June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
7
5%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 140

User avatar
LesPaul1995

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby LesPaul1995 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Platopus wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
zkyggi wrote:Finally done.

I had an experimental LG for my second section and damn near resigned myself to a retake. Luckily, the real LG was mind-numbingly easy compar d to the experimental. LR was good, I had enough time to take a bathroom break after finishing and come back with 2 mins left. RC is a toss up for me; could be a -0 or a -8 and I wouldn't be surprised.

Right now, anything above a 165 seems fair game. This wait will be brutal, but I'm glad it is over (for the time being).


Me too. I didn't have any questions where I was like "I know i'm getting this wrong" but there definitely were a few iffy ones. Especially in the second passage.

There's no way you got 165 my friend. You were PTing at like 176 or something and you had like 7 section tests in there.
Overall it's pretty clear we're both overthinking and doubting our RC too much. Pretty standard for after tests. I think we'll be fine - you'll get your 177, I'll get my 173, and we'll be on our way to the t6! :D :D :D


Yeah, same here, everything on RC just felt "uncertain", whereas I'm pretty sure I killed my RC experimental... I wouldn't be surprised if I scored either a 158 or a 178, I'd be really surprised if I scored 172-174


Ditto on the latter. I have been PTing 177-180 for the past 10+ tests and I feel like I could have scored a 160 or a 180. So strange to me.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby principalagent » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:The worst thing for me is RC can be either -1 or -8

Seems 'to be the consensus around here that performance on RC is uncertain. For me I know a couple answers were iffy, but I should come out OK.


I keep feeling insecure, but then I remember that when I did the section I was able to find support for most Qs....


I feel the same way. Sometimes I just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on RC questions, but I was able to tie most things back this time - and it saved my ass on a couple questions

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby dm1683 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
Platopus wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
zkyggi wrote:Finally done.

I had an experimental LG for my second section and damn near resigned myself to a retake. Luckily, the real LG was mind-numbingly easy compar d to the experimental. LR was good, I had enough time to take a bathroom break after finishing and come back with 2 mins left. RC is a toss up for me; could be a -0 or a -8 and I wouldn't be surprised.

Right now, anything above a 165 seems fair game. This wait will be brutal, but I'm glad it is over (for the time being).


Me too. I didn't have any questions where I was like "I know i'm getting this wrong" but there definitely were a few iffy ones. Especially in the second passage.

There's no way you got 165 my friend. You were PTing at like 176 or something and you had like 7 section tests in there.
Overall it's pretty clear we're both overthinking and doubting our RC too much. Pretty standard for after tests. I think we'll be fine - you'll get your 177, I'll get my 173, and we'll be on our way to the t6! :D :D :D


Yeah, same here, everything on RC just felt "uncertain", whereas I'm pretty sure I killed my RC experimental... I wouldn't be surprised if I scored either a 158 or a 178, I'd be really surprised if I scored 172-174


Ditto on the latter. I have been PTing 177-180 for the past 10+ tests and I feel like I could have scored a 160 or a 180. So strange to me.


It all hinges on RC...LG I did as well as I ever have, most likely -0, maybe -1. LR couldn't have been more than -3 or 4 combined. RC determines it all.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:The worst thing for me is RC can be either -1 or -8

Seems 'to be the consensus around here that performance on RC is uncertain. For me I know a couple answers were iffy, but I should come out OK.


I keep feeling insecure, but then I remember that when I did the section I was able to find support for most Qs....

I'm feeling similar about LG. I wasn't able to "prove" 3 on the last game but I had a strong intuition that one question was right on each of them, and I'm usually pretty accurate on those questions. Still could have realistically gone -0 and with how I feel LR and RC went, I'd be golden with that.

User avatar
zkyggi

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:14 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby zkyggi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:31 pm

dm1683 wrote:
zkyggi wrote:Finally done.

I had an experimental LG for my second section and damn near resigned myself to a retake. Luckily, the real LG was mind-numbingly easy compar d to the experimental. LR was good, I had enough time to take a bathroom break after finishing and come back with 2 mins left. RC is a toss up for me; could be a -0 or a -8 and I wouldn't be surprised.

Right now, anything above a 165 seems fair game. This wait will be brutal, but I'm glad it is over (for the time being).


Me too. I didn't have any questions where I was like "I know i'm getting this wrong" but there definitely were a few iffy ones. Especially in the second passage.

There's no way you got 165 my friend. You were PTing at like 176 or something and you had like 7 section tests in there.
Overall it's pretty clear we're both overthinking and doubting our RC too much. Pretty standard for after tests. I think we'll be fine - you'll get your 177, I'll get my 173, and we'll be on our way to the t6! :D :D :D


Every part of me wants to believe you are right. I hate feeling this was about a section. I would rather have aced or bombed it. That way, I could obsess over other parts of the test lol
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calmike

Bronze
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby calmike » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:33 pm

So what do we do now?

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:34 pm

calmike wrote:So what do we do now?


