June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
5%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 140

dm1683

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby dm1683 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:55 pm

Platopus wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote: Also, everyone keeps mentioning heavy isotopes. I picked an answer right away on that one, and didn't think anything of it. Me thinks I chose the sucker choice.

Same here, I thought maybe 2-3 questions on both LR combined were difficult, everything seemed to jump off the page at me, so I'm also predicting I totally missed something.

Or maybe they jumped off the page at you because you're smart and they were the answers. :roll:

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Just wondering, how would schools judge you if you cancel your score? Yay or nay?

augustyyy

New

Postby augustyyy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:07 pm

okay so when do you guys think we will get our score back?

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:08 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:Just wondering, how would schools judge you if you cancel your score? Yay or nay?

Don't cancel. You did fine.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:10 pm

Platopus wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:Just wondering, how would schools judge you if you cancel your score? Yay or nay?

No one from the June test thread should cancel, we were all doing real well.

And if lynn should cancel, then I definitely should :D

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Who had drunk the most tonight

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:14 pm

dj9i27 wrote:one to ten how hard was the test? I need to know how bad I messed up for postponing

It was average difficulty. Great test if you're bad at LG. Easily the easiest LG section in the past 20.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Who had drunk the most tonight

I've had a mouthful of Maker's before getting food with my roomie and his BF to celebrate my finishing the test. 2 beers with dinner... They have to work and I feel like an alcoholic drinking alone... I didn't make Blackfinn with the DC peeps but if anyone is in DC, wants to drink more, and is near 17th St NW in Dupont PM me and let's find a bar!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Platopus wrote:Really disappointed to find out which RC was real for me, damn. Shit was brutal. LR and LG was super easy though, so hopefully I can make up for it. RC was just a bear though.

Bro I feel you. I was banking on my first RC being fake. Then there wasn't a second one :shock: :shock:

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Platopus wrote:Really disappointed to find out which RC was real for me, damn. Shit was brutal. LR and LG was super easy though, so hopefully I can make up for it. RC was just a bear though.

Bro I feel you. I was banking on my first RC being fake. Then there wasn't a second one :shock: :shock:

I was very relieved to have a 2nd, only to have my HYS dreams crushed in this thread by finding out my 1st one was real...

NavyNuke

Bronze

Postby NavyNuke » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Platopus wrote:

I was very relieved to have a 2nd, only to have my HYS dreams crushed in this thread by finding out my 1st one was real...

I'm all for freaking out post LSAT (it's kind of our thing here at TLS), but let's be real. We both probably did just fine. Given performance on past tests that I feel were analogous in difficulty, I think I earned somewhere between 170-172 for my performance today. Anything above that would be peachy, and anything below 170 will make me sad.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:39 pm

I just wanted to share that I didn't finish my writing section. Was halfway through my last sentence that honestly I didn't need when time was called. Should have risked it and crossed it out.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Walliums wrote:I just wanted to share that I didn't finish my writing section. Was halfway through my last sentence that honestly I didn't need when time was called. Should have risked it and crossed it out.

People take the entire time for the writing section :shock:

I wrote a couple paragraphs and called it a day. Also anyone who is in favor of tollbooths is dead wrong

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 pm

As much as I would like it to be me, I only have had half a bottle of wine while watching last week's episode of the bachelorette, and now I'm playing video games. Not looking forward to work tomorrow...

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Walliums wrote:I just wanted to share that I didn't finish my writing section. Was halfway through my last sentence that honestly I didn't need when time was called. Should have risked it and crossed it out.

I wrote a couple paragraphs and called it a day. Also anyone who is in favor of tollbooths is dead wrong

TBH I was taking my time luxuriously and really planning out what all I was going to say. I like to have a clear voice in my head before I write

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Also you don't know what you are talking about toll roads are amazing. Get dat EZ-tag or pay-by-mail toll and it's no hassle at all.

zkyggi

Bronze

Postby zkyggi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
Platopus wrote:

I almost shouted "YES!" when I turned the page to see another games section after bombing the first one I saw.

I definitely verbalized my excitement...
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Wrote your basic 5 paragraph essay, with just enough substance to ensure that it was obvious I at least read the prompt and wrote down something relevant.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Walliums wrote:

TBH I was taking my time luxuriously and really planning out what all I was going to say. I like to have a clear voice in my head before I write

Haha I did that the first time I took. Think I'm just jaded now. I approached it similar to my LG style - run 'n gun

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Platopus wrote:

I'm all for freaking out post LSAT (it's kind of our thing here at TLS), but let's be real. We both probably did just fine. Given performance on past tests that I feel were analogous in difficulty, I think I earned somewhere between 170-172 for my performance today. Anything above that would be peachy, and anything below 170 will make me sad.

Idk, I'd be surprised if I scored within my range. I either aced it or bombed it. Very doubtful I scored anything 170-174.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Walliums wrote:

As much as I would like it to be me, I only have had half a bottle of wine while watching last week's episode of the bachelorette, and now I'm playing video games. Not looking forward to work tomorrow...

Lol

It's not me either I'm weak

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Literally my proctor was like if you both finish early please let me know because there's a class that's supposed to be in here about 10 minutes before your time ends and I really want to GTFO...

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 pm

zkyggi wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:
Platopus wrote:

I almost shouted "YES!" when I turned the page to see another games section after bombing the first one I saw.

I definitely verbalized my excitement...

I noticeably jumped in my chair at the 2nd RC section, but for no good reason....

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Platopus wrote:

No one from the June test thread should cancel, we were all doing real well.

And if lynn should cancel, then I definitely should :D

Haha Jimmy, you nailed the test. But thanks for the assurance :) I didn't blacken 2 questions for LR (the 25Q one), which is making me really, really worried.

Btw today I learned that toll and highway are different things in the US. Back in my country, we think it's the same thing hahaha.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?