June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
5%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 140

chargers21

Gold

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:44 pm

dm1683 wrote:
chandhi wrote:Other TLSers can confirm I have quite the dangerous and threatening personality

What is a "dangerous personality?"

Chandhi is a serial killer who procures her victims via online forums

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:09 pm

chargers21 wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
chandhi wrote:Other TLSers can confirm I have quite the dangerous and threatening personality

Yep that's obviously me.

Let's hang out

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:17 pm

chandhi wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

Yep that's obviously me.

Let's hang out

Hey everyone, I'm going to Chandhi's party. If I stop posting on this site, you know why..... :mrgreen:

greenmusic97

New

Postby greenmusic97 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:35 am

Guys!!! Do you think this is LSAC telling us they're going to be released on Mon/Tue? It's an official tweet from LSAC:

LSAC will be closed Mon. July 3 and Tues. July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. This will not affect our websites. Have a great holiday!

Ugh...... I was really hoping for this Friday. :(

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:36 am

How many fourth graders do you think you could fight at once, and what would your strategy be?

olemiss18

New

Postby olemiss18 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:46 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:How many fourth graders do you think you could fight at once, and what would your strategy be?

This a good question. It depends. Do the 4th graders come at you literally all at once? Or by all at once, you mean one sitting, like you can't take a break? If we apply a broader definition to "at once": if they come in waves of five, I think I could take about eight waves before I'm overcome by the stickiness of their fingers. Why are children always so sticky?

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:53 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:How many fourth graders do you think you could fight at once, and what would your strategy be?

Tell them the fight takes the form of hide and go seek. Never seek them. No opponents - no chance of losing.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:54 am

I think I could take a decent amount. Maybe like 20. I kinda figure they'd drop after one hit, so just lay into them. I've been in a few fights in my day and chances are the 4th graders haven't, plus with a significant size/strength advantage and higher pain tolerance, exhaustion would be the only thing preventing me from beating more little kids up.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:18 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:It's the 30th. The vibes and aura I get from my surroundings and the earth itself are telling me the 30th.

It's officially the 30th. The day of grey is upon us. The electric fields of Mother Earth don't lie.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:24 am

As previously stated, I'm pretty big (height and build-wise), so maybe 5 or so. I would employ a lot of knees and elbows I suspect. If allowed a weapon I would select my tennis racket.

NeverOrNow

New

Postby NeverOrNow » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:31 am

It depends my almost 3rd Grader has been going to Krav Maga since he was 5. He knows to fight dirty and then get away as fast as possible if an adult came at him. He'd bite if you got close enough to grab him, then he'd punch/kick the groin. I'm not sure many adults could take a wave of 5 of him.

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:01 am

QueenBAYder wrote:
Did ya' change your avatar???

Ha...yeah dawg. I mean I love RBG, but I thought Daria was a better representation of what I bring to the table lol

Ha ha ha!!!!!! I miss the crown, but okay!

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:31 am

I taught kindergarten and early elementary for two years. Any kid over 7 is giant to me. But then, "If it bleeds, we can kill it." So I'll take on 3 with a pointy stick and my wits.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:41 am

DorkothyParker wrote:I taught kindergarten and early elementary for two years. Any kid over 7 is giant to me. But then, "If it bleeds, we can kill it." So I'll take on 3 with a pointy stick and my wits.

Just curious, what made you want to switch from teaching the little ones to going into law?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:00 am

I took on 5 4th Graders when I was in 4th grade, I held my own but I got double the detention of everyone else. I don't want more detention so I think I'll just run this time...

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:13 am

Maybe 3, I'm pretty weak.

Currently have a friend here distracting me from the pain of the wait with horrible TV (eg Netflix's Ritchie Rich), racquetsports, and alcohol.

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:14 am

Mikey wrote:
DorkothyParker wrote:I taught kindergarten and early elementary for two years. Any kid over 7 is giant to me. But then, "If it bleeds, we can kill it." So I'll take on 3 with a pointy stick and my wits.

Just curious, what made you want to switch from teaching the little ones to going into law?

Actually, I've been in banking for almost 6 years now. I'm not a trained teacher, they'll let pretty much anyone with a Bachelor's teach in S Korea (Or Thailand, and sort of Japan but it's more competitive).

In banking, I experienced my greatest joys when I could take someone who was screaming mad and have them leave smiling. Yes, even when I told them "no" to whatever they wanted. After some deliberation, in summer of 2015, I was inspired by Andrew WK to party harder so I signed up for grad school. I received a certification in Conflict Management. I spent some time volunteering as a Guardian Ad Litem (again, I like kids), but it was painful work so tbh I put in my one year and that was that. I continue to volunteer at a pro se divorce clinic helping folks get filed and working with them on parenting plans. I did want to do Family Law Mediation, but it's tough to break into.

I guess I felt I was pointing in this direction for a while and eventually became "How am I still not doing this?" It sounds glib, but I do like people and I want to make a difference. (Don't worry, that isn't going in the PS.). I don't think family law is the goal now, but public interest work too be sure.

I'm also very interested in Restorative Justice. There was a program for juveniles for a while here, but grant money ran out. At some point, I'd love to find myself involved in some kind of Restorative Justice movement, but that's definitely my idealism talking. I have a lot of it for a woman of age.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 am

Am I allowed a weapon or prep time? Absolutely would rig a trap. 4th graders are stupid, so most of them would drop to the trap at the start. If I've got a melee weapon (gloves/bat/etc), I think I could take them for a while. If I'm barehanded, it's only so many punches before I break fingers, and at that point it's game over.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:

Am I allowed a weapon or prep time? Absolutely would rig a trap. 4th graders are stupid, so most of them would drop to the trap at the start. If I've got a melee weapon (gloves/bat/etc), I think I could take them for a while. If I'm barehanded, it's only so many punches before I break fingers, and at that point it's game over.

Only weapons available are items you could commonly find on a school yard

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:42 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:

So theoretically I could pull a monkey bar off of the playground. In that case, I've got these little mugs. Definitely getting the high ground, probably at the top of a slide, and I'm wailing on them with the monkey bar. Probably could take at least an entire class with that setup. The ones coming up the slide get a swift kick to the jaw, the ones coming up the platform get metal to the skull.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:43 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:

I think you could defeat more 4th graders by methods of distraction than brute force. Like it would be way easier to trap them if they were already sitting in a circle playing with pokemon cards (are those still a thing?).

mwells56

Silver

Postby mwells56 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:53 am

There's an ongoing debate in my fraternity for the last 3 years over how many brothers it would take to kill a fully grown silverback gorilla in a no-weapons cage match.

I say no less than 20, probably more like 35-40. Thoughts?

Typing Puppy

Silver

Postby Typing Puppy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:53 am

I also taught for two years. Fourth graders are pure evil. Don't underestimate them.

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:09 am

mwells56 wrote:

There's an ongoing debate in my fraternity for the last 3 years over how many brothers it would take to kill a fully grown silverback gorilla in a no-weapons cage match.

Idahoans are not afraid of gorillas. If any of your bros are from Idaho, he can do it single-handedly.

You're young, but men of that age tend to be a little smaller. So I think 35 young men is a good starting place. Any footballers?

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:14 am

mwells56 wrote:

You'd need 30 at least, well coordinated, to encircle the gorilla. I pity the guy who is the first one the gorilla gets its hands on.
Last edited by HenryHankPalmer on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?