June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
7
5%
175+
6
4%
173+
21
15%
170+
25
18%
167+
27
19%
165+
16
11%
163+
14
10%
160+
8
6%
159 -
16
11%
 
Total votes: 140

User avatar
Walliums

Silver
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Walliums » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:05 pm

.
Last edited by Walliums on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby chargers21 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Walliums wrote:There is no way for me to answer with Texas on the poll.

Southwest


You should just put it as its own poll option. Like Alaska/Hawaii ;)

I would have to delete other regions


Compromises had to be made



Eh maybe I could get rid of Canada


Eh, sorry Canada :)

there are a surprising amount of Canadians on this website

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Walliums wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
principalagent wrote:
heyduchess wrote:I imagine it 10000000% depends on your Undergrad school, too. A splitter from Princeton is much more acceptable than a splitter from Alabama. (I went to a top tier school that's notorious for grade deflation and my classmate got into UVA within a month of applying. I think she got her acceptance email 12 hours after her interview. GPA below 25th. LSAT above 75th.)


Did we go to the same school / know the same people? I know this to be familiar with a couple people. But generally, I noticed where I went to school that being over one median gave you leeway on the other, even for non-URMs, for top tier law schools.

As for apps, I'm hoping mid-late September if I don't need to take the September test. If I do, then I'll submit immediately after scores come in early October.


Ehh, I think your application also matters a ton (at least in T14) outside of numbers. I got in everywhere except HYS with a 168 last year.


Are you potentially a bit of an outlier? Can't remember what your GPA was, but would think that you being STEM has a positive impact


Yeah probably. I was 3.98 electrical engineering undergrad with a master's and work experience/research fellowship at MIT during summer in grad school, so I definitely had some boosts, but isn't that the point? Things outside of just numbers helping?

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:02 pm

Pretty disappointed you made me pick Southeast instead of just The South

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby dm1683 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Midwest represent! 8) Plato, me and who else?

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby dm1683 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Pretty disappointed you made me pick Southeast instead of just The South

Should have had East Coast, West Coast, South, Southwest, and Real America Midwest.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby chargers21 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:26 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MediocreAtBest

Silver
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Have scores come out yet? I don't think I can do 2 more weeks of this

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
principalagent wrote:
heyduchess wrote:I imagine it 10000000% depends on your Undergrad school, too. A splitter from Princeton is much more acceptable than a splitter from Alabama. (I went to a top tier school that's notorious for grade deflation and my classmate got into UVA within a month of applying. I think she got her acceptance email 12 hours after her interview. GPA below 25th. LSAT above 75th.)


Did we go to the same school / know the same people? I know this to be familiar with a couple people. But generally, I noticed where I went to school that being over one median gave you leeway on the other, even for non-URMs, for top tier law schools.

As for apps, I'm hoping mid-late September if I don't need to take the September test. If I do, then I'll submit immediately after scores come in early October.


Ehh, I think your application also matters a ton (at least in T14) outside of numbers. I got in everywhere except HYS with a 168 last year.


Are you potentially a bit of an outlier? Can't remember what your GPA was, but would think that you being STEM has a positive impact


Yeah probably. I was 3.98 electrical engineering undergrad with a master's and work experience/research fellowship at MIT during summer in grad school, so I definitely had some boosts, but isn't that the point? Things outside of just numbers helping?


I don't think your stats help this argument? 3.98 167 should get into schools h down. Except for c it looks like performed at your numbers.


Eta I don't disagree tho. When all applicants are excellent you need things to differentiate which is where we get softs

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:45 pm

dm1683 wrote:Midwest represent! 8) Plato, me and who else?


Midwest represent!

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:48 pm

So many people from the South East... hello friends :P
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
it's allgood

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby it's allgood » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Walliums wrote:So when is everyone planning on sending in apps?


If I don't get in off the wait list this cycle, then Sept 1!

User avatar
it's allgood

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby it's allgood » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Rosemary olive vodka?



I'm,.. I'm not sure



Those are all things I like


Just woke up with one million regrets. Drunk me made Key Lime Pie, donated too much of my money to charity, and adopted a rabbit. :shock:


Did you really adopt a rabbit? Will ya' post a pic????

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:16 pm

it's allgood wrote:
Did you really adopt a rabbit? Will ya' post a pic????


Haha, so I did tell the person I was going to take a rabbit, but then I woke up with about a million regrets because I have two dogs already and I was afraid they would hurt a rabbit. So I told them I didn't want a rabbit after all... it was kind of awkward but oh well. It was a really cute rabbit, though.

Edit:

Here is a picture of my dogs to make up for not having a picture of a rabbit:
http://imgur.com/a/JScQK
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Yes yes more pws

User avatar
heyduchess

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby heyduchess » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:So many people from the South East... hello friends :P


I'm originally from the Southeast. Does that count?

User avatar
it's allgood

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby it's allgood » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
Did you really adopt a rabbit? Will ya' post a pic????


Haha, so I did tell the person I was going to take a rabbit, but then I woke up with about a million regrets because I have two dogs already and I was afraid they would hurt a rabbit. So I told them I didn't want a rabbit after all... it was kind of awkward but oh well. It was a really cute rabbit, though.

Edit:

Here is a picture of my dogs to make up for not having a picture of a rabbit:
http://imgur.com/a/JScQK



Stellar dogs!! They are super cute!! But I could see some potential conflict with those two and a rabbit......So it was probably a good call to back out!

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:31 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:So many people from the South East... hello friends :P


I'm originally from the Southeast. Does that count?


Yes, I'll accept you :lol:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:38 pm

it's allgood wrote:
Stellar dogs!! They are super cute!! But I could see some potential conflict with those two and a rabbit......So it was probably a good call to back out!


Thank you!!
The white one probably wouldn't hurt the bunny, but the brindle one has a pretty bad prey drive. But apparently you don't think of that when you're drinking and decide you want a bunny :oops:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
QueenBAYder

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby QueenBAYder » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
Stellar dogs!! They are super cute!! But I could see some potential conflict with those two and a rabbit......So it was probably a good call to back out!


Thank you!!
The white one probably wouldn't hurt the bunny, but the brindle one has a pretty bad prey drive. But apparently you don't think of that when you're drinking and decide you want a bunny :oops:

This is great. Best thing to happen this week by far.

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Last night was the first night post LSAT that I haven't had a dream about the LSAT!

I did have this tragic dream where I was trying to drink beer at a brewery but every time I went to take a sip, I dropped the pint glass and it shattered.

I almost wanted my horrible LSAT dreams back :x
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:Last night was the first night post LSAT that I haven't had a dream about the LSAT!

I did have this tragic dream where I was trying to drink beer at a brewery but every time I went to take a sip, I dropped the pint glass and it shattered.

I almost wanted my horrible LSAT dreams back :x

That sounds like hell

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:07 pm

WTF I got an email from LSAC saying that they had an incomplete certifying statement on my account and that I need to send in a new form that was attached to the email. I definitely filled that thing out.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Mikey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:WTF

That sucks. I'm sure you'll be fine if you just send it in though.

I wonder what went wrong.. If they read each word that you write, maybe it's possible you forgot to copy a word or something, hence why it's "incomplete"? Who knows..

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Platopus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:WTF I got an email from LSAC saying that they had an incomplete certifying statement on my account and that I need to send in a new form that was attached to the email. I definitely filled that thing out.


I'd be relieved that they at least got your answer sheet and shit didn't get lost or something



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK and 13 guests