June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
5%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 140

Walliums

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Walliums » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:45 pm

What is everyone doing for the 4th? We are heading to the beach with my in-laws. We have to make dinner one night - who wants to help me decide what recipe to do?

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:51 pm

Walliums wrote:What is everyone doing for the 4th? We are heading to the beach with my in-laws. We have to make dinner one night - who wants to help me decide what recipe to do?

New poll idea! What are our options?

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Walliums wrote:What is everyone doing for the 4th?

hosting a big ass party at a lake house

y'all are invited

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Mikey wrote:what's the official date for score release?

Thursday

Ah ok. I'm gonna predict Tuesday as the day.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:09 pm

chandhi wrote:

y'all are invited

can I come

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Mikey wrote:
chandhi wrote:

y'all are invited

can I come

yeah fly out here

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:14 pm

chandhi wrote:
Mikey wrote:
chandhi wrote:

y'all are invited

can I come

yeah fly out here

YAYYYYY! #squad

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:15 pm

QueenBAYder wrote: shitposting in earnest

I preferred Ernest Scared Stupid

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:18 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
Walliums wrote:What is everyone doing for the 4th? We are heading to the beach with my in-laws. We have to make dinner one night - who wants to help me decide what recipe to do?

For main dinner I have these recipes from a few cookbooks I have. Will give you the name and the general gist. On another post I will throw out some ideas we have for sides and alcoholic drinks:

-Zucchini Lasagna Bolognese: Essentially lasagna bolognese but instead of noodles you do zucchini. Also has ground pork and beef in it.

-Spicy Cajun Sausage, Peppers and Cabbage: Pretty self-explanatory -- if you have ever had Choucroute Garni, this sounds like the cajun version. It's just pan-cooked andouille sausage with the aforementioned vegetables with some cajun seasoning

-Spring Booty Tacos: tacos with mushroom, fingerling potatoes, asparagus, and some delicious spiciness

-Tangy Achiote-Rubbed Grilled Chicken Tacos: grilled chicken tacos with the chicken marinaded in some vinegar and spices that I have never used before but sound good"

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Dude do the sausages and anchiote tacos those sound dank

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:22 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:S/o to my fellow scotch drinkers. I prefer an Islay, either Lagavulin or Laphroaig. I'm also partial to Glenlivet, or Chivas when I don't want to shell out $50 on booze.

The GF bought me some balvanie Cuban addition it's super delish. This will be my celebration whiskey if scores come soon

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 pm

DorkothyParker wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
DorkothyParker wrote:Drinking craft beer will surely improve my chances at getting into University of Washington. (With $$!?!?) And, really, it is a food group staple.
With that said, I've really been embracing my white girl and enjoying cheap rosé in a plastic cup with straw and lid at the park.
Timing is everything.

Who's your fav brewery out there?

I'm actually in Boise ID. I like Boise Brewing for just solid traditional beers. Also, the atmosphere is so chill and I end up meeting lots of great people any time I go. I tried studying for the LSAT a couple times there (bad idea.) So many lawyers in this damn town...
One of the best local beers I've had was at Woodland Empire. They tend to go non-traditional and the brewer seems to like a lot of the same bands I do based on the name. (Like the Notorious Lightning DIPA)
Mad Swede is surprisingly disappointing...

For Seattle, Elysian is great. It's been like a decade since I was there. But their bottled stuff makes it down here and it is a top regional for me. In the fall, get the Elysian Night Owl pumpkin ale. Most pumpkins are either really great or terrible, and this one is a joy. Add a shot of Fireball and it becomes a Smashing Pumpkin. ^^
My husband and I also checked out Pike's. It was fine too, but I think I was just stoked on the charcuterie and salt air.

I'm hoping to see more Saison brews again as a whole. I am an IPA lover, but it's starting to get dull. Half the breweries that attempt fruit infusions or similar just add chemical flavor. Although, some citra hop varietals have rocked my world, but this damn town finished off that barrel within weeks.

Elysian is dope.

And dude same on IPAs. I'm getting burned out and people tend to try to do too much with em. I'm a big sour fan so that's keeping me "hydrated" this summer.

NavyNuke

Bronze

Postby NavyNuke » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:30 pm

NavyNuke wrote:Tomorrow is the day. Just got a feeling.

And I will be working for the 4th. Cause why not start shift work right before a holiday?

Same and same.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:31 pm

I will be on a cruise.

Which I realized might not work. Bc I leave port at like 5pm and if scores go gray later Monday I won't get my score for like 3 days

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Elysian is dope.

