Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
barretoa1

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:31 am

Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby barretoa1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:38 am

Hello,

I am currently finishing my undergrad and want to choose a way to begin studying for the LSATs so that I am ready for the next December test.
I am starting from a clear slate and have not began studying yet.

I was looking into 7Sage and Lawschooli's online LSAT prep courses and I found both pretty good.
I had originally aimed to do self-study but I noticed I learn really well through lecture.
From those of you who have used either of these programs to prepare for the LSATs, what did you find good and bad about the program?

As a person beginning the LSAT preparation, do you have any words of advice?
Should I reconsider self-study from books and if so, what are some that you recommend?

I hope to not spend too much $ but I understand this is a big investment!

Thank you guys in advance!
:D

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby twiix » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:39 pm

I have not used Lawschooli so I can not speak of their content. 7Sage however has been an invaluable tool not only for myself, but many others throughout the community. They have a very active discussion board where users ask questions and discuss LSAT questions, get help with admissions, and various other aspects about the lsat and application process.

J.Y. (the brains behind 7sage) has all of his logic games uploaded to youtube. I would start with those. Go through some of them and see if your learning style meshes with his lecturing/teaching style. I think that it's awesome and works perfectly for me. 7Sage also has a 14 day money back guarantee, so you can always sign up for a starter course and see how it goes. They have more material than any other site if I had to guess. They have question banks with questions sorted by type, all prep tests available for you to print, and even analytic tools to help go over the PT's you finish. This analytic tool will help you focus your studies on weak areas.

https://7sage.com/progress/

The link above at one point led to a free trial. I'm already registered for the Ultimate+ Package (which is worth every penny for the amount of content you get access to) so I can't verify if it works or not. Either way, creating an account is free. Go check out the forums and browse through the website so see what all is there.

If you have any other specific questions feel free to ask away.

(FWIW I am a paying customer of 7sage and this review has not been influenced in any way besides by having amazing products :P )


edit: it's worth saying this : if you feel like 7sage is a good choice for you, spend some time up front and really research what you want to come from your studies. 7sage lets you upgrade between packages but the only downside to upgrading vs. purchasing outright is the amount of months included in each course. Purchasing Starter, Premium, Ultimate and Ultimate+ normally gives you 3 (Starter), 6 (Premium), 12 (Ultimate) and 18 (Ultimate+) months, but upgrading from a lower course will only give you +1 month per upgrade level. I learned this the hard way and I should have just bought Ultimate+ outright from the beginning.

User avatar
waldorf

Gold
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby waldorf » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 pm

I've only heard amazing things about 7sage. A friend showed me some of her material once and it seemed great, although I never used it myself.

I paid for Lawschooli's online study group and was never given any login information, even after e-mailing them countless times, etc. Wouldn't recommend. Waste of almost $200 as I was never able to use what I paid for. Whatever.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:15 pm

7Sage is the greatest LSAT prep company. Not only the thousands of hours of content, and JY's amazing approach and theories but the community itself. Lawschooli is essentially Evan and Josh who are two UChi grads trying to make extra money by creating study schedules based off of others companies books. They'll sell you a $20 "study schedule" that has you learning from Powerscore. WTF? Download Powerscore's free study schedule; it's not far off.

I mean the study schedules are decent at first glance, but it's just no comparison to 7Sage which gives you a full curriculum, problem sets, every PT w/ explanations, and free Lg explanations. And again, I cannot emphasize how helpful and kind the community on 7Sage is. People have spent hours helping me work through things.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby dietcoke1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:7Sage is the greatest LSAT prep company. Not only the thousands of hours of content, and JY's amazing approach and theories but the community itself. Lawschooli is essentially Evan and Josh who are two UChi grads trying to make extra money by creating study schedules based off of others companies books. They'll sell you a $20 "study schedule" that has you learning from Powerscore. WTF? Download Powerscore's free study schedule; it's not far off.

I mean the study schedules are decent at first glance, but it's just no comparison to 7Sage which gives you a full curriculum, problem sets, every PT w/ explanations, and free Lg explanations. And again, I cannot emphasize how helpful and kind the community on 7Sage is. People have spent hours helping me work through things.


7sage better be paying you

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:35 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:7Sage is the greatest LSAT prep company. Not only the thousands of hours of content, and JY's amazing approach and theories but the community itself. Lawschooli is essentially Evan and Josh who are two UChi grads trying to make extra money by creating study schedules based off of others companies books. They'll sell you a $20 "study schedule" that has you learning from Powerscore. WTF? Download Powerscore's free study schedule; it's not far off.

I mean the study schedules are decent at first glance, but it's just no comparison to 7Sage which gives you a full curriculum, problem sets, every PT w/ explanations, and free Lg explanations. And again, I cannot emphasize how helpful and kind the community on 7Sage is. People have spent hours helping me work through things.


7sage better be paying you


I'm one of their mentors but I'm not on the payroll. I do support them wholeheartedly and am just a huge fan. My only suggestion is to use something like Powerscore LR or Manhattan LR/ LSAT Trainer as a supplement. One downside--at least for me--was watching hours of video lessons put me in a passive learning position. I feel like I do my best learning by reading and reviewing different perspectives. I remember things way better when I read them. Luckily 7Sage has plenty of quizzes, problem sets, and things to keep you active and engaged. I found MLSAT and The Trainer + 7Sage to be what works best for me.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby proteinshake » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:09 pm

I use lawschooli the first time I studied (the 20 week schedule) and it was only after I took the test that I realized it was trash. It had be taking 4 damn practice tests a week in the 2 months leading up to the exam. go with 7Sage.

cantyoloforever

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby cantyoloforever » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:00 pm

proteinshake wrote:I use lawschooli the first time I studied (the 20 week schedule) and it was only after I took the test that I realized it was trash. It had be taking 4 damn practice tests a week in the 2 months leading up to the exam. go with 7Sage.

Do you mind elaborating on that? Did you find more improvement from taking fewer tests?

User avatar
lula43

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby lula43 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:03 pm

I didn't pay for prep so I can't be of much assistance here. However, the 7sage games videos that are on YouTube were a game changer for me. Regardless of who you end up going with, check them out!

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby proteinshake » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:28 pm

cantyoloforever wrote:
proteinshake wrote:I use lawschooli the first time I studied (the 20 week schedule) and it was only after I took the test that I realized it was trash. It had be taking 4 damn practice tests a week in the 2 months leading up to the exam. go with 7Sage.

Do you mind elaborating on that? Did you find more improvement from taking fewer tests?

I was super burnt out by test day and underperformed. I found 2 tests a week to be the best for me.

User avatar
tanes25

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby tanes25 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:07 am

Here's another vote for 7Sage. I cant compare it to anything else but my diagnostic was 141 and I'm now in the high 160s to low 170s. I've used 7Sage and The LSAT Trainer exclusively. The Trainer is excellent in LR (specifically the sections on Flaws) and RC. I would stick with 7Sage for LG over the Trainer. One thing you should know about 7Sage though. They do offer all PT and explanations, but it depends on the pkg you purchase. All LG are available but pay attention to the pkg you purchase for access to all explanations and printable PT. Just keep that in mind and read what you'll be getting access to if you decide to purchase. I started with the Starter pkg because I already had all PT so it was no biggie for me, but just a heads up! I had no issues and didn't feel like I was missing anything by not having explanations for all PT because I used Manhattan and other sites for explanations or I simply posted whatever on the 7Sage forums. Nope, I'm not being paid by 7Sage for this. I'd probably make this more juicy if so. I recommend 7Sage to everyone as soon as I hear them mention the LSAT. Yep, they're that good, imo.

User avatar
MercW07

Bronze
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby MercW07 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:36 pm

tanes25 wrote:Here's another vote for 7Sage. I cant compare it to anything else but my diagnostic was 141 and I'm now in the high 160s to low 170s. I've used 7Sage and The LSAT Trainer exclusively. The Trainer is excellent in LR (specifically the sections on Flaws) and RC. I would stick with 7Sage for LG over the Trainer. One thing you should know about 7Sage though. They do offer all PT and explanations, but it depends on the pkg you purchase. All LG are available but pay attention to the pkg you purchase for access to all explanations and printable PT. Just keep that in mind and read what you'll be getting access to if you decide to purchase. I started with the Starter pkg because I already had all PT so it was no biggie for me, but just a heads up! I had no issues and didn't feel like I was missing anything by not having explanations for all PT because I used Manhattan and other sites for explanations or I simply posted whatever on the 7Sage forums. Nope, I'm not being paid by 7Sage for this. I'd probably make this more juicy if so. I recommend 7Sage to everyone as soon as I hear them mention the LSAT. Yep, they're that good, imo.


How long did it take you to get from a 141 to high 160s low 170s? and at what point in your studying did you but the 7sage course?

barretoa1

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:31 am

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby barretoa1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:00 pm

TWiiX wrote:I have not used Lawschooli so I can not speak of their content. 7Sage however has been an invaluable tool not only for myself, but many others throughout the community. They have a very active discussion board where users ask questions and discuss LSAT questions, get help with admissions, and various other aspects about the lsat and application process.

J.Y. (the brains behind 7sage) has all of his logic games uploaded to youtube. I would start with those. Go through some of them and see if your learning style meshes with his lecturing/teaching style. I think that it's awesome and works perfectly for me. 7Sage also has a 14 day money back guarantee, so you can always sign up for a starter course and see how it goes. They have more material than any other site if I had to guess. They have question banks with questions sorted by type, all prep tests available for you to print, and even analytic tools to help go over the PT's you finish. This analytic tool will help you focus your studies on weak areas.

https://7sage.com/progress/

The link above at one point led to a free trial. I'm already registered for the Ultimate+ Package (which is worth every penny for the amount of content you get access to) so I can't verify if it works or not. Either way, creating an account is free. Go check out the forums and browse through the website so see what all is there.

If you have any other specific questions feel free to ask away.

(FWIW I am a paying customer of 7sage and this review has not been influenced in any way besides by having amazing products :P )


edit: it's worth saying this : if you feel like 7sage is a good choice for you, spend some time up front and really research what you want to come from your studies. 7sage lets you upgrade between packages but the only downside to upgrading vs. purchasing outright is the amount of months included in each course. Purchasing Starter, Premium, Ultimate and Ultimate+ normally gives you 3 (Starter), 6 (Premium), 12 (Ultimate) and 18 (Ultimate+) months, but upgrading from a lower course will only give you +1 month per upgrade level. I learned this the hard way and I should have just bought Ultimate+ outright from the beginning.



Thank you for the great insight on your experience with 7sage. I just have one question. Just like anyone else, I'd hope to be able to avoid getting the most expensive package but at the same time being able to study from quality sources. Would you say there were any outside books or online videos that could substitute for me not getting the ultimate package? For example, any specific youtube channels?

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby twiix » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:42 pm

barretoa1 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:I have not used Lawschooli so I can not speak of their content. 7Sage however has been an invaluable tool not only for myself, but many others throughout the community. They have a very active discussion board where users ask questions and discuss LSAT questions, get help with admissions, and various other aspects about the lsat and application process.

J.Y. (the brains behind 7sage) has all of his logic games uploaded to youtube. I would start with those. Go through some of them and see if your learning style meshes with his lecturing/teaching style. I think that it's awesome and works perfectly for me. 7Sage also has a 14 day money back guarantee, so you can always sign up for a starter course and see how it goes. They have more material than any other site if I had to guess. They have question banks with questions sorted by type, all prep tests available for you to print, and even analytic tools to help go over the PT's you finish. This analytic tool will help you focus your studies on weak areas.

https://7sage.com/progress/

The link above at one point led to a free trial. I'm already registered for the Ultimate+ Package (which is worth every penny for the amount of content you get access to) so I can't verify if it works or not. Either way, creating an account is free. Go check out the forums and browse through the website so see what all is there.

If you have any other specific questions feel free to ask away.

(FWIW I am a paying customer of 7sage and this review has not been influenced in any way besides by having amazing products :P )


edit: it's worth saying this : if you feel like 7sage is a good choice for you, spend some time up front and really research what you want to come from your studies. 7sage lets you upgrade between packages but the only downside to upgrading vs. purchasing outright is the amount of months included in each course. Purchasing Starter, Premium, Ultimate and Ultimate+ normally gives you 3 (Starter), 6 (Premium), 12 (Ultimate) and 18 (Ultimate+) months, but upgrading from a lower course will only give you +1 month per upgrade level. I learned this the hard way and I should have just bought Ultimate+ outright from the beginning.



Thank you for the great insight on your experience with 7sage. I just have one question. Just like anyone else, I'd hope to be able to avoid getting the most expensive package but at the same time being able to study from quality sources. Would you say there were any outside books or online videos that could substitute for me not getting the ultimate package? For example, any specific youtube channels?


There are definitely outside sources to supplement the 7sage material. The benefit from the Ultimate+ course comes from accessing almost all of the PT's (I think they are working on adding 1-30 or something, but 30-current are already available) and from the explanations. They also have question banks of EVERY question from those PT's with video answers.

You don't get any additional lecturing material from upgrading packages.. but you do get access to a larger group of content as mentioned above.

To complement my 7sage course I've used The LSAT Trainer, Manhattan RC/LR and Blueprints RC book. A lot of people swear by the Logic Game Bible but that doesn't need to be purchased if you use 7sages explanations on youtube.

At some point in your studies you will need to begin doing practice tests. If you purchased these separately from other sources I bet the cost is pretty comparable to 7sage's upgraded cost (I haven't actually looked or compared so don't take this for law). Depending on your ultimate goal will depend how many PT's you will likely need. If you are aiming 160+ I think it's safe to say that all of them will be useful for PT's and section drilling.

User avatar
freekick

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Lawschooli VS 7Sage LSAT Prep? Which is better?

Postby freekick » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:59 pm

bwaldorf wrote:I've only heard amazing things about 7sage. A friend showed me some of her material once and it seemed great, although I never used it myself.

I paid for Lawschooli's online study group and was never given any login information, even after e-mailing them countless times, etc. Wouldn't recommend. Waste of almost $200 as I was never able to use what I paid for. Whatever.


+100 to this and other horror experiences reported in other posts. I lost money too. Lawschooli is a thorough waste of time and $$. Stay clear. 7Sage is incomparably better.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests