June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
7
5%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 140

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:10 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Idk. Maybe he's drinking Bowman's Rum or something. "Swallow in self pity" is an accurate description of most of my Friday nights.


are we not doing phrasing in this thread?


Where's our fearless June takers leader, this totally has his name on it...

User avatar
HenryHankPalmer

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:10 am

I forgot how to spell restaurants in the middle of half-assing the writing sample, so instead I just talked about all the "eateries" that the district could bring in with lower taxes and toll roads. When I read it back to myself I sounded like a two bit real estate developer. Maybe I'll get elected president.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:11 am

dm1683 wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:
Platopus wrote:The more sleuthing I do on the internet (Reddit), the harder it is for me to tell if I'm actually smart or if I fell for every trap answer. Part of me is like, well these people are probably idiots, who's to say if they got the right answer, maybe I'm actually the smart one and they're all wrong. I was praying for an easy LR, but now that I think the LR was ridiculously easy, I'm not so sure. Trying to get all the bitching/self loathing/self doubt out before midnight. Can't swallow in self pity for forever.


There's an obvious trend that when LG is easy, there is a more difficult LR and/or RC. If the consensus is correct that today's LG was easy (though I think it was harder than some purport) I would venture to guess a good amount of that was pushed into the LR difficulty, which was the opposite of what occurred on prep test 80, and will surprise some people in their scores. LR was not ridiculously easy, not even slightly.

I slightly disagree. usually they'll have an easy, medium and hard section. I think RC fit the bill for the hard section - LR was right around the middle. Some tough questions, sure but nothing crazy.


Agreed here. If I was giving star ratings, I'd hit RC with a 4 out of 5, LR(25Q) 3.5 out of 5, LR(26Q) 2 out of 5, and LG 1 (or 0) out of 5.

Seriously, I can't get over how easy the LG section was. I've done close to 50 games sections in my time with the LSAT, and I honestly think it might have been the easiest I've ever seen.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:12 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:I forgot how to spell restaurants in the middle of half-assing the writing sample, so instead I just talked about all the "eateries" that the district could bring in with lower taxes and toll roads. When I read it back to myself I sounded like a two bit real estate developer. Maybe I'll get elected president.


Hah...so I apparently made the assumption that only shopping/retail would happening at the shopping center, not eating. That would have been an interesting addition for me to tear apart.

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:13 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:I forgot how to spell restaurants in the middle of half-assing the writing sample, so instead I just talked about all the "eateries" that the district could bring in with lower taxes and toll roads. When I read it back to myself I sounded like a two bit real estate developer. Maybe I'll get elected president.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can't imagine how hard I laughed at this.

Also, whatever happened to that Gorsuch guy who scored 180 on every other test? He was pretty clearly the champ as far as stats in the study thread, I wanna hear how he thought it went.

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby LesPaul1995 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:
Platopus wrote:The more sleuthing I do on the internet (Reddit), the harder it is for me to tell if I'm actually smart or if I fell for every trap answer. Part of me is like, well these people are probably idiots, who's to say if they got the right answer, maybe I'm actually the smart one and they're all wrong. I was praying for an easy LR, but now that I think the LR was ridiculously easy, I'm not so sure. Trying to get all the bitching/self loathing/self doubt out before midnight. Can't swallow in self pity for forever.


There's an obvious trend that when LG is easy, there is a more difficult LR and/or RC. If the consensus is correct that today's LG was easy (though I think it was harder than some purport) I would venture to guess a good amount of that was pushed into the LR difficulty, which was the opposite of what occurred on prep test 80, and will surprise some people in their scores. LR was not ridiculously easy, not even slightly.

I slightly disagree. usually they'll have an easy, medium and hard section. I think RC fit the bill for the hard section - LR was right around the middle. Some tough questions, sure but nothing crazy.


Agreed here. If I was giving star ratings, I'd hit RC with a 4 out of 5, LR(25Q) 3.5 out of 5, LR(26Q) 2 out of 5, and LG 1 (or 0) out of 5.

