June or september

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

June or september

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi,

I plan on taking the june test but this will be my third and final take. I got a 163 and a 160 on my first and second take, respectively...and I am Pt-ing around 168-171. My anxiety got the best of me on my second take...but now, I'm not sure if I should take the June or September one. I would like to take the June one so I can get this test over with since I have been studying for about 1 year now for this. But I just don't know if I'm also even going to improve by September. I miss -2-4 per LR section, -0 on LG, and -5-8 on RC.

any advice would be great!

YBF-W

New

Re: June or september

Postby YBF-W » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Hi,

I plan on taking the june test but this will be my third and final take. I got a 163 and a 160 on my first and second take, respectively...and I am Pt-ing around 168-171. My anxiety got the best of me on my second take...but now, I'm not sure if I should take the June or September one. I would like to take the June one so I can get this test over with since I have been studying for about 1 year now for this. But I just don't know if I'm also even going to improve by September. I miss -2-4 per LR section, -0 on LG, and -5-8 on RC.

any advice would be great!

You're PTing a lot higher than your first two takes and 7 weeks is enough time to see even more improvement. Unless your goals like a 175+, you should be very fine for June with motivation and disciplined practice.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks for your response!

The thing is... I was PT-ing around this same level 6 months ago when I took my second time. While I would like to say I really did psych myself out on the test, I can't tell if that is just an excuse to make myself feel better or not. So now I'm just uncertain about my abilities

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Silver

Postby Platopus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:33 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:
lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Thanks for your response!

The thing is... I was PT-ing around this same level 6 months ago when I took my second time. While I would like to say I really did psych myself out on the test, I can't tell if that is just an excuse to make myself feel better or not. So now I'm just uncertain about my abilities

This might sound weird, but take a PT in a really loud coffee shop. If you can score a 168 under strict timing conditions with loud background music, the barista shouting orders, and a bunch of high school kids talking about the meaning of life, then I think you'll be fine.

I agree with the above. Try taking some PT's in unusual conditions and subject yourself to absolutely strict standards.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