11%
I don't even remember taking this test
25%

Total votes: 53

Future Ex-Engineer

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:57 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Why is that bad? I honestly wish I had taken it earlier, maybe sophomore year of college. Was more familiar with logic a couple more years ago than I am now (and I think I was generally mentally sharper then too tbh).

Interesting. I'm about 5 years out of college at this point and I actually did "study" (or what I thought was studying then) for the LSAT when I was a senior in college. I found that I was much better/more disciplined about everything this time around... maybe even a little sharper? It probably helps that I'm in grad school PT right now while working FT, so I've already learned how to tame my "oh, all I have to do for an A is just drink red bull and eat goldfish all night while cramming for this test" mentality.

I mean that's what I did in grad school and it worked out pretty well for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ntp73821

Postby Ntp73821 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:Why is that bad? I honestly wish I had taken it earlier, maybe sophomore year of college. Was more familiar with logic a couple more years ago than I am now (and I think I was generally mentally sharper then too tbh).

+1
I took all of my logic classes my 2nd year of undergrad and I was a whole lot better at formal logic back then. :?

Future Ex-Engineer

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:

+1
I took all of my logic classes my 2nd year of undergrad and I was a whole lot better at formal logic back then. :?

This is still v confusing to me. Like did you all just forget how to think after you took your logic classes? I took mine years ago, but if anything, I'm better at using those tools now than I was when I just learned them. Also, I basically never had to pull out formal logic anyway for the LSAT after I figured out how to attack the test

vtdelt

Postby vtdelt » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Walliums wrote:What are you all doing this weekend?

My spouse is still out of town until next weekend and so I'm going to make some sangria and sit by the pool. And try to rekindle the friendships that I have neglected since studying...

I have to work overtime part of the weekend because there's a backlog of stuff at work. Would have had to work overtime no matter what but I refused to do it the last 3 months because of LSAT prep which they were ok with. Now I have to fulfill my promise of putting in overtime over the next 3 weeks to try and help kill some of the backlog.

Aside from that, I am having an afternoon of catching up with some good friends tomorrow. I'm debating going to 1/2 priced oysters after 10 at a place down the street from my condo... Is it sad that I might do a section or two of drilling? This entire week has felt so weird not doing any class/drilling/PT.

Edit: Also forgot I have to book travel for all these wedding and other things I said I would go to in the fall during my prep period that I kept forgetting to actually buy plane tickets and accommodations...
Last edited by vtdelt on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:05 pm

My spouse is still out of town until next weekend and so I'm going to make some sangria and sit by the pool. And try to rekindle the friendships that I have neglected since studying...

Date night for the first time in agessssss tonight.
Tomorrow probably depends on how tonight goes

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:

Live blog

Jack_Kelly

Postby Jack_Kelly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:

+1

This is still v confusing to me. Like did you all just forget how to think after you took your logic classes? I took mine years ago, but if anything, I'm better at using those tools now than I was when I just learned them. Also, I basically never had to pull out formal logic anyway for the LSAT after I figured out how to attack the test

More or less: yes. Couldn't do logic games I used to be able to at least. I tend to just erase things from my memory when I don't plan on using them anymore.

Ntp73821

Postby Ntp73821 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:18 pm

I mean, no, I'm not an idiot and I still do fine with it. I was just generally better at it when I did it every day in class. When I took the class, I worked with logic so often that I could look at the sentence and nearly immediately see how to write it immediately whereas after being out of practice, I had to think about it more.

I don't think that means that I "forgot how to think."

Edit: I used formal logic for a lot of the parallel questions. I struggled with those for some reason.

QueenBAYder

Postby QueenBAYder » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 pm

This whole "going out with friends" on a Friday after work thing is crazy .... I feel like I'm doing something wrong and will be punished by the LSAC gods...

Pozzo

Postby Pozzo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:39 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:This whole "going out with friends" on a Friday after work thing is crazy .... I feel like I'm doing something wrong and will be punished by the LSAC gods...

Likely true. The gods do not rest just because the test is over.

saf18hornet

Postby saf18hornet » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Good luck bro

dm1683

Postby dm1683 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:18 pm

Gonna see a movie tonight w/ a group of friends. Don't know if I wanna see the tupac movie or the mummy. I think I will let the others decide. What yall think?

I would totally be down to see wonder woman again though

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:23 pm

dm1683 wrote:

Wonder Woman was a really subtly sexist movie. The entire movie they make comments on how hot she is, never heard/seen such a thing in Batman/Superman, even if everyone is day dreaming over Henry Cavill, they never explicitly call it out.

Also, 1 vote for Tupac, the Mummy looks dumb

QueenBAYder

Postby QueenBAYder » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Pozzo wrote:
QueenBAYder wrote:This whole "going out with friends" on a Friday after work thing is crazy .... I feel like I'm doing something wrong and will be punished by the LSAC gods...

Likely true. The gods do not rest just because the test is over.

I often wonder about the people who work/live in PA and write the test. Like....wht do they do for fun? Do they know what fun is? What kind of liquor do they drink/chicken do they eat? Curious minds...

vtdelt

Postby vtdelt » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:58 pm

dm1683 wrote:Gonna see a movie tonight w/ a group of friends. Don't know if I wanna see the tupac movie or the mummy. I think I will let the others decide. What yall think?

Oh that's what I was supposed to do tonight. Ooops. Guess I'll have to watch that movie another time...

dm1683

Postby dm1683 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Platopus wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

Wonder Woman was a really subtly sexist movie. The entire movie they make comments on how hot she is, never heard/seen such a thing in Batman/Superman, even if everyone is day dreaming over Henry Cavill, they never explicitly call it out.

I interpreted it a different way. I think that having a bunch of people comment on how hot wonder woman is is a critique of how women are valued in society solely based on their looks; Wonder Woman is a total badass, but to a lot of the characters in the movie all that they think about is how she looks. I think this was intentionally done to get a point across. Maybe I'm being optimistic but that's how I see it.

Platopus wrote:Also, 1 vote for Tupac, the Mummy looks dumb

Counterpoint: seeing as we're talking about objectifying people, I feel like I need to mention how totally hot Tom Cruise is. I think he's even sexier now than when he was younger.

dm1683

Postby dm1683 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:20 pm

BTW moot point we are seeing the tupac movie.

Ntp73821

Postby Ntp73821 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:43 pm

We were supposed to finally watch Beauty and the Beast tonight but we're not... I'm bitter :roll:

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:24 pm

dm1683 wrote:
Platopus wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

I interpreted it a different way. I think that having a bunch of people comment on how hot wonder woman is is a critique of how women are valued in society solely based on their looks; Wonder Woman is a total badass, but to a lot of the characters in the movie all that they think about is how she looks. I think this was intentionally done to get a point across. Maybe I'm being optimistic but that's how I see it.

Never even considered it that way, perhaps I was wrong.

vtdelt

Postby vtdelt » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:33 pm

So, following through on my plans for 1/2 priced oysters after 10 and the first person I see at the bar is my prep course instructor on a date...

Amerision

Postby Amerision » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:56 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Amerision wrote:Are most of you applying this upcoming cycle? I'm at the end of my sophomore year so I'm still waiting out another cycle (applying Fall 2018).

Bruh.. You took the LSAT wayyy too early... lol

Yeah... why do people take it so early, like what was the motivation?

gotta make them parents proud yo

*cough* *cough* overachiever *cough*

Not sure if this was missed, but I was being sarcastic. I didn't take the LSAT under many years after undergrad :lol:

I was referring to the young lad among us, not you, ya old goof.

Wanted to have extra time to retake if needed and had an easier semester this year so I had a lot of time to devote to the test.

Future Ex-Engineer

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:05 am

For all those awaiting the update: Date was a huge success. Probably going waterfall hunting tomorrow

Future Ex-Engineer

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:06 am

Ntp73821 wrote:

I mean, no, I'm not an idiot and I still do fine with it. I was just generally better at it when I did it every day in class. When I took the class, I worked with logic so often that I could look at the sentence and nearly immediately see how to write it immediately whereas after being out of practice, I had to think about it more.

I don't think that means that I "forgot how to think."

Edit: I used formal logic for a lot of the parallel questions. I struggled with those for some reason.

That's fair and totally makes sense. I still use my problem solving skills (logic games-esque stuff) on a daily basis at my job, so that probably heavily contributes to my increased ability in that area over time

it's allgood

Postby it's allgood » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:20 am

I'm going to spend some quality time with my husband, write a revision for an article I submitted and re-submit it, read papers and give comments to them that are from students in a class my friend is teaching, go get some good coffee, go to the beach, and work on my dissertation.

it's allgood

Postby it's allgood » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:23 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Typing Puppy wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
I've neglected every facet of my life since the lsat

This is sustainable

every facet

After completing the June LSAT, MBC returns to find the crumbling remains of his DC apartment home. The corpse of a cat lies amidst piles of ashes. A siren wails in the distance. He should get help, but no one's answered his calls since PT 72...

*hasnt fed his cat today*

Have you fed your cat, yet???? :?:

Yeah! He actually has dry food available all the time but I like to supplement with wet food to fatten him up.

I saw the pic of your cat in a previous post--he is very cute! Glad the feeding task was accomplished!!!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”