June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:57 pm

All I can think about lately is the PTs that I bombed. I'm writing off my good PTs as flukes instead of the other way around. This is not good.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:58 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:All I can think about lately is the PTs that I bombed. I'm writing off my good PTs as flukes instead of the other way around. This is not good.

175 incoming

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:02 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:All I can think about lately is the PTs that I bombed. I'm writing off my good PTs as flukes instead of the other way around. This is not good.

175 incoming

At this point, after this tortuous wait and the ups and downs that have come with it (along with reallyyyy not wanting to retake), a 175 might get a tear of joy lol.

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Mikey wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:I just want to finally know where I'm going to be living in August

are you using the June lsat to try and get off of waitlists or something?

I am.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:11 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

175 incoming

At this point, after this tortuous wait and the ups and downs that have come with it (along with reallyyyy not wanting to retake), a 175 might get a tear of joy lol.

Lol same really. I don't know how I'd react.

I wonder what the curve will be for 175 if we're looking at -10

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I wonder what the curve will be for 175 if we're looking at -10

-5 I would expect. Perhaps -6.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:15 pm

principalagent wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I wonder what the curve will be for 175 if we're looking at -10

I vote -6. Most -10's skip 176 for some reason.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Called my dad yesterday and told him I got a 167. Just wanted to prime myself for the forthcoming dissapointment.

Also had a dream that I thought I got a 175, but when I looked again it was actually a 157 (gasp!)

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 pm

heyduchess wrote:
principalagent wrote:

I vote -6. Most -10's skip 176 for some reason.

Yeah I think the average is -6ish but I feel like it might be -5 with how straightforward the test is

coskigirl

Bronze

Postby coskigirl » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:26 pm

Another BB I'm on (about skiing) has an ongoing grammar thread. Someone just brought up the grey/gray debate there. Maybe its a sign that today will be grey. Or gray.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Platopus wrote:Called my dad yesterday and told him I got a 167. Just wanted to prime myself for the forthcoming dissapointment.

My Mom would be really happy with this, she's actively hoping that I miss my PT average so I go to our State flag ship :roll: Dad told me to go to the best school that I get $$ at (this is my actual goal), so my score is probably going to lead to some interesting family conversations lol

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:33 pm

DorkothyParker wrote:I'm waiting to pay for the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) until after I get my score. This is required, right?

it is required, and I would go ahead and get it now. I don'tknow if you are CRS elibible without CAS, and without CRS you won't get the flood of fee waivers associated with your score

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:36 pm

chargers21 wrote:
DorkothyParker wrote:I'm waiting to pay for the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) until after I get my score. This is required, right?

it is required, and I would go ahead and get it now. I don'tknow if you are CRS elibible without CAS, and without CRS you won't get the flood of fee waivers associated with your score

You are still CRS eligible without CAS but I don't know if you'd get any fee waivers since schools won't have your GPA.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:36 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Platopus wrote:Called my dad yesterday and told him I got a 167. Just wanted to prime myself for the forthcoming dissapointment.

My Mom would be really happy with this, she's actively hoping that I miss my PT average so I go to our State flag ship :roll: Dad told me to go to the best school that I get $$ at (this is my actual goal), so my score is probably going to lead to some interesting family conversations lol

Similar situation to this. Even though my family lives 3k miles from Cali, my mom wants me to stay sub-173 so I'll stay in LA and go to USC or UCLA. Which I'd be totally down with because the thought of leaving LA for 3ish years is soul-crushing. But to cheer for me to not score well enough to get T13 money? Savage, Mom. Savage.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:42 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

Similar situation to this. Even though my family lives 3k miles from Cali, my mom wants me to stay sub-173 so I'll stay in LA and go to USC or UCLA. Which I'd be totally down with because the thought of leaving LA for 3ish years is soul-crushing. But to cheer for me to not score well enough to get T13 money? Savage, Mom. Savage.

Me too. My dad wants me to go to Chicago in order to stay close to home, and although that's my top choice I might be priced out of it. He keeps telling my that "money should not be your top concern" and that I should be willing to take Chicago over Michigan or Penn no matter the price difference. I told him I would really consider Stanford or Harvard if I got in, and you could see the sadness on his face. He really wants me to stay near home because I'm basically all the family he has left, except for his asshole brother.

mwells56

Silver

Postby mwells56 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:45 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the anxiety of sub-170 has officially set in.

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:45 pm

mwells56 wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the anxiety of sub-170 has officially set in.

I've come to terms with it and I'll allow myself to be pleasantly surprised if I exceed expectations.

mwells56

Silver

Postby mwells56 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:49 pm

principalagent wrote:

I've come to terms with it and I'll allow myself to be pleasantly surprised if I exceed expectations.

Realistically there's no way I got less than a 168 and with that I can still get into lower t13's (my top choice of which would be Mich) but I've got this Columbia/NYU dream and Havard fantasy I'm not ready to give up on. Would retake again in either September or December with less pressure because I'd already have a decent score but, like, ugh. I can seriously see myself getting as low as a 165 or as high as a 174.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:53 pm

My family's expectations are all over the place. I think my mom thinks I'm gonna screw up miserably, my dad on the other hand is probably overestimating my abilities, and the rest of the fam doesn't really get how the LSAT works (I've gotten "so did you get accepted?" and "did you pass?" as questions this week, so..)

But I know they're prepared for disappointment, they should be used to it by now!

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:53 pm

mwells56 wrote:
principalagent wrote:

Realistically there's no way I got less than a 168 and with that I can still get into lower t13's (my top choice of which would be Mich) but I've got this Columbia/NYU dream and Havard fantasy I'm not ready to give up on. Would retake again in either September or December with less pressure because I'd already have a decent score but, like, ugh. I can seriously see myself getting as low as a 165 or as high as a 174.

One of my friends is CONVINCED I got a 174. And yesterday, during yoga, the number 171 kept popping up in my head. I'm using both of these pro-170+ "feelings" as proof that I didn't get a sub-170. The universe wouldn't be so cruel.

Amerision

Bronze

Postby Amerision » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:56 pm

chargers21 wrote:

Can I use fee waivers I get this year next year? I'm not applying until Fall 2018 and haven't bought CAS yet but now I'm considering it.
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:01 pm

chargers21 wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
Walliums wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Best of luck to everyone on their upcoming scores, I know you'll all do great! But just as a story to encourage those who underperform, I will tell you about my decent success story. I took the June test last year and completely bombed it. Like super bombed it. I hadn't used this site before and was underprepared and worked too much leading up to test day, including test day. I worked my ass off, held off on applying to school's until after receiving a satisfactory score, took the September test, and had a double digit improvement. Instead of having to settle for a t50 school with my previous score, I got into damn near every school I applied to (haven't been rejected yet, waiting on 3 decisions) out of 15 applications, all but one in the t20. I was accepted to the best school I applied to (UChicago), was accepted to t13 school I loved with a decent scholarship (which I accepted at first), and ended up depositing at a t13 with a scholarship a good chunk north of the six figure mark. I'm not trying to brag here or anything, but I'm trying to show you the importance of not settling for the low score you may have gotten on this test. I believe that you can improve and reach your potential (even if I still underperformed on my later test slightly compared to my new PTs).

But none of this matters because you all crushed it :mrgreen:

Needed to hear this! Would definitely like to know what you did to study for a retake

Congrats man! :) And ditto

Thanks! After my first LSAT I never thought I'd be here, so I'm pretty excited! For restudying, I had some major isssues to correct. I simply had not taken enough full length timed PTs. My timing was awful. Once I got my timing down, my natural ability with LR was able to shine through and give me a bit of a buffer. I worked on my diagramming speed for LG. I made myself read faster for RC. Speed is really what helped me most. Going fast on my second test day is likely what prevented an absolute bombing, but I'm not sure if I would completely recommend it because I likely lost my 3 points from my average at the top end because of this. I was wildly inconsistent still going into test day, so I was not an LSAT master by any means

By wildly inconsistent you mean huge deviations in PT scores? Timing is my problem as well. During PTs I was also pretty consistent with timing and check my watch every 5 minutes or so; 17 questions in the first 20 minutes, and so on, but this did not happen at all during the test. Internal clock was messed up. I adhered strictly to 35 minutes throughout all PTs, but during the test day thanks to anxiety/nerves/unwillingness to make 2-3 careless mistakes, I ended up running out of time for an LR section, and barely making it on time for other sections.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:02 pm

YO HOLD UP GUYS I GOT A 180
Just took my age (26) multiplied it by the day we took the test (12), to get 312. I then subtracted the number of questions on the test (101) to get 211. Then I subtracted the number of PTs I took (31) to arrive at...you guessed it...180. There it is. Women lie, men lie, numbers don't.

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:03 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:YO HOLD UP GUYS I GOT A 180
Just took my age (26) multiplied it by the day we took the test (12), to get 312. I then subtracted the number of questions on the test (101) to get 211. Then I subtracted the number of PTs I took (31) to arrive at...you guessed it...180. There it is. Women lie, men lie, numbers don't.

Whoomp, there it is

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:06 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

175 incoming

+175. I would kiss the earth (or the carpet) if I get a 173 or above.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?