June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
7
5%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 140

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:09 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Platopus wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:Is anyone else here involved politically? Just anecdotally, it seems like eager potential law students are drawn to political orgs. I was a Hill intern in college, did some volunteering for the Clinton campaign, and now I volunteer with Battleground Texas and my local Democratic Party. I have some concern that having such an explicit political bend might taint my app in the eyes of some adcomms, but given the liberal leaning nature of most law it probably isn't much to worry about. I can probably rule out a Gorsuch clerkship in a few years though.


Shouldn't really be a problem, unless you come across as one of those naive "I want to be a lawyer so I can get into politics" type. You're correct, most law schools are pretty liberal, and even so, I doubt your political orientation would be the issue, it's really a matter of coming across as either 1) arrogant or 2) naive.

I have 0 interest in getting involved in politics myself, it's almost more of a hobby. I have four PS ideas, and none include political activism for fear of being either of the two things you mentioned.


Then you are on the right track, my friend.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Will be compulsively checking this tread tomorrow for any sign of movement. I have next week off work, so motivation is really low to get anything serious done. Will probably just put out dumpster fires as they come in, but that's it.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Platopus wrote:Will be compulsively checking this tread tomorrow for any sign of movement. I have next week off work, so motivation is really low to get anything serious done. Will probably just put out dumpster fires as they come in, but that's it.

Is the consensus that tomorrow is the first day there is a realistic chance of getting scores back?

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:Will be compulsively checking this tread tomorrow for any sign of movement. I have next week off work, so motivation is really low to get anything serious done. Will probably just put out dumpster fires as they come in, but that's it.

Is the consensus that tomorrow is the first day there is a realistic chance of getting scores back?


Consensus, no. Will i check compulsively anyway, yes.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:51 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
Wait, what, where and when is this? This is super helpful Jimmy--thanks!


July 22nd at the omni shoreham
2500 Calvert Street NW
Washington, DC 20008

If you search to LSAC forum DC it should get you a link to the registration page


Meanwhile, THREAD MEETUP with the number of people considering and in the area! Just to make DM jealous :-p

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:27 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:Is anyone else here involved politically? Just anecdotally, it seems like eager potential law students are drawn to political orgs. I was a Hill intern in college, did some volunteering for the Clinton campaign, and now I volunteer with Battleground Texas and my local Democratic Party. I have some concern that having such an explicit political bend might taint my app in the eyes of some adcomms, but given the liberal leaning nature of most law it probably isn't much to worry about. I can probably rule out a Gorsuch clerkship in a few years though.

I volunteered for Romney in 2012, an issue based Super PAC in 2014, Rand Paul and then later Gary Johnson in 2016. I'm also the President of our political science honors society and did some state level grant lobbying with a fellowship. So yeah, pretty political.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:35 am

While we're on the subject of politics, anyone else right of center? Or am I alone?

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:18 am

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
it's allgood

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby it's allgood » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:18 am

dm1683 wrote:Does everyone in this damn thread live near DC? every time I hear something about a meetup or event it's in DC.


Not me. On west coast.

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:49 am

QueenBAYder wrote:In case anyone was wondering,
From powerscore, the times when icons went GREY for the last several tests:
June 2015: 6:11 pm
October 2015: 6:39 pm
December 2015: 4:32 pm
February 2016: 4:33 pm
June 2016: 4:35 pm
September 2016: 4:27 pm
December 2016: 4:29 pm
February 2017: 4:56 pm


At least I won't be at work when I get my score

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:51 am

.
Last edited by Walliums on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 am

.
Last edited by Walliums on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:34 am

What is Aleppo?

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby principalagent » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:41 am

Walliums wrote:
Got excited when I saw Houston, less so when I saw the date. Thirsty for those fee waivers


Yeah, in my mind, late October / early November is getting too late in the season, but technically that's still early and before ED deadlines.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:50 am

chargers21 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:While we're on the subject of politics, anyone else right of center? Or am I alone?

ooooooh boy you will be ripped to shreds in the off-topics if you make it there. A fellow C/O 2020 poster, bwaldorf, is certainly right of center. She has been harassed a bit for that because this site is super liberal. I personally am a small "l" libertarian. I usually vote left because of my social liberalness. I vote libertarian when it's an option, even though some of the platforms for the party are whacky. but otherwise often vote Dem. I vote for some repubs in the local elections because everyone in my area is pretty far right regardless of party affiliation.

