June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
5%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 140

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby DorkothyParker » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Getting outside is about the only thing keeping me sane. I'd like to say I don't think about the LSAT all together during that time. But then, I like to say a lot of things.

Anyone else on FitBit?

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:28 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
rowdy wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:Um okay..? No one fucking cares. You do realize this thread is about the June 2017 LSAT score release. It's not a place for people who are autistic enough to book a flight with United Airlines in 2017 to rant about how they are missing a chromosome.

That reminds me of a story I think you might like Ilovemydogxo, once I booked a flight to see one of my college buddies and he lives in a small town so there's only one airport, and it's a small airport, and they only do like two flights a week to where I live, real pond hoppers you know, anyways so I go out there for a few days and it's a real nice time we actually floated the river and got lost because we missed our "off ramp" that is to say like a tributary that connected to the river and split off again and would have taken us to our rendezvous point, so we got lost and floated way further down the river than intended and knew there was this waterfall coming up, not too big just uncomfortably big for a couple of goofs in inner tubes, so we doggy paddle (I know you love your dog xo) over to the side of the river but it's basically a cliff going straight up and we grab onto the tree roots sticking out of the cliff and hold on for dear life, and what do we see but I kid you not a rope ladder so we climb up like a hundred feet and it's my buddy's ex girlfriend's parents' house, like their backyard overlooking the river, but they're not home and by the way we hauled our dumb ten dollar inner tubes up with us so we got those and so we start walking bare foot down this gravel road trying to get off this big hill and finally this guy screeches up next to us in this jacked up lift kit pickup with a Confederate flag bumper sticker if that tells you the kind of character he is and anyways he asks us if we want a ride back down the hill and we say yeah because it's like four miles to our rendezvous point and that gravel doesn't feel great so we hop in the back of his pickup and I swear to God this guy takes off like he's drag racing going like 70 or 80 down this gravel road with hairpin turns on a sheer cliff, my buddy and I we almost threw up or got thrown out of the truck bed a dozen times, when we finally stopped we would have kissed the ground and praised the Lord if it was a movie or something, anyways though he takes us back to my buddy's house and all that to say we had a pretty great time that weekend, almost started a forest fire too but that story isn't really on topic, anyways so I finally go back to fly out a few days later and wouldn't you know it the flight is cancelled, and so I go up to the counter to try to rebook, and there are eighty people in this line since the whole darn airport has one ticket agent and this was the only flight going out this day everyone on the flight is trying to rebook, so we wait for a couple hours and eat some snacks from the vending machine, like those Gardetto's with the rye chips, and finally get up to the counter and tell the lady I was on the cancelled flight, and she asks for my ticket, so I give it to her and turns out (hand to God) I booked my return flight for the NEXT month, and I'm like are you kidding me and she wasn't, so I told her okay I gotta get that booked for the next flight out, now you're probably wondering Ilovemydogxo how this relates to this board, and it relates because the ticket agent says "okay that will be $180."

Just kidding it was more money than that, go eat some dry toast you goon.

:D
Did you get a drink from the vending machines while you were waiting at least???? I would of had myself a diet coke!

Ooo good question. Also I've never heard of that snack with the rye chips but it sounds awesome. Those bagel chips are always my favorite thing in Chex Mix...

Is putting a crown on Dara completely out of the question?

Lolll, maybe when I'm bored at work tomorrow I'll play around with photo shop. QueenDariaDoesLawSchool

Right on!!!!!!!! Then I will have something to look forward to!! Because the whole LSAT score waiting thing is getting a bit old!!!

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Any tennis fans looking forward to Wimbledon?

DKM

New

Postby DKM » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:04 pm

I've been finding the best way to kill time is to watch 2:30 snippets of Kitchen Nightmares on youtube.

You will be hooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxq5mvaIyY

ms9

Gold

Postby ms9 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:58 pm

it's allgood wrote:Right on!!!!!!!! Then I will have something to look forward to!! Because the whole LSAT score waiting thing is getting a bit old!!!

For those getting bored waiting for scores, you could take 5 minutes and fill out our survey on Utah Law School, a school I am working with this summer (pretty please).

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6Q5YJ39

In return, I'll get up at 4:30 am tomorrow and start looking for score releases. Full disclosure, I generally get up at 4:30 am, because I am old.

olemiss18

New

Postby olemiss18 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:01 pm

I haven't posted in a few days and this thread has progressed a good deal in that time, so I'll catch up. Two dozen 4th graders and 55 frat guys ought to do it, provided the 4th graders come at you in waves of no more than 3 and all 55 frat guys get a crack at the silverback all at once. RIP guys on the front lines of that one.

I'm likely to be a reverse splitter and looking at mostly strong regional schools. Colorado is my first choice and I'm just hopping my LSAT is good enough to get that juicy Full/$10k/$10k deal they have. Plus in-state for the second and third years helps. Beyond that, my safeties are Ole Miss (undergrad), New Hampshire, Penn State, Villanova, Denver, Illinois; my matches are Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, Iowa, George Washington; and my reach are Georgetown, Texas. When I know my LSAT I'll make a solid list of 6 or 7 schools out of that.

To kill time between now and Gray Day, I've been listening to a lot of old WTF with Marc Maron podcasts. Been a fan for a couple of years. Many are on Youtube if you want to check out his conversations with your favorite comedians or actors or directors or musicians.

coskigirl

Bronze

Postby coskigirl » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:10 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:
it's allgood wrote:Right on!!!!!!!! Then I will have something to look forward to!! Because the whole LSAT score waiting thing is getting a bit old!!!

For those getting bored waiting for scores, you could take 5 minutes and fill out our survey on Utah Law School, a school I am working with this summer (pretty please).

In return, I'll get up at 4:30 am tomorrow and start looking for score releases. Full disclosure, I generally get up at 4:30 am, because I am old.

Done.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:10 pm

I just realized that the closest law school to me is Cooley's Tampa campus :lol:

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:12 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:

Already did it when I saw the blog post. Glad I could help you guys out after you've done so much for us 0Ls!

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:41 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:

Also done :)
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I just realized that the closest law school to me is Cooley's Tampa campus :lol:

Texas is the closest to me. 15 min from my apartment in no traffic (lol at the idea of no traffic in Austin these days)

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:57 pm

principalagent wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I just realized that the closest law school to me is Cooley's Tampa campus :lol:

Texas is the closest to me. 15 min from my apartment in no traffic (lol at the idea of no traffic in Austin these days)

W&M is about 30 minutes from me if there's no traffic. So if I somehow ended up there I'd have a tough time deciding if I want to live at home or somewhere closer.

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:58 pm

UGA is a 15 min walk from my apartment or a 5 min drive :lol:

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:03 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:W&M is about 30 minutes from me if there's no traffic. So if I somehow ended up there I'd have a tough time deciding if I want to live at home or somewhere closer.

I would probably keep my apartment because I love my unit and complex a ton, but it's a little on the expensive side for not having an actual income. Ideally, if I went to Texas, it would be with a very nice scholarship so a couple hundred more for rent wouldn't be too bad.

I suppose I could live at home for free an hour+ away in traffic :roll:

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:04 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:

Quoted by MS9!!!!!!!! My ego is all over this!!!! I took the survey -- but I almost put 1 instead of 5 for what matters the most but caught it before I submitted!!!!! Also, can you just make the scores come out at 4:30 am tomorrow??? Okay. Great! Thanks a bunch!!!!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:23 pm

I am on a cruise ship

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I am on a cruise ship

Thank goodness you have internet! What would we do without OP when scores finally roll out?

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:31 pm

GO DO FUN CRUISE THINGS!

NavyNuke

Bronze

Postby NavyNuke » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:07 pm

I'm planning a trip from Dallas to Durham in September with my fiancée to visit Duke. I want to stop along the way and spend the night in Memphis or Atlanta. I've never spent much time in Atlanta, but Rendezvous and Beale Street are hard to pass up. Fingers crossed a September re-take doesn't derail an of this.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:14 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
W&M is about 30 minutes from me if there's no traffic. So if I somehow ended up there I'd have a tough time deciding if I want to live at home or somewhere closer.

Same, that 30 min drive to Williamsburg is more like 50 with traffic and construction from where I am. I would give serious thought to selling or renting my house and moving to Williamsburg if I end up at W&M.

Yeah I'm in NN, that drive would easily be at least 45 each way. Plus I'll almost be 28 by the time I start school and while living at home for free is nice, living at home until you're 30 doesn't seem too appealing haha.

pupper

New

Postby pupper » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:28 pm

On a tangential note, what are everyone's favorite podcasts? Mine are Hardcore History, Myths & Legends, and Pod Save America.

#friendofthepod

NavyNuke

Bronze

Postby NavyNuke » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:40 pm

rowdy wrote:

Thank goodness you have internet! What would we do without OP when scores finally roll out?

lol I might not have signal when that happens. Legit might not get score for 2 days

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:

GO DO FUN CRUISE THINGS!

Too full

Omg

So much food

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?