Timing strategy, better to go slow and efficient or knock out easy and come back for hard?

Larrymitchell808

Timing strategy, better to go slow and efficient or knock out easy and come back for hard?

Postby Larrymitchell808 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 pm

The subject pretty much says it. I'm obviously referring to LR, I'm getting -2/-3 on average, I'm trying to get it to -0/-1 consistently for june, which I've done but not consistently. Any advice on the approach as to take it slow and fo each question diligently which usually leaves me with 4-5 min left or do all the easy ones and come back for 5-6 that require more thought which usually leaves me with 10min left to go back.

Also reading comp. I can do a timed section and get -3 and then do another and get -7 just bc I rushed too much, any advice on not feeling rushed thereby causing mistakes?

zkyggi

Re: Timing strategy, better to go slow and efficient or knock out easy and come back for hard?

Postby zkyggi » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:57 pm

If you understand LR, "slow and efficient" is actually fast. If you spend equal time in easy and hard questions, then your problem would be a conceptual one most likely. That said, I would do the problems in order and skip only the ones that I think will take a while. I consistently go -0/-1 in LR.

On RC, consistentency comes (if it ever comes at all) from practice. Read for structure, and keep reading for structure until you are no longer forcing it.

Platopus

Re: Timing strategy, better to go slow and efficient or knock out easy and come back for hard?

Postby Platopus » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:17 pm

I only save questions for after I'm done with the section in 2 situations:
1. It's an easy question in the first 10 questions, and I'm pretty sure it's easy and I'm just not seeing it now. (Maybe 1 of these everything 3-4 sections)
2. I'm running up on time at the end of section, have about 2-3 questions left and have a big, long, ugly parallel reasoning question staring at me

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”