Going to the testing center before to check it out? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Larrymitchell808

New

Going to the testing center before to check it out?

Post by Larrymitchell808 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:08 pm

On my admissions ticket it says the address and room number the test will be given then it says DO NOT GO TO BUILDING BEFORE TEST DAY. Is that something they're strict on? Obviously there's no way for them to know if I went but is this a new thing? Or only in some places? I was planning on going a few days before to check it out, should I not?

AJordan

Silver

Re: Going to the testing center before to check it out?

Post by AJordan » Tue May 30, 2017 1:41 am

I went to my test site the day prior just to get my bearings, it was in a city i had never been, and I'm glad I did. There was construction at the site that made it pretty difficult to access and messing around with the route the day of the test would've put me in a harried mental state surely.
Last edited by AJordan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larrymitchell808

New

Post by Larrymitchell808 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:33 am

AJordan wrote:I went to my test site the day prior just to get my bearings, it was in a city i had never been, and I'm glad I did. There was construction at the site that made it pretty difficult to access and messing around with the route the day of the test would've put me in a harried mental state surely.
I was planning on doing the same, did your admissions ticket say not to go before test day?

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Tue May 30, 2017 1:07 pm

Larrymitchell808 wrote:On my admissions ticket it says the address and room number the test will be given then it says DO NOT GO TO BUILDING BEFORE TEST DAY. Is that something they're strict on? Obviously there's no way for them to know if I went but is this a new thing? Or only in some places? I was planning on going a few days before to check it out, should I not?
I took the digital LSAT and am glad I did. The testing center that is ~20 minutes from me is a huge dump. The desks are those stereotypical "school room" desks where you have about 8 inches of space that covers half your lap. I ended up scheduling the real test 2 hours away at my UG just because I knew the desk situation was more spacious.

I don't think they can really find out if you went to the room before test day.. If you want to be safe though you could always look up reviews online and see what others say and scope it out as best as possible from google maps.

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Tue May 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Larrymitchell808 wrote:On my admissions ticket it says the address and room number the test will be given then it says DO NOT GO TO BUILDING BEFORE TEST DAY. Is that something they're strict on? Obviously there's no way for them to know if I went but is this a new thing? Or only in some places? I was planning on going a few days before to check it out, should I not?
Just go. It's probably a rule the testing centers want so they don't have gaggles of LSAT takers interrupting classes. It's smart to know where the room is and how to get there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Mine was on my college campus in a campus building that regularly had classes. I went to the testing center to see where I could park and get an idea of where I'd be taking the test. I think that's pretty standard (and even recommended).

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue May 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Are you taking it at like a hotel or testing center as opposed to a college campus? I could see that being a reason why. Like I took mine at my undergrad's campus and while I was no longer a student some taking it were and probably had classes in the building so it'd be a bit tough for them to not go but if they're trying to avoid you wandering around a hotel or a testing services building that could be why

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Wed May 31, 2017 4:27 pm

I didn't go for the purpose of scouting the room (though I've heard anecdotally people did.) I just had invested over 500 bucks to travel and take the test and I wasn't going to get lost the day of. I just wanted to find the place and I'm glad I did it the night before because it took me an hour from where Google Maps told me I should be.
Last edited by AJordan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:35 pm

I'd definitely check it out. YOu dont want to leave Figuring out where it is the morning of if you are unfamiliar with the center you are writing at as everyone mentioned above

LurkerTurnedMember

Bronze

Post by LurkerTurnedMember » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:40 am

I went in to the test center and the actual room where we would take the test and watched them setting up the tables and stuff. It really helped cause I knew how long it took me to get there in the morning, where parking was, where to go exactly, etc. But I don't remember anything on my ticket saying don't go so I dunno.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”