Retake after 170, appreciate advice!

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Barrett45

New

Retake after 170, appreciate advice!

Postby Barrett45 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:17 am

So, long story short:
- took September LSAT last year
- Made 170, disappointed, but I'm okay with the attenuating circumstances (job hunt pressure)
- breakdown was pretty even, with a little more on RC (screwed up one passage that I so did not understand)
- Shooting for HY or high scholarship at Col, Chi, UVA, or Penn. Else, I'll be skeptical of going to law school at all.
- Evidently, motivation is a big part of the equation this time.
- Last time I just got bored of studying after PT in mid-170s after one month of studying.
- Taking the summer off after graduation, then planning to study for 3.5 months before December 2017 LSAT

NOW:
- Shooting for 175+ this time.
- My big question regards the study methods I should use now. I used all of the PowerScore bibles, and took 14 practice tests.
- Obviously, I will take more practice tests and try to review them carefully.
- But I'm unsure whether anything else might be helpful. I've heard of blind review, private tutoring, but I just don't know.
- Would really appreciate anyone's advice if there is something I'm not covering which I should be doing.
- Thanks!

VeiledProtectorate

New

Re: Retake after 170, appreciate advice!

Postby VeiledProtectorate » Tue May 23, 2017 2:40 am

Barrett45 wrote:So, long story short:
- Made 170, disappointed, but I'm okay with the attenuating circumstances (job hunt pressure)
- breakdown was pretty even, with a little more on RC (screwed up one passage that I so did not understand)
- Shooting for HY or high scholarship at Col, Chi, UVA, or Penn. Else, I'll be skeptical of going to law school at all.
- Last time I just got bored of studying after PT in mid-170s after one month of studying.
- Taking the summer off after graduation, then planning to study for 3.5 months before December 2017 LSAT

NOW:
- My big question regards the study methods I should use now. I used all of the PowerScore bibles, and took 14 practice tests.
- But I'm unsure whether anything else might be helpful. I've heard of blind review, private tutoring, but I just don't know.
- Would really appreciate anyone's advice if there is something I'm not covering which I should be doing.
- Thanks!

Blind review is, imo, the most important part of successful LSAT prep. I'm surprised you cracked 170 without it. You should use the 7sage method, and the 7sage course generally. I don't think private tutoring will be helpful for you. If I were you, I would make my first priority the perfection of LG. This is where I think 7sage will extremely helpful for you. Their videos spoke to me in a way the PS LG book never did. LR and RC I would try the Manhattan books if you haven't already. I felt that PS RC was pretty bad.

KMart

Gold

Postby KMart » Tue May 23, 2017 3:02 am

NOW:
- Thanks!

drilling + more practice tests and you'll get yourself there. stay focused.

YellowWolf

New

Postby YellowWolf » Tue May 23, 2017 3:24 am

NOW:
- Thanks!

If you scored that high with Bibles and only 14PT you are probably a natural. A few months of grinding methodology would for sure improve your score.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