And dude same on IPAs. I'm getting burned out and people tend to try to do too much with em. I'm a big sour fan so that's keeping me "hydrated" this summer.

Sours are quickly becoming my favorite kind of beer. Next time you're in Richmond, check out Strangeways, they have some solid sours. The Answer brewpub has a few too, they have like 60 beers on tap there, pretty legit.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:34 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Elysian is dope.

Sours are quickly becoming my favorite kind of beer. Next time you're in Richmond, check out Strangeways, they have some solid sours. The Answer brewpub has a few too, they have like 60 beers on tap there, pretty legit.

dude i was super impressed with the richmond beer scene. how do people there stay sober? ill def check those places out next time im out there.e

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Walliums wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:

For main dinner I have these recipes from a few cookbooks I have. Will give you the name and the general gist. On another post I will throw out some ideas we have for sides and alcoholic drinks:

-Zucchini Lasagna Bolognese: Essentially lasagna bolognese but instead of noodles you do zucchini. Also has ground pork and beef in it.

-Spicy Cajun Sausage, Peppers and Cabbage: Pretty self-explanatory -- if you have ever had Choucroute Garni, this sounds like the cajun version. It's just pan-cooked andouille sausage with the aforementioned vegetables with some cajun seasoning

-Spring Booty Tacos: tacos with mushroom, fingerling potatoes, asparagus, and some delicious spiciness

-Tangy Achiote-Rubbed Grilled Chicken Tacos: grilled chicken tacos with the chicken marinaded in some vinegar and spices that I have never used before but sound good"

I'm on team chicken tacos for sure. What if you just added the chicken to the "spring booty" tacos?

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Elysian is dope.

dude i was super impressed with the richmond beer scene. how do people there stay sober? ill def check those places out next time im out there.e

Beer is kind of Richmond's thing! I'm sure other schools have this, but VCU (yay) and U of Richmond (boo) both offer craft brewing classes. Richmond is a cool little city, people love living there. Next time you're down let me know.

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Elysian is dope.

Payette has a bunch of fancy sours. I think they are in the $12-$16 bomber range. I want them. I want them all. But I am living the extra frugal life for the next year. It's probably better for my health anyway.

We have a 10 Barrel location here. They have a cucumber sour which is awesome because it avoids the almost acrid sweetness of some fruit sours. The Raspberry is fine too. But both are a little too drinkable. And I can't/shouldn't knock back half a $10 six-pack in an afternoon. I'd like to see more aged sours with a higher ABV and a little more depth.

I probably won't even see fireworks (again) this year. I work on the 5th and it's just not worth keeping my 4 year old up that late while still having to get up our normal time on Wednesday. Will 98% hit up a public park with a splash pad (lots of local activities/festivals). Maybe make some strawberry milkshakes at home. It might be too soon for huckleberries, but cherries are another option.
Husbeast does all the cooking in my house. He made the most amazing 3-cheese stuffed juicy lucys with grilled pretzel buns and homemade pickles. Too soon to ask for it again?

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:52 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Elysian is dope.

Fun fact about me: I'm actually a beer sommelier (we're not called that, though) because I was bored one Summer and wanted to be a registered beer know-it-all and the test isn't that expensive... BUT SOURS ARE AMAZING. I like Prairie Artisan Ales a LOT. They used to have an American Wild that was absolutely killer. http://prairieales.com/

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:53 pm

heyduchess wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Elysian is dope.

Fun fact about me: I'm actually a beer sommelier (we're not called that, though) because I was bored one Summer and wanted to be a registered beer know-it-all and the test isn't that expensive... BUT SOURS ARE AMAZING. I like Prairie Artisan Ales a LOT. They used to have an American Wild that was absolutely killer. http://prairieales.com/

have you heard of the brewery?

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Elysian is dope.

The Bruery? Yeah. I super wanna go down there and try evvvverything, but then I'd be drunk and stranded in the OC. Sigh.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:02 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Elysian is dope.

The Bruery? Yeah. I super wanna go down there and try evvvverything, but then I'd be drunk and stranded in the OC. Sigh.

lol and thats a pricey uber.

their brewery is great i used to live like 20 mins from there on a traffic free day. its worth a visit if youre ever down there

mmorrell94

New

Postby mmorrell94 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Can someone remind me how gray day actually works? I know scores are released in batches, but does everyone go gray at the same time? Is there usually a specific time of day it happens???

Sorry for posting on topic

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?