Libertarians also get ripped to shreds on here. #TaxationIsTheft #DefendThe2nd #LegalizeFreedom

I voted for Gary in 2016

I'm actually a registered Libertarian, even though the party is whack. I was with the GOP but the whole Trump nonsense made it clear that small l libertarians aren't really welcome anymore. If there isn't a Libertarian on the ticket (or they are absolutely insane) I tend to vote Republican more often then Democrat since economic issues are more important to me, but I'll vote for a centrist Dem if the Republican is some religious right/alt right nutjob. #TaxationIsTheft

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:52 am

Walliums wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:While we're on the subject of politics, anyone else right of center? Or am I alone?

ooooooh boy you will be ripped to shreds in the off-topics if you make it there. A fellow C/O 2020 poster, bwaldorf, is certainly right of center. She has been harassed a bit for that because this site is super liberal. I personally am a small "l" libertarian. I usually vote left because of my social liberalness. I vote libertarian when it's an option, even though some of the platforms for the party are whacky. but otherwise often vote Dem. I vote for some repubs in the local elections because everyone in my area is pretty far right regardless of party affiliation.

Libertarians also get ripped to shreds on here. #TaxationIsTheft #DefendThe2nd #LegalizeFreedom

I voted for Gary in 2016


I find it slightly ironic that a super liberal site likes to shit on another liberal hivemind (Reddit)

I think its mostly because /r/LSAT is full of sub 160s scrubs.

User avatar
QueenBAYder

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby QueenBAYder » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:54 am

Platopus wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:Will be compulsively checking this tread tomorrow for any sign of movement. I have next week off work, so motivation is really low to get anything serious done. Will probably just put out dumpster fires as they come in, but that's it.

Is the consensus that tomorrow is the first day there is a realistic chance of getting scores back?


Consensus, no. Will i check compulsively anyway, yes.

Story of my life since 6/12 tbh...

saf18hornet

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby saf18hornet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:16 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:While we're on the subject of politics, anyone else right of center? Or am I alone?


I'm right, closer to center than most of my area, but still pretty far right. In general, I think we need to let the states and even smaller local bodies have more control and get the federal gov't out of it.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:20 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:While we're on the subject of politics, anyone else right of center? Or am I alone?


Right to right-center. Mostly because of ideological/moral differences between myself and beliefs that come from what I believe about the world vs the left.

There are probably a few of us around here, we just tend to be quieter about our political leanings due to how numerous/outspoken the other side is. For me, I mostly don't engage in those sorts of discussions/arguments, because I've found they tend to work out *exactly* the same online as they do in person - no one changes their mind because everyone has already decided what/how they're going to believe/lean, so the argument typically does nothing more than make some people angry cause unneeded tension among otherwise-similar people.

tuatarian

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby tuatarian » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:37 am

From LSAC Twitter: "LSAC will be closed Mon. July 3 and Tues. July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. This will not affect our websites. Have a great holiday!"

So do we think this means it's unlikely they will release scores on the 3rd?

Given this info I'm tempted to believe we won't hear back until the 5 because telling us before a 4-day weekend would likely be a disaster for them.

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Jack_Kelly » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:39 am

tuatarian wrote:From LSAC Twitter: "LSAC will be closed Mon. July 3 and Tues. July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. This will not affect our websites. Have a great holiday!"

So do we think this means it's unlikely they will release scores on the 3rd?

Given this info I'm tempted to believe we won't hear back until the 5 because telling us before a 4-day weekend would likely be a disaster for them.

They apparently still release scores while closed

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:39 am

tuatarian wrote:From LSAC Twitter: "LSAC will be closed Mon. July 3 and Tues. July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. This will not affect our websites. Have a great holiday!"

So do we think this means it's unlikely they will release scores on the 3rd?

Given this info I'm tempted to believe we won't hear back until the 5 because telling us before a 4-day weekend would likely be a disaster for them.

Alternatively, they don't have to answer phone calls from people complaining/freaking out

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:43 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
tuatarian wrote:From LSAC Twitter: "LSAC will be closed Mon. July 3 and Tues. July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. This will not affect our websites. Have a great holiday!"

So do we think this means it's unlikely they will release scores on the 3rd?

Given this info I'm tempted to believe we won't hear back until the 5 because telling us before a 4-day weekend would likely be a disaster for them.

Alternatively, they don't have to answer phone calls from people complaining/freaking out


I like this line of thought. "We're closing the 3rd and 4th so we can release them Friday after 5 and not have to deal with them until Thursday next week"

User avatar
QueenBAYder

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby QueenBAYder » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:43 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
tuatarian wrote:From LSAC Twitter: "LSAC will be closed Mon. July 3 and Tues. July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. This will not affect our websites. Have a great holiday!"

So do we think this means it's unlikely they will release scores on the 3rd?

Given this info I'm tempted to believe we won't hear back until the 5 because telling us before a 4-day weekend would likely be a disaster for them.

Alternatively, they don't have to answer phone calls from people complaining/freaking out

Maybe wishful thinking but I feel like this points to scores coming out tomorrow or Friday. What do you say Future Ex-Engineer? Does this change your odds at all?

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Postby Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:44 am

.
Last edited by Walliums on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests