June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
5%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 140

heyduchess

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
principalagent wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:This post makes me feel better! Can't say why though....

#same

Honestly surprised you all can still remember that far back.

I only remember because I spent like 3 minutes on that question.

Still super curious to see how I did on some of these. Pretty sure I can defend my answer for most of the 'hard' questions, but I really just don't know for 100% if I got them

Antlers and Exercise I really have no clue on, the others (Monkey Screwdrivers etc.) were a bit tricky but I'd be very shocked if I got them wrong. What I'm mostly worried about is whether I actually did as well as I feel on RC, I think I absolutely killed it but you never know....

Why don't I remember Antlers? I actually feel pretty good about LR. I FEEL WHO TF KNOWS ABOUT RC

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Antlers and Exercise I really have no clue on, the others (Monkey Screwdrivers etc.) were a bit tricky but I'd be very shocked if I got them wrong. What I'm mostly worried about is whether I actually did as well as I feel on RC, I think I absolutely killed it but you never know....

Tbh I don't even remember an antlers question :lol: :lol: :lol: So either I completely screwed it, or I found it easy?

Monkey screwdrivers was one of the easiest questions on the test IMO, but from what I've read, many others hated it. Exercise I'm pretty sure I got the correct answer, mostly because I had reasons for DQ'ing every other answer, so someone at LSAC will be hearing from me if I got it wrong.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Antlers and Exercise I really have no clue on, the others (Monkey Screwdrivers etc.) were a bit tricky but I'd be very shocked if I got them wrong. What I'm mostly worried about is whether I actually did as well as I feel on RC, I think I absolutely killed it but you never know....

Tbh I don't even remember an antlers question :lol: :lol: :lol: So either I completely screwed it, or I found it easy?

Monkey screwdrivers was one of the easiest questions on the test IMO, but from what I've read, many others hated it. Exercise I'm pretty sure I got the correct answer, mostly because I had reasons for DQ'ing every other answer, so someone at LSAC will be hearing from me if I got it wrong.

I agree, I thought the monkey jailbreak question was pretty straightforward. Antlers wasn't bad either. But who the hell is taping themselves exercising? Uncle Rico?

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Also, a local newstation just shot an ad for their app at my place of employment. They needed an annoyed-looking extra.
I was brilliant.
Autographs $10
Photographs $15.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Maybe one of the last PTs I did is bleeding into my memory. Don't remember any of the substance other than it was difficult for me.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:15 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:

I agree, I thought the monkey jailbreak question was pretty straightforward. Antlers wasn't bad either. But who the hell is taping themselves exercising? Uncle Rico?

I don't think they taped themselves. I think the experimenter taped them and then showed it to them against their will. Well, not against their will, but... ugh you know what I mean.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:17 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:

I don't remember antlers at all... Annnnnnnnnnnndddd now I'm terrified that I missed a question and mis-bubbled the rest

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:20 pm

heyduchess wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:

I don't think they taped themselves. I think the experimenter taped them and then showed it to them against their will. Well, not against their will, but... ugh you know what I mean.

That sounds like some kind of living hell. They pry their eyelids open and show some kind of graphic exercise Ludovico.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:21 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:

I don't remember antlers at all... Annnnnnnnnnnndddd now I'm terrified that I missed a question and mis-bubbled the rest

IIRC correctly, it had something to do with how certain nutrients facilitate antler growth. It was one of the first questions in the section, so I doubt you'd miss it. It seems pretty unlikely you'd miss something in the middle of the first page.

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Postby LesPaul1995 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Are all or not all orangutangs deceptive because they can infer other chimps thoughts on how to sell more jazz records?

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:23 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:

IIRC correctly, it had something to do with how certain nutrients facilitate antler growth. It was one of the first questions in the section, so I doubt you'd miss it. It seems pretty unlikely you'd miss something in the middle of the first page.

Ahh ok that does sound a little familiar. Thank you!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:23 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:

That sounds like some kind of living hell. They pry their eyelids open and show some kind of graphic exercise Ludovico.

Stanley kubrick directed this study

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:26 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:Are all or not all orangutangs deceptive because they can infer other chimps thoughts on how to sell more jazz records?

I just feel bad for the poor zookeeper who lets their guard down and catches a flathead screwdriver to the ribcage. As the son of a former prison guard, I immediately assumed the orangutans were fashioning shivs.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:26 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:Are all or not all orangutangs deceptive because they can infer other chimps thoughts on how to sell more jazz records?

Only when they shoot off sub-atomic particles.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:31 pm

I also seem to have forgotten antlers

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:31 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:

I don't remember anything hard being early, so I'm probably mis-remembering things and this was easy!

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:

I don't remember anything hard being early, so I'm probably mis-remembering things and this was easy!

Is that your own thought or did you infer through past experience?

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Postby LesPaul1995 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:43 pm

heyduchess wrote:

Only when they shoot off sub-atomic particles.

How could they without having steam? #teamsteam

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 pm

I don't remember antlers either but I'm pretty sure I got screwdrivers wrong. I still don't know what the right answer is haha.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:58 pm

Mikey wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:For about a week now I've been convinced that I got a 169, which will garner a mixed reaction. Its enough to get into Duke/Cornell with $$ and Vandy with $$$ but it won't be enough to make me competitive at Harvard, which I've been considering a target more and more lately. I might end up retaking with a 169 just to have a shot there....

I feel like I'd be happy with a 169, but my biggest annoyance would be not breaking the 170 mark, lol.

Retaking anything under 172, soooo yeah, I'll be retaking

Typing Puppy

Silver

Postby Typing Puppy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 pm

How tf is this thread back on topic. This is the opposite of what we need rn.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Typing Puppy wrote:How tf is this thread back on topic. This is the opposite of what we need rn.

Also potentially getting too close to the line the mods are watching IMO. I don't want to get banned...

MBC: new poll ideas

Celebration drink of choice

Tears of misery drink of choice

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:28 pm

For some reason it's only showing the image codes of my poll result pics

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:30 pm

No Champs?!?

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:32 pm

vtdelt wrote:No Champs?!?

I doubt scores are coming out during brunch which is the only acceptable time to drink champagne

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?