June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:37 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
DorkothyParker wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:I'm ashamed to bring up chain pizza places when I live in the pizza capital of the country but i'm a huge fan of that bbq chicken/pinapple pizza at Pappa Johns. Although, due to the fact that the only time I order/eat this is in a drunken state at 2am, it might actually be terrible and I just think I like it...

Papa Johns isn't edible to me. I can eat cheap pizza. I'm not a monster. I love Papa Murphy's take & bake. But, the sauce is just not edible to me.

As a whole though, I love pizza. Which is to say, I love whole pizzas. Although I might be slightly exaggerating. Go to is any combo with a good fat-salt-acid ratio. Local joint has a sourdough crust pizza with pesto, local sausage, jalapenos, and tomato. Top with some fresh garlic and a tripel and just fall over and die. #LittleDramatic

Papa Johns worst chain pizza in existence (except maybe little Caesar's).

Pizza hut the real OG when it comes to chains. They get f'ing pizza in they name yo

But that garlic butter sauce though!

a dirt cake with nice icing is still a dirt cake

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:38 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
DorkothyParker wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:I'm ashamed to bring up chain pizza places when I live in the pizza capital of the country but i'm a huge fan of that bbq chicken/pinapple pizza at Pappa Johns. Although, due to the fact that the only time I order/eat this is in a drunken state at 2am, it might actually be terrible and I just think I like it...

Papa Johns isn't edible to me. I can eat cheap pizza. I'm not a monster. I love Papa Murphy's take & bake. But, the sauce is just not edible to me.

As a whole though, I love pizza. Which is to say, I love whole pizzas. Although I might be slightly exaggerating. Go to is any combo with a good fat-salt-acid ratio. Local joint has a sourdough crust pizza with pesto, local sausage, jalapenos, and tomato. Top with some fresh garlic and a tripel and just fall over and die. #LittleDramatic

Papa Johns worst chain pizza in existence (except maybe little Caesar's).

Pizza hut the real OG when it comes to chains. They get f'ing pizza in they name yo

But that garlic butter sauce though!

It's actually not butter. It's 100% vegan, which means it's made with margarine.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
My point was that if it's supported by people which it is then it's fine to restrict. I'm willing to bet that the people who are in gun restricted areas are totally fine with the restriction so "government oppression" isn't really a problem there since its acting in interest of people.

Your right to overthrow the government isn't violated by gov saying you can't take guns on college campuses.

Private colleges are free to restrict gun carrying as much as they like.

The constitution protects from the majority, so the majority wanting gun ownership limited doesn't make it constitutional.

Also, I will be living in a major city with strict gun control in the near future because that's where I will have to be to work, and I most certainly will not be okay living in a left wing fascist area that restricts my rights just as much as I don't currently like living in my right wing fascist state. We just need to legalize freedom

See, this right here is why I have trouble with libertarianism (not sure if you consider yourself a big or little l). In a perfect world, it would be nice to legalize "freedom" (or I am guessing you are referring to freedom to choose to do whatever you wish). But we don't live in a perfect world -- we live in one where people exercise their freedoms and infringe on others freedoms at the same time.

The only criminal acts should be those that directly harm another person's life, liberty, or property, with health included under this umbrella.

I am quoting the wrong post here but I saw all of your fee waivers -- did you have to ask for them or did you just get them when you signed up for CRS? Gives me hope I will get some

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Anybody feel like feeling #triggered?
[+] Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFLZGcSsvCI

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:41 pm

chargers21 wrote:I don't trust states anymore than I trust the federal goverment, so yes we would probably disagree on whether the national guard is an independent entity from THE state

What, do you live in a bleeding-red state too? :)

I'm reminded of when Texas passed a law disallowing localities from banning fracking. Not trying to say anything about fracking, but I remember thinking at the time that "don't you guys howl every time the feds make you do something you don't want to do because of states rights and don't you think your localities feel the same way about an overreaching state government?"

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:42 pm

heyduchess wrote:Anybody feel like feeling #triggered?
[+] Spoiler

Hey look it's the president.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:49 pm

dm1683 wrote:
[+] Spoiler

Can't help but think about the rich irony existing here. Had you said this a few months back, you'd be obliterated as a racist - now it's considered a commonplace insult.

(btw no political leaning in this comment, just thinking about how interesting human interactions/perceptions are)

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:52 pm

dm1683 wrote:
[+] Spoiler

Can't help but think about the rich irony existing here. Had you said this a few months back, you'd be obliterated as a racist - now it's considered a commonplace insult.

(btw no political leaning in this comment, just thinking about how interesting human interactions/perceptions are)

Interesting point. It's really a black and white issue IMO.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:54 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
I am quoting the wrong post here but I saw all of your fee waivers -- did you have to ask for them or did you just get them when you signed up for CRS? Gives me hope I will get some

Haha quite alright. I received all of them through CRS besides the one I solicited from Georgetown. Penn, Cornell, Harvard and Columbia all rejected my requests for fee waivers. I did not ask YS as I wasn't applying anyways. Everywhere else offered then via email. They start trickling in pretty soon after your score comes out. Duke will also give it's Priority Track application based on CRS too, I think. It guarantees a 10 day decision. Good way to get a t13 decision out of the way fast and relax if you have good numbers. You might need a transcript on LSAC's record for GPA considerations, but I can't remember if this is true.

And you've ended up at Duke after a long cycle, right? Did you do their Priority Track? I'm getting so nervous, I'm so thirsty for the 170+ LSAT.
Last edited by Walliums on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Yeesh, you guys were busy while I was in meetings... :shock:

I'm not even sure I can reply to everything I wanted to while scrolling and reading.

Allowing LSAC to release my info was so annoying. I had selected the states/regions I was ok with and I'm getting shit from all over the damn country...

I think I'm left of center which is apparently weird being gay and in DC. Some of the screaming lib ones scare the crap out of me as much as the far right that tries to legislate their religion. That's about all I'm contributing to the politics discussion.

heyduchess wrote:What to do after LSAT Score +Vegan

Duchess love your idea, can't get alcohol delivered to my office if it's during the day. I have a fear it'll be released while I'm at work and my office will hear me either scream in terror or triumph because I won't be able to control myself. Maybe I can take my laptop to a quite room, they'll probably still hear me scream...

I was experimenting with being a part-time vegan, was dating one. But that kinda went out the window after he dumped me, I did meatless/Vegan Mondays for a bit but that quickly went out the window because I didn't have the patience to plan and cook a vegan meal during LSAT prep. Thought about purple carrot but couldn't commit to 6 meals a week by myself to give it a try. If you end up in DC let's totally do a potluck!

Guns... Yea, um I have my own thoughts on access since I went to Virginia Tech... Meanwhile I totally would love to learn to shoot a sniper rifle.... or a gun in general....

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm

mwells56 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:FINISH THIS SENTENCE.

When I open my LSAT score email, I'm going to ____________________.

I'll go first: "chase my score with a shot of Espolon."

Have a heart rate so fast that I have to flex every muscle that I have.

Are you guys gunna survive not having hamonic

Love Hammer, great player, great guy. We have young RHD ready to jump to the NHL, one of whom (Ryan Pulock) could be a star. Last year Hamonic was hurt and even when he was in he didn't look like himself, so some people think his value was going down. So long as we use the draft picks we got for him to trade for a 2nd line center (read: Duchene, Galchenyuk) to play behind Tavares, it was a great trade. If not, it didn't make the team any better.

Didn't realize your young guns were ready to go. Really not looking forward to ham being out west. Sounds like kind of a good move tho esp with eberle coming in

principalagent

Silver

Postby principalagent » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Walliums wrote:but I remember thinking at the time that "don't you guys howl every time the feds make you do something you don't want to do because of states rights and don't you think your localities feel the same way about an overreaching state government?"

I have made this exact argument numerous times in the last few months during this legislative session. Texas politics is usually questionable at best, but this year has been pretty wild.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:11 pm

vtdelt wrote:What to do after LSAT Score +Vegan

If you ever need meal prep help, PM me and let me know. My friends have been begging me to make a "Broke Vegan" meal-prep blog for a while now, but law school admissions own my life. (Side note: I once dated a vegetarian - not vegan - and he was the biggest POS I've ever encountered. Also dumped me.)

I think I've decided that if it IS Monday, I'm going to switch my volunteer schedule, go to yoga after work, pray for a text instead of a Postmates, and then go to a massive party downtown. Treat yo'self.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:16 pm

heyduchess wrote:
vtdelt wrote:What to do after LSAT Score +Vegan

If you ever need meal prep help, PM me and let me know. My friends have been begging me to make a "Broke Vegan" meal-prep blog for a while now, but law school admissions own my life. (Side note: I once dated a vegetarian - not vegan - and he was the biggest POS I've ever encountered. Also dumped me.)

I think I've decided that if it IS Monday, I'm going to switch my volunteer schedule, go to yoga after work, pray for a text instead of a Postmates, and then go to a massive party downtown. Treat yo'self.

The hardest thing is giving up cheese, ice cream, and a few other things... Once I'm firmly off LSAT mode I may go back to Meatless Mondays and that would be easier to do for one meal. But I don't think I'd ever fully change, even if in a long term relationship. I'd probably eat more vegan/veg but I'd make my side of meat or whatever for myself. But I may ping you for recipe ideas for a meal here and there.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Postby Jack_Kelly » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:24 pm

I find eating almost nothing but pasta, canned beans/peas, and rice has served me pretty well

Am currently at vet with badly shaking/defecating puppy

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:34 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
My point was that if it's supported by people which it is then it's fine to restrict. I'm willing to bet that the people who are in gun restricted areas are totally fine with the restriction so "government oppression" isn't really a problem there since its acting in interest of people.

Your right to overthrow the government isn't violated by gov saying you can't take guns on college campuses.

Private colleges are free to restrict gun carrying as much as they like.

The constitution protects from the majority, so the majority wanting gun ownership limited doesn't make it constitutional.

Also, I will be living in a major city with strict gun control in the near future because that's where I will have to be to work, and I most certainly will not be okay living in a left wing fascist area that restricts my rights just as much as I don't currently like living in my right wing fascist state. We just need to legalize freedom

See, this right here is why I have trouble with libertarianism (not sure if you consider yourself a big or little l). In a perfect world, it would be nice to legalize "freedom" (or I am guessing you are referring to freedom to choose to do whatever you wish). But we don't live in a perfect world -- we live in one where people exercise their freedoms and infringe on others freedoms at the same time.

The only criminal acts should be those that directly harm another person's life, liberty, or property, with health included under this umbrella.

+180

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:I find eating almost nothing but pasta, canned beans/peas, and rice has served me pretty well

Other people: Try Keto!

Me: But... but... carbs.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:35 pm

[+] Spoiler

He's very deceptive....

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:39 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:I find eating almost nothing but pasta, canned beans/peas, and rice has served me pretty well

Other people: Try Keto!

Me: But... but... carbs.

180. Love those carbs. They've been the major mitigating factor in my weight loss. Still fucking 175. I should be 160 but I'm tall and big boned. :wink:

mwells56

Silver

Postby mwells56 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:FINISH THIS SENTENCE.

When I open my LSAT score email, I'm going to ____________________.

I'll go first: "chase my score with a shot of Espolon."

Have a heart rate so fast that I have to flex every muscle that I have.

Are you guys gunna survive not having hamonic

Love Hammer, great player, great guy. We have young RHD ready to jump to the NHL, one of whom (Ryan Pulock) could be a star. Last year Hamonic was hurt and even when he was in he didn't look like himself, so some people think his value was going down. So long as we use the draft picks we got for him to trade for a 2nd line center (read: Duchene, Galchenyuk) to play behind Tavares, it was a great trade. If not, it didn't make the team any better.

Didn't realize your young guns were ready to go. Really not looking forward to ham being out west. Sounds like kind of a good move tho esp with eberle coming in

Who you root for?

Super pumped about Eberle. Him and JT are boys and had success at the World Juniors. I think they had something like 28 points combined in like 6 games that year. But we're in desperate need of a 2C. We got a kid named Matt Barzal who's decimated the WHL but he's only 19-20, so who knows? We need someone to fill the spot. Everyone wants us to get Duchene but Sakic is being spoiled and wants the world for him.

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:50 pm

I was completely zen about waiting for my score. Until today. I have a horrible cold and fever. I can no longer tolerate waiting and have checked my LSAC account and this board 500 times. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?