June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

Ntp73821

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:04 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Who the hell are y'all dating...?

My thoughts exactly :shock:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:07 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:WTF

That sucks. I'm sure you'll be fine if you just send it in though.

I wonder what went wrong.. If they read each word that you write, maybe it's possible you forgot to copy a word or something, hence why it's "incomplete"? Who knows..

I think it may be because I wrote it in cursive, I just did it automatically and didn't think that I should have wrote in print until I got the email today. The way it was worded made it seem like my score won't be delayed as long as I send it right away, and I just dropped it at the post office.

I wrote in cursive, too, but I have "Wedding Invitation Handwriting" (as my friends call it), so it's decently easy to read. But I agree with the "At least it's not lost" sentiment. Knowing that they're looking at your score sheet can be comforting.

My cursive is decently neat but I have a few letters that are a bit odd looking, which is probably what did it. It is a relief that my score sheet wasn't lost, and this is the only thing wrong since I'd assume they'd tell me if there was anything else.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:

Yes share juicy stories with internet strangers

(Plead to get thread moving)
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:24 pm

So can we eliminate Africa and SA from the poll.

Also, what's the general consensus for where the "Northeast" ends moving downward. Can we get a mid-atlantic region? I'd hate to be associated with NYC and Boston and the up tight culture of the NE.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:

(Plead to get poll moving)

Motion to update the poll question to: Who do we think they're dating?

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:37 pm

saf18hornet wrote:So can we eliminate Africa and SA from the poll.

Also, what's the general consensus for where the "Northeast" ends moving downward. Can we get a mid-atlantic region? I'd hate to be associated with NYC and Boston and the up tight culture of the NE.

Yeaaaaa, I didn't answer because I was torn on DC being NE or SE...

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Yeah I googled "us geographic regions" and clicked on the first link so

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:39 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:

I like it I'll do this one next I was literally making the other one when you posted

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Just found out an acquaintance of mine who graduated from my UG is going to Loyola New Orleans at sticker :roll: He was 3.5/147 lol

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Just found out an acquaintance of mine who graduated from my UG is going to Loyola New Orleans at sticker :roll: He was 3.5/147 lol

Dear god

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 pm

My handwriting is literally illegible and I've never had lsac ask for a new statement

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:42 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:

I want to use a bat shit crazy picture but there's not one that works that's gender neutral or at least doesn't imply that women are bat shit crazy...

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:My handwriting is literally illegible and I've never had lsac ask for a new statement

I'm thinking maybe I didn't sign/date it correctly due to nerves, or it could be because I erased a couple times and I've heard doing so completely messes up your writing sample when they scan it, could be the same thing here. Honestly I'll never know, and as has been said before at least they have my stuff!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:45 pm

vtdelt wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:

I want to use a bat shit crazy picture but there's not one that works that's gender neutral or at least doesn't imply that women are bat shit crazy...

Idk I google imaged it and found plenty of trump pics

Eyyo!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:My handwriting is literally illegible and I've never had lsac ask for a new statement

I'm thinking maybe I didn't sign/date it correctly due to nerves, or it could be because I erased a couple times and I've heard doing so completely messes up your writing sample when they scan it, could be the same thing here. Honestly I'll never know, and as has been said before at least they have my stuff!

Oooo yeah date would be a big one. Odds are your score won't be delayed since they spend a while making sure all of this is in order

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Just found out an acquaintance of mine who graduated from my UG is going to Loyola New Orleans at sticker :roll: He was 3.5/147 lol

Dear god

I tried so hard to convince him to take a year off and retake, so he could either get $$$ at a shit school or get into a T1 but he's wanted to be a lawyer his whole life. TBH I'm not sure how much a retake would have helped him, he's dumb as rocks (I looked over his PS and it was FULL of grammatical errors and words used in the wrong context that he obviously didn't know the meaning of), sincerely believes Bush did 9/11 and is an adderal fiend. He really, really shouldn't go to law school but he's not listening to anyone. Hopefully he'll fail out so he can at least not be in debt for 2L and 3L.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Dear god

I tried so hard to convince him to take a year off and retake, so he could either get $$$ at a shit school or get into a T1 but he's wanted to be a lawyer his whole life. TBH I'm not sure how much a retake would have helped him, he's dumb as rocks (I looked over his PS and it was FULL of grammatical errors and words used in the wrong context that he obviously didn't know the meaning of), sincerely believes Bush did 9/11 and is an adderal fiend. He really, really shouldn't go to law school but he's not listening to anyone. Hopefully he'll fail out so he can at least not be in debt for 2L and 3L.

That's unfortunate. The amount of people like that is.... surprisingly huge

I had a friend who was hell bent on going to Princeton law. Has wanted to go since she was in HS......

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:00 pm

heyduchess wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:I probably won't be officially on FB either. Eliminated mine last year due to weird relationship problems. If I do use one for a C/O page, it'll be basically a blank profile of my name and maybe a picture of me just to read the C/O page and/or keep up with study groups

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Something basic and used pretty much only to get access to the school pages, but that's its.

Also deleted mine due to weird relationship things, but don't regret it at all.

You'll definitely need one for the C/O pages and if you are interested in roommates, etc. Also good for linking up with people you meet at ASWs

Also joining the no Facebook club. Deleted mine (which I only had for like two years) in late 2015 due to...circumstances.

I wasn't dating him that was the weird part.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Dear god

I had a friend who was hell bent on going to Princeton law. Has wanted to go since she was in HS......

Truly amazing how many people don't seem to know that google exists...

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I'm thinking maybe I didn't sign/date it correctly due to nerves, or it could be because I erased a couple times and I've heard doing so completely messes up your writing sample when they scan it, could be the same thing here. Honestly I'll never know, and as has been said before at least they have my stuff!

The proctor walked up to the guy next to me and was like "is that REALLY your signature?" :lol:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:23 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Dear god

Truly amazing how many people don't seem to know that google exists...

This is why I don't feel sorry for him. After about 20 minutes of googling I realized that my original plan of going to either Stetson or Florida International and winging the LSAT was a bad idea. If someone refuses to do just a bit of research on a 200K+ debt financed investment their inevitable problems following graduation are their own fault.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:This is why I don't feel sorry for him. After about 20 minutes of googling I realized that my original plan of going to either Stetson or Florida International and winging the LSAT was a bad idea. If someone refuses to do just a bit of research on a 200K+ debt financed investment their inevitable problems following graduation are their own fault.

Idk, I can still sympathize, I don't think most people would expect law school to be an exploitative debt trap that gives you poor job prospects. I certainly didn't fully understand how things worked before either, and while I agree that people should do thorough research before committing their lives to a career, I can understand why some people end up making poor decisions when it comes to law school.

I'm more inclined to place blame on the institutions who are so eager to capitalize on young people's desires and ambitions while giving them almost nothing in return.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Princeton law > Yehl

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:47 pm

I kinda agree with mediocre. I think that we fail to realize that for extremely large amount of people law school is perceived as a path to guaranteed success and comes with it perceived rank, prestige, and inclusion into a group they might not necessarily associate themselves with. Instead of it being a pure cost benefit analysis, it's a more practical or emotional decision, where they believe that doors will open if they can just get a foot in it. For them any school that gives the degree is fine. They might not think that they can do better on the lsat or if they need to do better, and they certainly don't think about going t13. The debt is there, but they don't really see any other choice.

I'm lucky I found TLS, but I only listened to it bc I originally thought I could go to a great law school. But I had to fight a great deal of "go to any law school you can get in to and pay sticker" along the way.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:This is why I don't feel sorry for him. After about 20 minutes of googling I realized that my original plan of going to either Stetson or Florida International and winging the LSAT was a bad idea. If someone refuses to do just a bit of research on a 200K+ debt financed investment their inevitable problems following graduation are their own fault.

I agree with Jimmy. Sure, these institutions capitalize applicants' desires, but at the end of the day it's by the applicants' own free will that they decide to enroll in these schools. If they are going to commit three years of their lives to a degree and the rest of their professional lives to a field, the very least they can do is to make sure it's a viable choice. They can spend 4 hours and $180 for the LSAT--surely they can spend an hour to quickly google something.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?