Drilling LSAT Mastery Without Remembering Answers? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
aepiscopo1

New

Drilling LSAT Mastery Without Remembering Answers?

Post by aepiscopo1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:36 am

Hi all,
I've been reading this forum for a while. I'm starting to go through the Kaplan LSAT Mastery book, among other resources for LR drilling. I'm going around -4 in each LR section currently. I'm wondering how I can go through LR drilling and improve my performance in the future but not just remember the answers from this book. Is there an amount of time I should wait after finishing this book? My resources use actual LSAT questions, so I'm wondering if there's a specific strategy for using the LSAT Mastery one.

Mikey

Platinum

Re: Drilling LSAT Mastery Without Remembering Answers?

Post by Mikey » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:04 am

Is that book the only LSAT resource you have? If so..

Get more practice tests, drilling material, and another resource that isn't Kaplan like powerscore or Manhattan prep books.

Don't rely just on the book, you should be using other questions to practice beyond it, not just the book.

aepiscopo1

New

Post by aepiscopo1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:53 pm

I have the Manhattan LR book and the Powerscore Lr book too. I haven't been through Powerscore in a while, And I just started the Mastery book, so I'll look through them to do drilling.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:29 pm

aepiscopo1 wrote:I have the Manhattan LR book and the Powerscore Lr book too. I haven't been through Powerscore in a while, And I just started the Mastery book, so I'll look through them to do drilling.
Beyond the books though, do you have practice tests?

aepiscopo1

New

Post by aepiscopo1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Yeah I have the ten actual official preptests series. I also have the Master the LSAT preptests 2 and 8. I'm hoping to take it in June, and I have virtually every preptest from 7 to 80. My score is hovering around 170, but I'm employing blind review as recommended by Manhattan Prep, and that has really helped. I'm better at RC and LG than LR, so I'm hoping to improve that to the same level. Sorry I didn't respond earlier as I had work. Now that I think of it, I also have the Powerscore workbooks that I haven't really touched yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:32 pm

aepiscopo1 wrote:Yeah I have the ten actual official preptests series. I also have the Master the LSAT preptests 2 and 8. I'm hoping to take it in June, and I have virtually every preptest from 7 to 80. My score is hovering around 170, but I'm employing blind review as recommended by Manhattan Prep, and that has really helped. I'm better at RC and LG than LR, so I'm hoping to improve that to the same level. Sorry I didn't respond earlier as I had work. Now that I think of it, I also have the Powerscore workbooks that I haven't really touched yet.
I see. I would say ditch the Kaplan crap and since you have the Manhattan LR book, then use that instead. Kaplan is pretty known among LSAT students to be pretty bad, while Manhattan and PS are well respected.

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Mikey wrote: I see. I would say ditch the Kaplan crap.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”