June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:15 am

Mikey wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:People sometimes come to me with questions about the law, like sorry dawg I know nothing at all, the LSAT isn't what you think it is.

I've had people ask me if the LSAT was about law before :lol:

All I said was that the closest thing to law is law RC passages, but that those are jokes compared to actual law lmaooo.

A couple of my friends were discussing some murder trial and asking me what type of crimes the person on trial could be convicted of lol. They said "shouldn't you know this kind of stuff?"

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:50 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mikey wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:People sometimes come to me with questions about the law, like sorry dawg I know nothing at all, the LSAT isn't what you think it is.

I've had people ask me if the LSAT was about law before :lol:

All I said was that the closest thing to law is law RC passages, but that those are jokes compared to actual law lmaooo.

A couple of my friends were discussing some murder trial and asking me what type of crimes the person on trial could be convicted of lol. They said "shouldn't you know this kind of stuff?"

ugh, I've had something like that similar happen lol.

like.. do people just not think for a second? we haven't been through LS yet, so how the hell are we supposed to know that type of shit.. whenever people ask me what the LSAT is, I just say it's a logic test and I leave it at that lol.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:07 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:Has anyone started thinking/writing their PS?

I have. How short is too short? Mine ended not much over 550 words. I'm pretty happy with it, but a little worried about length.

I've narrowed mine down to three topics and I'm letting my law school friends vote now.

I would write about the topic you enjoy most - worked for me. I scrapped 3 drafts and I finally said I'm going to write about the one I enjoy most and it was the best.

That's the thing... They're all super different. One is more emotional. One is a little cheekier. Another is more adventurous. I just can't pick!

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Postby LesPaul1995 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:23 pm

heyduchess wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:Has anyone started thinking/writing their PS?

I have. How short is too short? Mine ended not much over 550 words. I'm pretty happy with it, but a little worried about length.

I've narrowed mine down to three topics and I'm letting my law school friends vote now.

I would write about the topic you enjoy most - worked for me. I scrapped 3 drafts and I finally said I'm going to write about the one I enjoy most and it was the best.

That's the thing... They're all super different. One is more emotional. One is a little cheekier. Another is more adventurous. I just can't pick!

I had different directions like that too, and instead of choosing between them, I incorporated them into one.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
principalagent wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Welp I found it, there goes my night.

Can you PM the link? This sounds great.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0&t=205644

Supposedly there was a fallout thread with all kinds of drama. Sadly it has been deleted.

Different flavor of juice, but "areyouinsane" had some fucking hilariously dark posts about working shit law in NYC/Jersey

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:Calling it - scores will be released July 5th

So you're only like two weeks late. That's what most everyone has been thinking for a while

I'm predicting a June 26th surprise. Vegas bookies have it at 10,000 : 1, so if I'm right, my $20 bet is paying off and I'm not even going to lawl school

Where's my surprise? Come on, LSAC.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:08 pm

I say we get our scores by the end of the week. Not basing this on anything at all, just throwing it out there.

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:16 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I say we get our scores by the end of the week. Not basing this on anything at all, just throwing it out there.

Hey man, my aunt swears by that book The Secret. You need to put your vibes into the universe or whatever.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:44 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I say we get our scores by the end of the week. Not basing this on anything at all, just throwing it out there.

I'm thinking the same, Just based on when past LSAT scores have been released. I was thinking Friday but maybe Thursday? It looks like its not unusual for June scores to only take 17 or 18 days to be released. Here's hoping...

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:03 pm

This turnaround feels wayyyy faster than before which is nice

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 pm

I don't think we'll hear anything before next Monday.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I don't think we'll hear anything before next Monday.

I think it's next Monday, too.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:22 pm

Rumor mills need to stop messing around with this "Kennedy is retiring!" crap.

Plz. Stop. My heart can't handle losing Kennedy.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:33 pm

heyduchess wrote:Rumor mills need to stop messing around with this "Kennedy is retiring!" crap.

Kennedy is a good Justice, it really would be a shame if he retired. Trump did well with Gorsuch (I'm a fan of Textualism) but I'm wary that he can come up with another solid appointment. I'd prefer to get rid of Darth Vader before Kennedy and replace her with Ted Cruz just for all the drama it would cause. Part of me thinks the Senate would unanimously confirm him just so they can move him across the street.

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
heyduchess wrote:Rumor mills need to stop messing around with this "Kennedy is retiring!" crap.

Kennedy is a good Justice, it really would be a shame if he retired. Trump did well with Gorsuch (I'm a fan of Textualism) but I'm wary that he can come up with another solid appointment. I'd prefer to get rid of Darth Vader before Kennedy and replace her with Ted Cruz just for all the drama it would cause. Part of me thinks the Senate would unanimously confirm him just so they can move him across the street.

... There is a lot going on in this post

DeanAmbrosexYFNLucci

New

Postby DeanAmbrosexYFNLucci » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I don't think we'll hear anything before next Monday.

Former Lurker First time poster... I think the LSAC folks want to be drunk this weekend like the rest of the nation.I'm calling it Friday

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:34 pm

My PS will be an elaborate plan on getting into GULC, wooing Tiffany Trump, and infiltrating the Trump presidency from the inside. Once I'm in, I'll persuade Trump to do the things I would do (how hard can that be), and act as a president by proxy. Once he starts getting credit for doing these things, I'll leak that it was actually me the whole time and enjoy my 15 minutes of fame. I'll then write a book about it and perhaps get a movie deal and enjoy those residuals for the rest of my life. That, my friends, is my career plan.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA The Ted Cruz theory is so solid. And he had solid picks outside of Gorsuch before. TBH nobody Trump could pick will ever be as bad as Clarence Thomas...

I just hope Breyer stays for the rest of eternity. I love him.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:36 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:My PS will be an elaborate plan on getting into GULC, wooing Tiffany Trump, and infiltrating the Trump presidency from the inside. Once I'm in, I'll persuade Trump to do the things I would do (how hard can that be), and act as a president by proxy. Once he starts getting credit for doing these things, I'll leak that it was actually me the whole time and enjoy my 15 minutes of fame. I'll then write a book about it and perhaps get a movie deal and enjoy those residuals for the rest of my life. That, my friends, is my career plan.

Great plan, Jared.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Help I'm at the gym and I'm bored

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:43 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Great plan, Jared.

It's not about who does it first, it's about who does it better *sassy hand flip emoji*

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:47 pm

coskigirl wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I booked a cruise from Puerto Rico for score release day

I leave for a ski trip to Chile on August 16 and really hope I don't have to take study materials with me. Next weekend I head to Steamboat Springs for mountain biking and to visit my mom. It will either be a distraction from the wait, a celebration of a year of fun before starting school, or a mourning and last blast before buckling down again.

I'm not studying for September yet as I know myself well enough that I know I need a mental break and more physical activity to get me in the right frame of mind for round two if necessary.

My goals are lower than most of you but my path is pretty well set with 1 primary school option, a company that will employ me throughout school and pay for a portion or school, a boss that wants me to do this with the thought that I'll take his role as US counsel for a U.K. based holding company when he retires, an already secured externahip etc. But when you have several people in your company, including members of the board of directors, watching there's some pressure.

Dude that's sick live always wanted to get some South American skiing in. Is it hard to get to the resorts?

From what I've read, if you're trying to practice in CO then local schools are the way to go so it sounds like your path is the best one to take!

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:53 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:

I'm thinking the same, Just based on when past LSAT scores have been released. I was thinking Friday but maybe Thursday? It looks like its not unusual for June scores to only take 17 or 18 days to be released. Here's hoping...

I was hoping it would be released after July 4 so that I could enjoy one last weekend of peace before the storm comes again. Summer weather is wayyy too nice to be spent studying for LSAT. Just the thought of having to retake makes me want to curl up in the corner and cry :cry:

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

I am not a fan of what I'm hearing on his dissent for birth certificates...

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA The Ted Cruz theory is so solid. And he had solid picks outside of Gorsuch before. TBH nobody Trump could pick will ever be as bad as Clarence Thomas...

I just hope Breyer stays for the rest of eternity. I love him.

My fear this time is that Trump won't be confined to the "list" he promised to voters this time around. I'm decently right wind and was a big Scalia fan, and I 100% agree that Thomas is just awful. He never has any real reason for his rulings.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?