June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
5%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 140

Experiment626

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:55 pm

It's so quiet in here today... Was there an offline group trip planned that I wasn't aware of?

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:11 pm

vtdelt wrote:It's so quiet in here today... Was there an offline group trip planned that I wasn't aware of?

It's two weeks from score release, so the next wave of panic is setting in.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:20 pm

I had a wild dream where Jay-Z and Jeff Garlin were forcing men into sex slavery in swanky NYC parties.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:31 pm

rowdy wrote:
vtdelt wrote:It's so quiet in here today... Was there an offline group trip planned that I wasn't aware of?

I must have started that panic by admitting I registered for December, for other reasons, last night.

King of the North

Bronze

Postby King of the North » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Not to hijack this thread but it seems like you guys are willing to talk about anything with anyone lol, so I'm going to take advantage of that and ask a question or two.

Is applying in Dec. fine? Because I've been studying for a month and Dec. is when I plan on taking the test. That's not going to be "late" or a hindrance on my chance to get into schools/scholarships will it? Assuming, obviously, that my numbers and application check out fine.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:46 pm

King of the North wrote:Not to hijack this thread but it seems like you guys are willing to talk about anything with anyone lol, so I'm going to take advantage of that and ask a question or two.

Is applying in Dec. fine? Because I've been studying for a month and Dec. is when I plan on taking the test. That's not going to be "late" or a hindrance on my chance to get into schools/scholarships will it? Assuming, obviously, that my numbers and application check out fine.

From what I understand, the earlier you apply the better, but December isn't considered "late." Surely, it's better to apply in December with a good LSAT than in October with a subpar score. I'm no expert, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:50 pm

King of the North wrote:Not to hijack this thread but it seems like you guys are willing to talk about anything with anyone lol, so I'm going to take advantage of that and ask a question or two.

Dec scores come out in January. I would consider that late, seeing as how you would completely miss out on the opportunity to apply for something like Northwestern's ED program which gives a 150k scholly. It won't kill a good app by any means, just not the most ideal timing

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:57 pm

chargers21 wrote:

Dec scores come out in January. I would consider that late, seeing as how you would completely miss out on the opportunity to apply for something like Northwestern's ED program which gives a 150k scholly. It won't kill a good app by any means, just not the most ideal timing

I'm definitely applying for that ED and can't retake in September because of my wedding. It would be much more convenient if they had a September and a November...

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:59 pm

rowdy wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

I'm definitely applying for that ED and can't retake in September because of my wedding. It would be much more convenient if they had a September and a November...

Supposedly next year with the extra test dates they're adding...

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:34 pm

vtdelt wrote:
rowdy wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

Yepp, I believe next year will have a November test. And while the NU ED is great for certain numbers, don't do it if you have like a 4.0 174 or anything. It's better for splitters

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Postby HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:35 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I had a wild dream where Jay-Z and Jeff Garlin were forcing men into sex slavery in swanky NYC parties.

When you read too much Bret Easton Ellis

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Postby DorkothyParker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:43 pm

My Fitbit has my resting heart rate up to 63/64 these past couple weeks. Law school is already bad for my health.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:49 pm

vtdelt wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:
Beginning to feel like this three week wait is part of some large social experiment that LSAC has been running for decades...I'm interested in speaking with the IRB

Sadly, the blog on turnaround time for scores that was posted earlier dully disputes this...

Edit: fully not dully. -_-

:/ Finding it so hard to re-study LSAT again... It'll be a nightmarish 2-3 months all over again. What little knowledge I retain from LSAT has evaporated already.

At least you're doing it in Sept. I have now until December to look forward to...

Edit: Clarifying on why I registered for December. This has nothing to do with how I feel about my June test but more of a strategic choice in applications. I know I can do better with a longer prep time and I'd rather bite the bullet, secure a spot in a good test center, and start prepping to get a higher score to be more attractive to schools ranked higher than my goal schools for leverage in negotiations.

On the bright side, you can enjoy DC more fully in the summer and take full advantage of the weather :D Much good weather, much time.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:06 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
At least you're doing it in Sept. I have now until December to look forward to...

Edit: Clarifying on why I registered for December. This has nothing to do with how I feel about my June test but more of a strategic choice in applications. I know I can do better with a longer prep time and I'd rather bite the bullet, secure a spot in a good test center, and start prepping to get a higher score to be more attractive to schools ranked higher than my goal schools for leverage in negotiations.

On the bright side, you can enjoy DC more fully in the summer and take full advantage of the weather :D Much good weather, much time.

As long as the humidity stays down. It was getting brutal prior to the storms on Monday...

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:07 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I had a wild dream where Jay-Z and Jeff Garlin were forcing men into sex slavery in swanky NYC parties.

I had a dream that the RC section consisted of reading 1 law review article and writing an un-graded essay response.

DARE TO DREAM.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:08 pm

vtdelt wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
vtdelt wrote:

As long as the humidity stays down. It was getting brutal prior to the storms on Monday...

i was not prepared for the humidity

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:10 pm

poll ideas?

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
i was not prepared for the humidity

[+] Spoiler

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:23 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:

Hahaha I'm digging the idea of Jay-Z and Jeff Garlin teaming up, though hopefully not for sex slavery...

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:41 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:

Hahaha I'm digging the idea of Jay-Z and Jeff Garlin teaming up, though hopefully not for sex slavery...

MBC there's your next two polls. Which male celebrity would you be a sex slave to and which female celebrity would you be a sex slave to...

I nominate Gal Gadot as one of the female options, the Hemsworth brothers, and Rex Woodbury as male options. Your homework is to add more diversity to the options. ;-)

coskigirl

Bronze

Postby coskigirl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:45 pm

rowdy wrote:

Shush. I'm deluding myself into thinking they'll release Friday the 30th or Monday the 3rd. None of this 2 weeks crap.

I tried to register for a mountain biking clinic this weekend as well and am waitlisted. I figure I can distract myself by trying to break myself. If I do break myself they'll put me on good drugs so that would dull the pain of waiting at least.

King of the North

Bronze

Postby King of the North » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:05 pm

chargers21 wrote:

That's really frustrating. Why the hell is the test in December then if people have to wait until January to apply? In any event, my hope is that I can just submit or at least prepare all my application material and either have them waiting on my LSAT score or just be ready to submit my application the day they release scores. This really makes me mad. I think I would consider myself a splitter considering my GPA is a 3.5 and I'm shooting for at least a 168 so I have a chance at getting in and getting some money from Vanderbilt. If I can do that, I'm set.

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Why not take in September? There is still over two months for prep. What was your baseline PT score? How are you studying? And how often?

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:22 pm

chargers21 wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
rowdy wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

Yepp, I believe next year will have a November test. And while the NU ED is great for certain numbers, don't do it if you have like a 4.0 174 or anything. It's better for splitters

Oh, trust me, I'm a splitter. Not sure I hit median GPA at any school.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:24 pm

King of the North wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

That's really frustrating. Why the hell is the test in December then if people have to wait until January to apply? In any event, my hope is that I can just submit or at least prepare all my application material and either have them waiting on my LSAT score or just be ready to submit my application the day they release scores. This really makes me mad. I think I would consider myself a splitter considering my GPA is a 3.5 and I'm shooting for at least a 168 so I have a chance at getting in and getting some money from Vanderbilt. If I can do that, I'm set.

I feel like the December test is really more of a "retake" option for people applying that cycle. They've already got a score under their belt and will send in apps and use the score they already have. If they want to get a higher score, they retake and December will replace their older score if it's better while keeping their time of submission of their application the same.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?