Self loath our RC performance

Larrymitchell808

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 9:03 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Larrymitchell808 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:35 pm

calmike wrote:So what do we do now?

Get drunk or post about what we hope our scores gna be :lol:

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:35 pm

calmike wrote:So what do we do now?

Drink

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
calmike wrote:So what do we do now?

Drink


Drink, Drank, Drunk. Literally had my first sip of alcohol in 2 weeks within 10 minutes of getting home since I had to drive. Oscillating between, "PARTAY" because I took off tomorrow and ok have another shot, take a shower, and PTFO.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
calmike wrote:So what do we do now?

Drink


Like this:
Image


Not like this

Image
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Platopus wrote:
calmike wrote:So what do we do now?


Self loath our RC performance



+180

earthness2000

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby earthness2000 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Is there any discord up for people who just took the test? Looking to unwind tonight

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby mwells56 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Looks like everyone has more/less same feelings as me. Games super easy. I thought for LR the 26 question one was average and the 25 question one had like 4/5 really hard ones but the rest was straightforward. I thought RC was really hard but everything I put was at least semi-grounded in something. Didn't guess on a single question the whole test which I guess is a plus?

I'm hoping my breakdown looks something like LG -0/-1 (I almost always make one dumb error), RC -5, LR1 -1, LR2 -4 with a -10/-11 curve for a straight up 170. RC and LR2 are wild cards though; just as easily could've been -8 as -3 on each. Oy.

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby mwells56 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Looks like everyone has more/less same feelings as me. Games super easy. I thought for LR the 26 question one was average and the 25 question one had like 4/5 really hard ones but the rest was straightforward. I thought RC was really hard but everything I put was at least semi-grounded in something. Didn't guess on a single question the whole test which I guess is a plus?

I'm hoping my breakdown looks something like LG -0/-1 (I almost always make one dumb error), RC -5, LR1 -1, LR2 -4 with a -10/-11 curve for a straight up 170. RC and LR2 are wild cards though; just as easily could've been -8 as -3 on each. Oy.

User avatar
Typing Puppy

Silver
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Typing Puppy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Hi friends

Congrats on being done!

A girl in my testing room passed out in the middle of section 2 and the proctors had to call 911. She almost fell out of her chair. So that was slightly distracting...

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:45 pm

calmike wrote:So what do we do now?

Get riggity riggity wrecked son!


Then get working on that personal statement and why X essays!

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Typing Puppy wrote:Hi friends

Congrats on being done!

A girl in my testing room passed out in the middle of section 2 and the proctors had to call 911. She almost fell out of her chair. So that was slightly distracting...

amta wrote:call in

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
calmike wrote:So what do we do now?

Get riggity riggity wrecked son!


Then get working on that personal statement and why X essays!


I'm watching you



On TV

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
calmike wrote:So what do we do now?

Get riggity riggity wrecked son!


Then get working on that personal statement and why X essays!


I'm watching you



On TV

Oh shit I'm on TV tonight. I'm too schwifty for BCS, too good of a show to watch drunk. South Park and Rick and Morty tonight.

User avatar
HenryHankPalmer

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:47 pm

dm1683 wrote:
mmorrell94 wrote:Thought it was kind of easy, which makes me nervous because I've never thought that so the curve is probably going to wreck me :(

had like 12 mins left going into the last LG and thought it was going to be something crazy, then it was just a grouping game? wtf?



Exactly my thoughts. I feel like I owned that shit but it just seemed like an easier test overall. Only super tough LR question was one about anti-auto theft devices. Was that real or experimental? Either way it was incomprehensible. RC was challenging but not crazy. Easier LG than I could have dreamed of.

Predicting -9 curve. I'm almost certain I beat my PT average though.

That was experimental. I had an experimental RC, a 26 section LR, and the heavy isotope 25 question LR. LG seemed very easy, but I can't shake the feeling that I did poorly on it for some reason. Also, everyone keeps mentioning heavy isotopes. I picked an answer right away on that one, and didn't think anything of it. Me thinks I chose the sucker choice.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:49 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote: Also, everyone keeps mentioning heavy isotopes. I picked an answer right away on that one, and didn't think anything of it. Me thinks I chose the sucker choice.


Same here, I thought maybe 2-3 questions on both LR combined were difficult, everything seemed to jump off the page at me, so I'm also predicting I totally missed something.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
calmike wrote:So what do we do now?

Get riggity riggity wrecked son!


Then get working on that personal statement and why X essays!


I'm watching you



On TV

Oh shit I'm on TV tonight. I'm too schwifty for BCS, too good of a show to watch drunk. South Park and Rick and Morty tonight.


I'm forcing the GF to watch season 2 so I can watch 3 lol



Those are top tier drunk shows tho

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Typing Puppy wrote:Hi friends

Congrats on being done!

A girl in my testing room passed out in the middle of section 2 and the proctors had to call 911. She almost fell out of her chair. So that was slightly distracting...

Wow what a cute tar

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Cooley is a good school, right?



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests