June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
18%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
11%

Total votes: 141

Platopus

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Do you gals/guys think it's necessary to have a Facebook during law school? I got rid of mine about 4-5 years ago and would prefer to keep it that way, but it seems like I'd be missing out on quite a bit in terms of announcements, finding roommate, etc. Thoughts?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:01 pm

I probably won't be officially on FB either. Eliminated mine last year due to weird relationship problems. If I do use one for a C/O page, it'll be basically a blank profile of my name and maybe a picture of me just to read the C/O page and/or keep up with study groups

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:I probably won't be officially on FB either. Eliminated mine last year due to weird relationship problems. If I do use one for a C/O page, it'll be basically a blank profile of my name and maybe a picture of me just to read the C/O page and/or keep up with study groups

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Something basic and used pretty much only to get access to the school pages, but that's its.

Also deleted mine due to weird relationship things, but don't regret it at all.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:I probably won't be officially on FB either. Eliminated mine last year due to weird relationship problems. If I do use one for a C/O page, it'll be basically a blank profile of my name and maybe a picture of me just to read the C/O page and/or keep up with study groups

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Something basic and used pretty much only to get access to the school pages, but that's its.

You'll definitely need one for the C/O pages and if you are interested in roommates, etc. Also good for linking up with people you meet at ASWs

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Mikey wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:WTF

That sucks. I'm sure you'll be fine if you just send it in though.

I wonder what went wrong.. If they read each word that you write, maybe it's possible you forgot to copy a word or something, hence why it's "incomplete"? Who knows..

I think it may be because I wrote it in cursive, I just did it automatically and didn't think that I should have wrote in print until I got the email today. The way it was worded made it seem like my score won't be delayed as long as I send it right away, and I just dropped it at the post office.

zkyggi

Bronze

Postby zkyggi » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:Is anyone still low-key studying in case of a September retake? I'm trying to decide what the best plan is for the next 3 weeks (clearly "do nothing and wait" isn't going well for me).

Do nothing and wait is my strategy. If anything it's a much-needed break from LSAT stuff. Plus if I don't have to retake I don't want to waste my time studying.

Starting in early August or else I will have run out of materials by August :(

Dude, same. I stupidly have already done all of PTs 72-80... Also, I've pretty much done every single games section ever released... really hoping that doesn't screw me if I end up studying for a retake.

Unless you have a photographic memory, retaking PT's does not hurt your ability to improve. You can save PT 81 for close to test day and you will be 100% fine studying with old material if you make sure to approach each question and AC thoroughly.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:37 pm

zkyggi wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:Is anyone still low-key studying in case of a September retake? I'm trying to decide what the best plan is for the next 3 weeks (clearly "do nothing and wait" isn't going well for me).

Do nothing and wait is my strategy. If anything it's a much-needed break from LSAT stuff. Plus if I don't have to retake I don't want to waste my time studying.

Dude, same. I stupidly have already done all of PTs 72-80... Also, I've pretty much done every single games section ever released... really hoping that doesn't screw me if I end up studying for a retake.

Unless you have a photographic memory, retaking PT's does not hurt your ability to improve. You can save PT 81 for close to test day and you will be 100% fine studying with old material if you make sure to approach each question and AC thoroughly.

^'Tis the problem. I took the earliest tests 2 years ago and could still remember many of the answers, especially the tricky ones. If I have to retake, I'll prob need to set 30 minutes as the time limit.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:WTF I got an email from LSAC saying that they had an incomplete certifying statement on my account and that I need to send in a new form that was attached to the email. I definitely filled that thing out.

*frantically checks email*

Ntp73821

Silver

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:44 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:*frantically checks email*

+1
One more thing to stress about 8)
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:00 am

chargers21 wrote:
Platopus wrote:

You'll definitely need one for the C/O pages and if you are interested in roommates, etc. Also good for linking up with people you meet at ASWs

Also joining the no Facebook club. Deleted mine (which I only had for like two years) in late 2015 due to...circumstances.

zkyggi

Bronze

Postby zkyggi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 am

lynn.wibi wrote:
zkyggi wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:

^'Tis the problem. I took the earliest tests 2 years ago and could still remember many of the answers, especially the tricky ones. If I have to retake, I'll prob need to set 30 minutes as the time limit.

Remembering the answer isn't as much a problem as remembering the reasoning. Reason through each problem in LR, support each AC in RC, and prove the answers in LG. If you are doing work on the LSAT, you can improve, whether that work be on new or old questions.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

rowdy

Bronze

Postby rowdy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:17 am

Last edited by rowdy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:29 am

dm1683 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Platopus wrote:

Also joining the no Facebook club. Deleted mine (which I only had for like two years) in late 2015 due to...circumstances.

Well geez, I recently hit 12 years on the facebook. When I joined, they were still verifying your .edu email accounts and it was the only way to meet people before showing up at your dorm on day 1.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 am

8 days down! A millennia to go....

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:53 am

What's the lsat? Never heard of it

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:56 am

Anyone have any good (i.e. distracting) summer reading/movie/TV show recommendations?

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Postby tuna_wasabi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:36 am

QueenBAYder wrote:8 days down! A millennia to go....

AHHH Give us our scores already! I'm between resigning myself to accepting whatever score I get (like below what I want) and freaking out if I misbubbled/misread/whatever something.

Anyone else already registered for the September LSAT? This is the first time I don't mind if that $130 goes to waste.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Postby QueenBAYder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:46 am

lynn.wibi wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:8 days down! A millennia to go....

AHHH Give us our scores already! I'm between resigning myself to accepting whatever score I get (like below what I want) and freaking out if I misbubbled/misread/whatever something.

Anyone else already registered for the September LSAT? This is the first time I don't mind if that $130 goes to waste.

Yup, same. I almost spent $100 on more prep materials yesterday too and then I remembered that I don't actually know if I have to retake yet. They really need to get this turn around time down. Maybe they will now that Harvard excepts the GRE? GRE you get your score right away, right?

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:57 am

QueenBAYder wrote:Anyone have any good (i.e. distracting) summer reading/movie/TV show recommendations?

I've been catching up with my favorite mad man in a blue box.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:29 am

My girlfriend said, "hey you're getting your score back soon!" and I know she meant well but she definitely caught a stale face from me.

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Platopus wrote:Do you gals/guys think it's necessary to have a Facebook during law school? I got rid of mine about 4-5 years ago and would prefer to keep it that way, but it seems like I'd be missing out on quite a bit in terms of announcements, finding roommate, etc. Thoughts?

I don't have one and am not planning on getting one!

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:40 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:Anyone have any good (i.e. distracting) summer reading/movie/TV show recommendations?

I find "Kara and Nate" to be a really good Youtube distraction. It is a travel vlog.

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Postby tofuspeedstar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Currently reading The Sympathizer by by Viet Thanh Nguyen

p good.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:WTF

That sucks. I'm sure you'll be fine if you just send it in though.

I wonder what went wrong.. If they read each word that you write, maybe it's possible you forgot to copy a word or something, hence why it's "incomplete"? Who knows..

I think it may be because I wrote it in cursive, I just did it automatically and didn't think that I should have wrote in print until I got the email today. The way it was worded made it seem like my score won't be delayed as long as I send it right away, and I just dropped it at the post office.

I wrote in cursive, too, but I have "Wedding Invitation Handwriting" (as my friends call it), so it's decently easy to read. But I agree with the "At least it's not lost" sentiment. Knowing that they're looking at your score sheet can be comforting.

heyduchess

Silver

Postby heyduchess » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:01 pm

dm1683 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Platopus wrote:

Who the hell are y'all dating...?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?