Seriously, I can't get over how easy the LG section was. I've done close to 50 games sections in my time with the LSAT, and I honestly think it might have been the easiest I've ever seen.


It's interesting how people's brains work differently. I felt more confident in RC than my LR, and perhaps this is because my first section (LR experimental) seemed so foreign.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:22 am

dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I forgot how to spell restaurants in the middle of half-assing the writing sample, so instead I just talked about all the "eateries" that the district could bring in with lower taxes and toll roads. When I read it back to myself I sounded like a two bit real estate developer. Maybe I'll get elected president.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can't imagine how hard I laughed at this.

Also, whatever happened to that Gorsuch guy who scored 180 on every other test? He was pretty clearly the champ as far as stats in the study thread, I wanna hear how he thought it went.


Made one post about DC people meeting up for drinks but didn't respond to my PM.

User avatar
HenryHankPalmer

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:23 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I forgot how to spell restaurants in the middle of half-assing the writing sample, so instead I just talked about all the "eateries" that the district could bring in with lower taxes and toll roads. When I read it back to myself I sounded like a two bit real estate developer. Maybe I'll get elected president.


Hah...so I apparently made the assumption that only shopping/retail would happening at the shopping center, not eating. That would have been an interesting addition for me to tear apart.

It was kind of a leap on my part. The prompt said that it would be an increased in retail, and I just imagined that increased traffic and $ to a shopping center would bring restaurants and other types of businesses to the district. I didn't put a lot of effort into this. I generally pride myself on being a good writer, but by the time the writing sample rolled around I was devoid of all motivation.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:24 am

vtdelt wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I forgot how to spell restaurants in the middle of half-assing the writing sample, so instead I just talked about all the "eateries" that the district could bring in with lower taxes and toll roads. When I read it back to myself I sounded like a two bit real estate developer. Maybe I'll get elected president.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can't imagine how hard I laughed at this.

Also, whatever happened to that Gorsuch guy who scored 180 on every other test? He was pretty clearly the champ as far as stats in the study thread, I wanna hear how he thought it went.


Made one post about DC people meeting up for drinks but didn't respond to my PM.


Also curious. Wasn't sure whether to interpret his silence/low key message as quiet confidence, or quiet 'oh sht that was bad'

Blougram

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:49 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Blougram » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:26 am

I thought RC was by far the easiest section, but then again, I'm an English major/ABD. :)

Q26 LR was also easy, but I struggled with many of the questions on the Q25 one.

User avatar
HenryHankPalmer

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 am

I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:34 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.


AWW THAT IS SO CUTE!! (about the couple, not the weird dude with gloves).

User avatar
HenryHankPalmer

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:37 am

dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.


AWW THAT IS SO CUTE!! (about the couple, not the weird dude with gloves).

Glove guy wasn't bad looking either, I forgot to mention that.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:43 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Idk. Maybe he's drinking Bowman's Rum or something. "Swallow in self pity" is an accurate description of most of my Friday nights.


are we not doing phrasing in this thread?

Lol, I thought about trying to either make that less or more sexual sounding, but decided it was at a happy medium.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:47 am

i read half the prompt, wrote a semi relevant rant about regressive taxes and representing constituents, wrote a conclusion, read the second half of the prompt, then added that in a new paragraph.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:50 am

dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.


AWW THAT IS SO CUTE!! (about the couple, not the weird dude with gloves).


I'd be willing to bet at least one of them scored sub 160

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:53 am

Blougram wrote:I thought RC was by far the easiest section, but then again, I'm an English major/ABD. :)

Q26 LR was also easy, but I struggled with many of the questions on the Q25 one.

+180

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:55 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.


AWW THAT IS SO CUTE!! (about the couple, not the weird dude with gloves).


I'd be willing to bet at least one of them scored sub 160

Yeah i hope one goes to Harvard and the other to Cooley.

My drunken, single, post LSAT insecurities are definitely not showing.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:56 am

I'm starting to text exs I should put the Titos down

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:56 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.


AWW THAT IS SO CUTE!! (about the couple, not the weird dude with gloves).

Glove guy wasn't bad looking either, I forgot to mention that.


I'm not sure which one weirds me out more, the gloves or the full suit and tie...

The cute couple, not going to last when they don't get into Harvard together... I'm also slightly bitter and jaded about couples and happy endings. Made the decision on LSAT/Law School/Further Ensuring self sufficiency because I'm tired of getting the "Anyone would be lucky to be with you but..." line... Fuck that, after 16 years of dating I've resigned myself to the fate that it's going to be just me and law school is a good way to pass the time, not be that stereotype at the bar all the time, and building on my career thus far to ensure that I have a solid chance of employment no matter what. Guess I'm having a reverse Elle Woods theme, law school because I don't have a guy versus to try and get back a guy...

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:58 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I'm starting to text exs I should put the Titos down


Yea, I stopped about an hour ago... Just waiting until I get to a good point for passing out.

Don't drunk text exs, that always leads to regrets in the morning...

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:59 am

vtdelt wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.


AWW THAT IS SO CUTE!! (about the couple, not the weird dude with gloves).

Glove guy wasn't bad looking either, I forgot to mention that.


I'm not sure which one weirds me out more, the gloves or the full suit and tie...

The cute couple, not going to last when they don't get into Harvard together... I'm also slightly bitter and jaded about couples and happy endings. Made the decision on LSAT/Law School/Further Ensuring self sufficiency because I'm tired of getting the "Anyone would be lucky to be with you but..." line... Fuck that, after 16 years of dating I've resigned myself to the fate that it's going to be just me and law school is a good way to pass the time, not be that stereotype at the bar all the time, and building on my career thus far to ensure that I have a solid chance of employment no matter what. Guess I'm having a reverse Elle Woods theme, law school because I don't have a guy versus to try and get back a guy...

Amen brother. Going into law school all cutesy like that is disgusting.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:59 am

vtdelt wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I'm starting to text exs I should put the Titos down


Yea, I stopped about an hour ago... Just waiting until I get to a good point for passing out.

Don't drunk text exs, that always leads to regrets in the morning...

Pretending like it never happened is a solid plan I think. Gonna finish the bottle then bed

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:04 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I'm starting to text exs I should put the Titos down


Yea, I stopped about an hour ago... Just waiting until I get to a good point for passing out.

Don't drunk text exs, that always leads to regrets in the morning...

Pretending like it never happened is a solid plan I think. Gonna finish the bottle then bed



:shock: :shock:

How much is left of the bottle? Not worth hangovers...

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:05 am

vtdelt wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm late to the conversation on test day quirkiness, but I got seated next to a guy who wore a full suit, tie, and latex surgical gloves throughout the test. I'm sure that there might be a medical necessity for the gloves, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I was mildly worried that he was a hitman. Also, an LSAT taking couple was in my testing center, talking about how they were gonna go to Harvard together. One of their parents came into the center to take a picture of them going into the room together. They looked and acted exactly how you are probably picturing them.


AWW THAT IS SO CUTE!! (about the couple, not the weird dude with gloves).

Glove guy wasn't bad looking either, I forgot to mention that.


I'm not sure which one weirds me out more, the gloves or the full suit and tie...

The cute couple, not going to last when they don't get into Harvard together... I'm also slightly bitter and jaded about couples and happy endings. Made the decision on LSAT/Law School/Further Ensuring self sufficiency because I'm tired of getting the "Anyone would be lucky to be with you but..." line... Fuck that, after 16 years of dating I've resigned myself to the fate that it's going to be just me and law school is a good way to pass the time, not be that stereotype at the bar all the time, and building on my career thus far to ensure that I have a solid chance of employment no matter what. Guess I'm having a reverse Elle Woods theme, law school because I don't have a guy versus to try and get back a guy...


I went to my undergrad to be with my high school giflfriend. She transferred after two years to stay with me. My choice of law school is going to be determined entirely by local liquor prices and the quantify of bitter people to bond with.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests