to be like? Can somebody who has gotten a score before tell me what to expect? It would make my stomach feel less like I'm a character from Alien who's about to have a creature pop through her abdomen... Not even being dramatic.

Email is all text. Subject: Your June 2017 LSAT Score

The email includes your score and percentile rank after a short paragraph saying not to reply blah blah blah

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:05 pm

mmorrell94 wrote:don't want to be too specific, but someone I know was a 4.0/180 from a fairly prestigious ug and got named scholarships/YHS and didn't matriculate anywhere, because he got a job offer making 80k in a very low cost of living area.

Absolutely love your username! First read that book at 16 and read the full unabridged 3 volume version last year. Still one of my favorite books of all time.

Now if your username isn't a Count of Monte Cristo reference I apologize :lol:

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:06 pm

chandhi wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Talk about splitter! But can't imagine what it must have felt like to get the email with 180 on it

What's this going to be like? Can somebody who has gotten a score before tell me what to expect? It would make my stomach feel less like I'm a character from Alien who's about to have a creature pop through her abdomen... Not even being dramatic.

The email includes your score and percentile rank after a short paragraph saying not to reply blah blah blah

Also they send a picture Dean Testy in various poses depending on your score

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Last edited by rowdy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
chandhi wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Walliums wrote:

Also they send a picture Dean Testy in various poses depending on your score

180s get the XXX shoot.

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Last edited by rowdy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NavyNuke

Bronze

Postby NavyNuke » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:09 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I wonder how things would go for someone who had a 2.0/180. If I was a school I'd take them in a heartbeat.

I'd expect that to be solid interview territory - as in the adcomms are going to interview and heavily scrutinize the candidate to figure out wtf went wrong in UG. Like either they were huge slackers (and may or may not have grown out of it), or they cheated on the LSAT (no idea how that would happen), or they have a legitimate reason for the dumpster fire of a GPA

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:10 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
chandhi wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Walliums wrote:

So icons go gray then email then LSAC account updates? Or do the email and LSAC update coincide? Basically asking once the icons go gray should I be nonstop refreshing my email or LSAC account?

I believe the score is first updated on your account, and the email typically comes shortly after.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:11 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I wonder how things would go for someone who had a 2.0/180. If I was a school I'd take them in a heartbeat.

I'd expect that to be solid interview territory - as in the adcomms are going to interview and heavily scrutinize the candidate to figure out wtf went wrong in UG. Like either they were huge slackers (and may or may not have grown out of it), or they cheated on the LSAT (no idea how that would happen), or they have a legitimate reason for the dumpster fire of a GPA

How many schools interview outside of HYS? I thought most didn't?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:11 pm

Walliums wrote:

I mean just because most don't regularly interview doesn't mean they wouldn't for extenuating circumstances

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:12 pm

They'll sometimes ask for additional information explaining your piss poor gpa (per my friend in the 3.3-3.5 zone)

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Walliums wrote:

I mean just because most don't regularly interview doesn't mean they wouldn't for extenuating circumstances

STANNY DOESN'T INTERVIEW.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:13 pm

My poor LSAC GPA can be mostly linked to my younger and more vulnerable years, in which I discovered discount drink specials and the limits of my Discover card. After I got a stern talking to from my dad about how another semester where the only class I got an A in was Golf wouldn't be tolerated, and I was given the ultimatum of shaping up or joining the Marines, I made Dean's List every semester afterwards. And if this is incoherent, its because I dipped into my celebratory/conciliatory bourbon.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:14 pm

I fully expect to have to face this in interviews. Getting my puppy eyes ready.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:17 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:My poor LSAC GPA can be mostly linked to my younger and more vulnerable years, in which I discovered discount drink specials and the limits of my Discover card. After I got a stern talking to from my dad about how another semester where the only class I got an A in was Golf wouldn't be tolerated, and I was given the ultimatum of shaping up or joining the Marines, I made Dean's List every semester afterwards. And if this is incoherent, its because I dipped into my celebratory/conciliatory bourbon.

I was just immature, nihilistic, didn't have a sense of direction in life. I don't think my gpa represents me, and it's one of my biggest regrets in life and also why I studied so hard for the LSAT, I'm genuinely embarrassed by it because I've always been a pretty smart guy. I'm turning 27 in September so I've done some serious growing up as well and I feel motivated. And if I have an interview, that's all I can really say to them, I have no excuse.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:20 pm

This idiot I know told me I have no shot at top schools because my undergrad is crap :roll: . This is coming from a pre law major at a marginally better school who thinks the LSAT doesn't matter much and who brags about briefing SCOTUS cases on facebook (I took UG Con Law too buddy, you aren't special). Oh and he's always talking about how Georgetttown is the best.

/end rant.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:This idiot I know told me I have no shot at top schools because my undergrad is crap :roll: . This is coming from a pre law major at a marginally better school who thinks the LSAT doesn't matter much and who brags about briefing SCOTUS cases on facebook (I took UG Con Law too buddy, you aren't special). Oh and he's always talking about how Georgetttown is the best.

/end rant.

what's his LSAT score?

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Currently browning 3 lbs of ground turkey for spaghetti sauce to pass the next 2 hours and to have food if I spiral into a drunken depression for the next 36ish hours...

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:This idiot I know told me I have no shot at top schools because my undergrad is crap :roll: . This is coming from a pre law major at a marginally better school who thinks the LSAT doesn't matter much and who brags about briefing SCOTUS cases on facebook (I took UG Con Law too buddy, you aren't special). Oh and he's always talking about how Georgetttown is the best.

/end rant.

If someone majors in pre-law it's safe to assume they're pretty insufferable

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:29 pm

/end rant.

what's his LSAT score?

0 because he hasn't taken it yet.

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:29 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Walliums wrote:

It is more of a relief than anything to get the score, it is far worse waiting for it!!!!!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:30 pm

oh shiiiiiiiit bois it's going down today

commence #greywatch in an hour
Last edited by Future Ex-Engineer on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:30 pm

gennyJD96 wrote:https://twitter.com/DaveKilloran/status/881957518527782912

K heart rate increasing steadily

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?