June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

heyduchess

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:50 pm

dm1683 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:I find eating almost nothing but pasta, canned beans/peas, and rice has served me pretty well

Am currently at vet with badly shaking/defecating puppy

Other people: Try Keto!

Me: But... but... carbs.

180. Love those carbs. They've been the major mitigating factor in my weight loss. Still fucking 175. I should be 160 but I'm tall and big boned. :wink:

I'm 5'9-10 and used to be 175. Not to turn this board into an obnoxious vegan propaganda machine, but I don't really do anything diet-y other than not eating meat and dairy and I dropped to 145.

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:51 pm

it's allgood wrote:I was completely zen about waiting for my score. Until today. I have a horrible cold and fever. I can no longer tolerate waiting and have checked my LSAC account and this board 500 times. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

you should probably change your username

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:51 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
heyduchess wrote:Anybody feel like feeling #triggered?
[+] Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFLZGcSsvCI

He's very deceptive....

+174

mwells56

Silver

Postby mwells56 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:53 pm

it's allgood wrote:I was completely zen about waiting for my score. Until today. I have a horrible cold and fever. I can no longer tolerate waiting and have checked my LSAC account and this board 500 times. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So.... not gray?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:54 pm

heyduchess wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:I find eating almost nothing but pasta, canned beans/peas, and rice has served me pretty well

180. Love those carbs. They've been the major mitigating factor in my weight loss. Still fucking 175. I should be 160 but I'm tall and big boned. :wink:

I'm 5'9-10 and used to be 175. Not to turn this board into an obnoxious vegan propaganda machine, but I don't really do anything diet-y other than not eating meat and dairy and I dropped to 145.

Damn girl you should show us those before and after pix :wink: :wink: :wink:

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:59 pm

I was down to 117 on keto and ran my first half marathon. But then I started adding in carbs and it made running much nicer. (Recovery has improved immensely after races when I can drink the Gatorade and eat all the post carbs.)
But then I got hit by a car while riding my bike last fall and stayed lazy through winter. So now even though I run a ton, I am sitting at 130. I feel like keto has been the easiest way for me to lose weight (if for no other reason that it makes it mindless and I don't have to obsess with calorie counting as it seems to just take care of itself, also because I can't drink beer.)
But on the other hand, I like beer. And carbs are an inexpensive filler for feeding a family. We have used cauliflower rice and it's fine but normal rice is still cheaper.

I believe in keto. I think it's awesome. But I am too weak to commit to it for the entirety of my life. (Real talk.)

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:05 pm

When I used to obsess about my weight and BF I literally weighed/measured everything I ate and drank tracking the calories to protein ratio. Maintaining 4% body fat to get hit on by shallow guys was hard...

Thankfully some habits from that time have helped me not balloon up during study time when I quit going to the gym... Oddly enough, a lot of people have said I look like I've lost a bit of weight over the last couple months... Probably because I was literally eating the same thing every day for breakfast, lunch, and mid day snack during the weekdays and almost the same thing for dinner on LSAT class nights...

Soccer the last couple weeks hasn't been too bad in the soreness department, I still played soccer and kickball during LSAT prep for my "scheduled downtime/fun" Sunday afternoons were no LSAT work days to keep me from burning out. But I'm scared to go back to lifting weights...

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:11 pm

chandhi wrote:

you should probably change your username

Good point!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:11 pm

vtdelt wrote:When I used to obsess about my weight and BF I literally weighed/measured everything I ate and drank tracking the calories to protein ratio. Maintaining 4% body fat to get hit on by shallow guys was hard...

Thankfully some habits from that time have helped me not balloon up during study time when I quit going to the gym... Oddly enough, a lot of people have said I look like I've lost a bit of weight over the last couple months... Probably because I was literally eating the same thing every day for breakfast, lunch, and mid day snack during the weekdays and almost the same thing for dinner on LSAT class nights...

Soccer the last couple weeks hasn't been too bad in the soreness department, I still played soccer and kickball during LSAT prep for my "scheduled downtime/fun" Sunday afternoons were no LSAT work days to keep me from burning out. But I'm scared to go back to lifting weights...

I kicked the soccer ball around last week and I was completely winded after just an hour, I played all through high school and did intermurals/club my first two years of Uni but my entire Junior year was a waste physically between school, work, LSAT and drinking too much. Re-upped at the gym and have been going sporadically but I need to get on a strict schedule, really want to get my endurance/strength back!

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:12 pm

mwells56 wrote:

So.... not gray?

Sooo not.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:14 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:

Damn girl you should show us those before and after pix :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm 5'10" too. My current probably looks like her before. Although I have quite a bit of muscle from tennis that probably contributes a bit. 38-33-38 is still an hourglass right LOL.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
vtdelt wrote:When I used to obsess about my weight and BF I literally weighed/measured everything I ate and drank tracking the calories to protein ratio. Maintaining 4% body fat to get hit on by shallow guys was hard...

I kicked the soccer ball around last week and I was completely winded after just an hour, I played all through high school and did intermurals/club my first two years of Uni but my entire Junior year was a waste physically between school, work, LSAT and drinking too much. Re-upped at the gym and have been going sporadically but I need to get on a strict schedule, really want to get my endurance/strength back!

Those cigs will get to ya, man

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:29 pm

4%?!? Oh. Wait. You are a dude.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:34 pm

4 percent bodyfat is insane for a woman. Don't think anything below 10 percent is considered healthy.
Edit: delt is a dude? Sorry for my hetero assumptions I of all people should know better.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Same as you, I lost weight during LSAT prep because I ate the same thing for 3 months and regained it right after the test by eating So. Much. Junk. Food.

Been trying to pick up running but eh, walking a lot counts as exercise too, no? :D
Last edited by tuna_wasabi on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:38 pm

dm1683 wrote:

4 percent bodyfat is insane for a woman. Don't think anything below 10 percent is considered healthy.

[+] Spoiler
I'm a real boy!

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Oh no! Get well soon pupper!

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:40 pm

vtdelt wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

[+] Spoiler
I'm a real boy!

Sorry for misgendering you (is that an actual word?)

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:45 pm

dm1683 wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

[+] Spoiler
I'm a real boy!

Yes. It's usually used in reference to communicating with a trans person using incorrect or unwanted pronouns, but I suppose it works with the interwebs, too?

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:45 pm

dm1683 wrote:4 percent bodyfat is insane for a woman. Don't think anything below 10 percent is considered healthy.
Edit: delt is a dude? Sorry for my hetero assumptions I of all people should know better.

I think female Olympic athletes are still in the 15% range. I'm not sure if anything sub 10% is really possible outside of unusual medical circumstances.

This forum is like the opposite of the rest of the internet. I am now assuming everyone is female unless there is evidence otherwise.

Also, anyone else just sooo down for body positivity this summer? I am just rockin' out to the chub rub song nonstop. We didn't have this when I was in my 20's... QQ

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:47 pm

dm1683 wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

[+] Spoiler
I'm a real boy!

Got me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm sure one of the more PC/militant ENEMIES OF THE GATE types would know but I'm not one of them. Not offended at all.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:48 pm

DorkothyParker wrote:I was down to 117 on keto and ran my first half marathon. But then I started adding in carbs and it made running much nicer. (Recovery has improved immensely after races when I can drink the Gatorade and eat all the post carbs.)
But then I got hit by a car while riding my bike last fall and stayed lazy through winter. So now even though I run a ton, I am sitting at 130. I feel like keto has been the easiest way for me to lose weight (if for no other reason that it makes it mindless and I don't have to obsess with calorie counting as it seems to just take care of itself, also because I can't drink beer.)
But on the other hand, I like beer. And carbs are an inexpensive filler for feeding a family. We have used cauliflower rice and it's fine but normal rice is still cheaper.

I believe in keto. I think it's awesome. But I am too weak to commit to it for the entirety of my life. (Real talk.)

Ugh hit by a car?? Sorry to hear that and hope you are recovered.

All the other ladies on here are crazy tall and I am staring up at them from down here at 5'4"... how tall are you?

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Something hit me in the gym and now I'm positive I got a terrible score. Before it was just a maybe, now I feel it in my bones.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:48 pm

dm1683 wrote:

For some reason I really thought vtdelt said they were lesbian. I must be confusing them with someone else. wat is life

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Y'all are making me feel like I need to lose some weight

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?