Unpublished Test Centers?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
heylookitsthatguy

New

Unpublished Test Centers?

Postby heylookitsthatguy » Wed May 31, 2017 11:11 am

Does anybody here have any experience with an unpublished test center?

Thinking I might have to go this route

grades??

Silver

Re: Unpublished Test Centers?

Postby grades?? » Wed May 31, 2017 11:15 am

I took international exams that are unpublished. Its fine, but there are 2 downsides. I am assuming you are taking it internationally if it is unpublished.

1- The international exam is different than the test given in the US and usually has more "test" questions. For example, on one international exam I took, there was a game that has never been seen in any lsat before and apparently not seen since. Others have also concluded the LSAC is more likely to test questions in the unpublished exams, precisely because they don't publish them.

2- You wont be able to see what questions you got wrong, but this is a smaller downside I think than point 1.

It really isn't a big deal, just be aware they can and will throw some strange things out in the unpublished exams.

heylookitsthatguy

New

Postby heylookitsthatguy » Wed May 31, 2017 1:30 pm

Wow #2 doesn't really bother me but #1 is kind of nonsense. Why make the test harder for people taking it outside of the US?

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Wed May 31, 2017 1:44 pm

#2 isn't that big of a deal, but not having a score breakdown can be a bit annoying if you are looking at potentially retaking and want to focus your studying on the areas you were weaker (this is assuming only getting your composite score is still the case as it was when I took the test at an unpublished test center). Ideally you won't have to worry about a retake, but if you do, knowing how many questions you missed in given sections can be helpful.

heylookitsthatguy

New

Postby heylookitsthatguy » Wed May 31, 2017 2:38 pm

So I should pretty much just be prepared for more "random" questions?

Sounds like a shitty deal to pay $380 more for a harder test

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Wed May 31, 2017 2:44 pm

heylookitsthatguy wrote:So I should pretty much just be prepared for more "random" questions?

Sounds like a shitty deal to pay $380 more for a harder test

You should be prepared for everything. If you can get a 180 on a regular Lsat, you have the skills to get a 180 on an undisclosed one. But yeah, practice a ton especially old games and old LR seen from lsats 1-14. And be prepared for hard rc.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed May 31, 2017 3:32 pm

grades?? wrote:I took international exams that are unpublished. Its fine, but there are 2 downsides. I am assuming you are taking it internationally if it is unpublished.

1- The international exam is different than the test given in the US and usually has more "test" questions. For example, on one international exam I took, there was a game that has never been seen in any lsat before and apparently not seen since. Others have also concluded the LSAC is more likely to test questions in the unpublished exams, precisely because they don't publish them.

2- You wont be able to see what questions you got wrong, but this is a smaller downside I think than point 1.

It really isn't a big deal, just be aware they can and will throw some strange things out in the unpublished exams.

Exactly what kind of game was it? Circle game? Or something completely new?

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Wed May 31, 2017 4:34 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
grades?? wrote:I took international exams that are unpublished. Its fine, but there are 2 downsides. I am assuming you are taking it internationally if it is unpublished.

Exactly what kind of game was it? Circle game? Or something completely new?

To be truthful this was a number of years ago, and I frankly don't really remember the exact setup. I did look it up, couldnt find one like it, and asked on here if people had received the same game. Only the other international exams had that question and it was a real doozy. If I remember, it was a double circle game with a linear component as well. Inferences made on one circle would affect the other circle and linear component. But don't quote me, I really don't remember too well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