June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
5%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 140

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby tuna_wasabi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
principalagent wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I wonder what the curve will be for 175 if we're looking at -10

-5 I would expect. Perhaps -6.

I vote -6. Most -10's skip 176 for some reason.

Yeah I think the average is -6ish but I feel like it might be -5 with how straightforward the test is

Noooo, 25Q LR was not straightforward :cry: :cry: :cry:

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Platopus wrote:Called my dad yesterday and told him I got a 167. Just wanted to prime myself for the forthcoming dissapointment.

My Mom would be really happy with this, she's actively hoping that I miss my PT average so I go to our State flag ship :roll: Dad told me to go to the best school that I get $$ at (this is my actual goal), so my score is probably going to lead to some interesting family conversations lol

I feel ya. My parents were pushing hard for SLU or Carbondale, and did not like me taking time off after school to study and work lol.

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:Noooo, 25Q LR was not straightforward :cry: :cry: :cry:

Retweet. I didn't feel too victimized by any of the LR sections, but the best feeling one for me was of course experimental.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:22 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:YO HOLD UP GUYS I GOT A 180
Just took my age (26) multiplied it by the day we took the test (12), to get 312. I then subtracted the number of questions on the test (101) to get 211. Then I subtracted the number of PTs I took (31) to arrive at...you guessed it...180. There it is. Women lie, men lie, numbers don't.

Ah, we have arrived. A couple days earlier than I expected this year, but we have made it back to ground zero

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:23 pm

For about a week now I've been convinced that I got a 169, which will garner a mixed reaction. Its enough to get into Duke/Cornell with $$ and Vandy with $$$ but it won't be enough to make me competitive at Harvard, which I've been considering a target more and more lately. I might end up retaking with a 169 just to have a shot there....

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:24 pm

Last edited by Walliums on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Walliums wrote:Guys I know this may sound dumb but do I put my institution GPA on CRS or my (estimated) LSADAS GPA? I know it's selecting a range but one is in one range and the other is in another

Institutional until you have an LSDAS GPA. Based on your comment, it sounds like you and I have a similar problem. My university allows repeated coursework to count towards GPA without factoring in the original grade. So while I graduated with honors, my LSDAS GPA leaves something to be desired.
Last edited by HenryHankPalmer on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:For about a week now I've been convinced that I got a 169, which will garner a mixed reaction. Its enough to get into Duke/Cornell with $$ and Vandy with $$$ but it won't be enough to make me competitive at Harvard, which I've been considering a target more and more lately. I might end up retaking with a 169 just to have a shot there....

I know somebody who retook a high 16x and ended up with a mid 17x and got into all of HYS. They had pretty strong softs, but this locked it up. It very well could be the right move for you too.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:30 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Walliums wrote:Guys I know this may sound dumb but do I put my institution GPA on CRS or my (estimated) LSADAS GPA? I know it's selecting a range but one is in one range and the other is in another

Institutional until you have an LSDAS GPA

This is correct

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:For about a week now I've been convinced that I got a 169, which will garner a mixed reaction. Its enough to get into Duke/Cornell with $$ and Vandy with $$$ but it won't be enough to make me competitive at Harvard, which I've been considering a target more and more lately. I might end up retaking with a 169 just to have a shot there....

I feel like I'd be happy with a 169, but my biggest annoyance would be not breaking the 170 mark, lol.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:32 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
Walliums wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Best of luck to everyone on their upcoming scores, I know you'll all do great! But just as a story to encourage those who underperform, I will tell you about my decent success story. I took the June test last year and completely bombed it. Like super bombed it. I hadn't used this site before and was underprepared and worked too much leading up to test day, including test day. I worked my ass off, held off on applying to school's until after receiving a satisfactory score, took the September test, and had a double digit improvement. Instead of having to settle for a t50 school with my previous score, I got into damn near every school I applied to (haven't been rejected yet, waiting on 3 decisions) out of 15 applications, all but one in the t20. I was accepted to the best school I applied to (UChicago), was accepted to t13 school I loved with a decent scholarship (which I accepted at first), and ended up depositing at a t13 with a scholarship a good chunk north of the six figure mark. I'm not trying to brag here or anything, but I'm trying to show you the importance of not settling for the low score you may have gotten on this test. I believe that you can improve and reach your potential (even if I still underperformed on my later test slightly compared to my new PTs).

But none of this matters because you all crushed it :mrgreen:

Needed to hear this! Would definitely like to know what you did to study for a retake

Congrats man! :) And ditto

Thanks! After my first LSAT I never thought I'd be here, so I'm pretty excited! For restudying, I had some major isssues to correct. I simply had not taken enough full length timed PTs. My timing was awful. Once I got my timing down, my natural ability with LR was able to shine through and give me a bit of a buffer. I worked on my diagramming speed for LG. I made myself read faster for RC. Speed is really what helped me most. Going fast on my second test day is likely what prevented an absolute bombing, but I'm not sure if I would completely recommend it because I likely lost my 3 points from my average at the top end because of this. I was wildly inconsistent still going into test day, so I was not an LSAT master by any means

By wildly inconsistent you mean huge deviations in PT scores? Timing is my problem as well. During PTs I was also pretty consistent with timing and check my watch every 5 minutes or so; 17 questions in the first 20 minutes, and so on, but this did not happen at all during the test. Internal clock was messed up. I adhered strictly to 35 minutes throughout all PTs, but during the test day thanks to anxiety/nerves/unwillingness to make 2-3 careless mistakes, I ended up running out of time for an LR section, and barely making it on time for other sections.

My PTs were inconsistent. Wild deviations from 174 down to low 160s

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:32 pm

GUYS

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Amerision wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
DorkothyParker wrote:I'm waiting to pay for the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) until after I get my score. This is required, right?

it is required, and I would go ahead and get it now. I don'tknow if you are CRS elibible without CAS, and without CRS you won't get the flood of fee waivers associated with your score

Can I use fee waivers I get this year next year? I'm not applying until Fall 2018 and haven't bought CAS yet but now I'm considering it.

You can't reuse them, but maybe a reapplicant can tell you whether you get new ones

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:GUYS

Sis you can't do this I'm having heart palpitations

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:34 pm

ITS

green

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:34 pm

principalagent wrote:

I know somebody who retook a high 16x and ended up with a mid 17x and got into all of HYS. They had pretty strong softs, but this locked it up. It very well could be the right move for you too.

It might be, but it seems my plan is a bit different from most here in that I really have no interest in CCN, I'll be floating an app to Columbia but don't really see myself attending. I'm mostly focused on getting a decent scholly to a lower T13, which a 169-170 would be sufficient for with my GPA. But HYS is a whole 'nother level, and I'd seriously consider sticker at either H or S. If I score 169/low 170s there really isn't much incentive to retake for me unless I can break into the 175+ range, which is what I'd probably need for H or S since my softs are pretty meh.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:ITS

green

This was mean...

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:34 pm

green

BAN

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

green

BAN

New poll: Do you feel more victimized by the deviant chimp or the deviant MBC?

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:41 pm

I wont be able to handle four more days of this.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:42 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

green

BAN

New poll: Do you feel more victimized by the deviant chimp or the deviant MBC?

Neither. I'm still feeling victimized by those weirdos who watched themselves exercise.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Just in case anyone was wondering

I was doing a public service !
:twisted:

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:43 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:I wont be able to handle four more days of this.

I know why don't you shitpoast more to relieve stress

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Last edited by Walliums on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:43 pm

My parents and family were also against many of my law school decisions. First off, they didn't think I should retake. Not their fault, they were ignorant of how this all works. Then, it was my mom wanting me to stay in state for the full ride. Then it was my dad wanting me to go to Chicago because "money won't matter once you're a hotshot lawyer. What's 70k? What's 100k? You'll be making that hand over fist!" Then it was people wanting me to stick with Duke because I already committed and was happy and it was warm and I had family nearby. Now they're happy for me because I'm happy with my decision, the direction my school will take me, and my sub 100k debt load at an Ivy league law school I would have never dreamed of when I first went to college.

Maybe one day I will regret leaving behind the southern brand that enticed me at Duke if I don't end up getting to practice in the south. Maybe I'll also regret not going to the "best" school I got into. Hell, I think I'll regret not sitting out and retaking for the shot at Harvard (lowerish LSAT, high gpa. Chicago loves em, Harvard does not). But I'm going to a great school with some financial freedom and I don't think I'll ever regret specifically what I chose, just maybe what I what I didn't.

Best of luck on your future decision everyone. Don't let your parents run your law school choice from the sidelines, even if you love yours as much as I love mine

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?