3 PT a week?

lawschoolgirl312

3 PT a week?

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi,

I am starting to vamp up for the June LSAT and I want to take 3 PTs a week. However, what should I do between the week? I've been trying to study/drill on my non-PT days, but I can't tell if that is going to burn me out or not..any advice?

I am scoring in the 170s so it only takes me about 45 min to br and review

littlelibertine

Re: 3 PT a week?

Postby littlelibertine » Thu May 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Personally? I'd use that extra time to relax or exercise and see if that affects your score. Some people score better with breaks in-between.

lawschoolgirl312

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Thanks for replying!

I'm just worried that... I'll regret taking these breaks between my PT :( Any thoughts?

carsondalywashere

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu May 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Just do what you plan on doing, and if you start to feel burned out, take a break.

zkyggi

Postby zkyggi » Thu May 04, 2017 4:44 pm

I've done PTs for over 15 days in a row without burnout. Some people but out with 3 a week. It really is up to you. At the end of the day, the best prep will entail doing every LSAT problem ever released. How you get there is really an individual decision.

lawschoolgirl312

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:03 pm

I'm just torn between finding the balance of everything.

I work a full-time job and only really have night-time to study, but then i'm giving up exercise to sleep or sleep to exercise before/after work..and was just wondering if anyone has a good schedule or any advice?

Is burnout really real?

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Thu May 04, 2017 6:28 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:I'm just torn between finding the balance of everything.

I work a full-time job and only really have night-time to study, but then i'm giving up exercise to sleep or sleep to exercise before/after work..and was just wondering if anyone has a good schedule or any advice?

Is burnout really real?

I work full-time too. I usually set one day a week where I don't do anything LSAT related. The other 6 I study and drill. There's less than 40 days until the June test, I say work, work, work, and get caught up on sleep the week before and ace this damn thing. Now or never.

Also:

3 PT's a week is perfectly fine, 45 minutes of review is not. If you are going to take 3 PT's a week, the other days should be 3-4 hours of review, seriously.

zkyggi

Postby zkyggi » Thu May 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Is burnout really real?

Burnout is real, but people have different thresholds for it. If you weren't the type of person to be a workaholic before LSAT prep, it is likely you'll need to find a workload that allows you to stay mildly sane and not vomit at the thought of an LSAT question.

lawschoolgirl312

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:00 pm

Would you guys suggest to review the test the day I take it? Or review the next day?

Walliums

Postby Walliums » Fri May 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Is burnout really real?

What if you did this instead:

-Take 2 five-section PTs a week, review and score
-Take 1 35-minute section of the same PT four other days, review and score
-Take one day off (or use that day for review only)

Your schedule could look something like this:

Monday: Take one 35 min section of PT 1, review that evening
Tuesday: Take one 35 min section of PT 1, review that evening
Wednesday: Take full PT 2 test with an experimental in the evening
Thursday: Review PT 2 and score
Friday: Take one 35 min section of PT 1, review that evening
Saturday: Take full PT 3 with an experimental in the morning/early afternoon, review that evening
Sunday: Take final 35 minute section of PT 1, review and score.

You would have taken 3 PTs that week then, spaced out. You could change it as you wish to fit in a full rest day.

Walliums

Postby Walliums » Fri May 05, 2017 2:39 pm

Is burnout really real?

Yes burnout is real. I work full time too and had to take a few days off LSAT because I was overstressed and performing poorly. Now I'm doing much better again.

Another suggestion I have as a full-time worker is to take a 35 minute section at lunchtime. Or set aside some time in the morning to do review. Your schedule is more flexible than you probably realize.

tanes25

Postby tanes25 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:36 am

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Would you guys suggest to review the test the day I take it? Or review the next day?

I've found that doing BR after the timed PT kinda helps because I remember my thought process and generally remember why I chose a certain AC. When I BR on a different test I'm often left wondering why I even considered a certain AC or why I did or did not eliminate the others. I can see advantages and disadvantages of both. No matter which way you decide the goal is to always get the right answer anytime that question is put before you because you know the strategy and the goal of that question type. I really don't think it matters though. Also, burnout is definitely real. Sometimes I feel like a day or 2 break gives me some sort of boost. I come back refreshed and it seems like some things have solidified during that time and I don't struggle with them so much. If you're mentally fatigued, pressuring yourself to keep going isn't helping you. You're probably just burning PT and spinning your wheels because you're not grasping what you're reviewing and you'll have to return with a clearer mind anyway. You know your limits. Just listen to your mind and body.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”