The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
43%
Yeah, kind of
17%
Ehh, hoping for the best
15%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
19%

Total votes: 47

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:44 pm

Alexandros wrote:Tbf, looks like the withdraws got Rubies / Vandies / etc so I wouldn't fault them for that.

I dunno but I'd rather just a "no sorry can't take anymore students next year" than getting ignored. I get it though.
(also there is like zero info on how you even do honors at my school so I asked a friend and basically you just email people until someone replies. myschoolfuckingsucksicantwaittoleaveandtherearewaytoomanygunners.jpg)

this is true, I guess it is MVP down throwing out hail mary for the applicant.

The workforce is the same dude. When I was applying for jobs, I greatly appreciated the "sorry no" opposed to being ghosted forever. If you don't like the gunners now, just wait buddeh.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:06 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Tbf, looks like the withdraws got Rubies / Vandies / etc so I wouldn't fault them for that.

I dunno but I'd rather just a "no sorry can't take anymore students next year" than getting ignored. I get it though.
(also there is like zero info on how you even do honors at my school so I asked a friend and basically you just email people until someone replies. myschoolfuckingsucksicantwaittoleaveandtherearewaytoomanygunners.jpg)

this is true, I guess it is MVP down throwing out hail mary for the applicant.

The workforce is the same dude. When I was applying for jobs, I greatly appreciated the "sorry no" opposed to being ghosted forever. If you don't like the gunners now, just wait buddeh.

Yeah, most of life is ghosting or getting ghosted. whatever, tbh.
I used to be a simple farmer, now I'm a gunner and a prestige whore.
#angst

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Postby melmelcoolj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 pm

TWiiX wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I cannot believe I am doing another LSAT in September. I am a little sad that I am probably getting WL-ed at all T14s, but shooting for that 175 and Columbia next cycle!

Better to reach your potential than to give up short. Even if takes an extra year.. that's a drop in the bucket when you figure you'll be working for 30+. Definitely worth it to do it right the first time instead of regretting it for the rest of your life. Welcome to the squad!

Thanks TWiiX for your encouragement, and cool screen name! That is what I have been telling myself, though it sucks to have to study for the LSAT again. I plan on moving out of my parents' house, and getting my own apartment. So when I return home to work on LSAT each day after work, I would not be disturbed by my parents. But it sucks to have to do this all over again.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:12 am

Guys... guys...?

GUYS!!!!

Ok, I'll leave now.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:15 am

Pozzo wrote:Guys... guys...?

GUYS!!!!

Ok, I'll leave now.

:o

i still haven't figured out what this thing is exactly

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:36 am

Alexandros wrote:

GUYS!!!!

Ok, I'll leave now.

[+] Spoiler

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:46 am

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

GUYS!!!!

Ok, I'll leave now.

[+] Spoiler

Is the digital LSAT a massive TLS/Spivey-wide joke
if so consider me played.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:01 am

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

GUYS!!!!

Ok, I'll leave now.

[+] Spoiler

Nah, it's no joke. LSAC is piloting it on 5/20. And you can apply to take it too! Here---> http://digitallsat.lsac.org/Pages/Default.aspx

This would obviously be a huge change, and I would guess is they're feeling pressure to go digital with the GRE movement afoot.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 am

Last edited by Alexandros on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:08 am

Pozzo wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

GUYS!!!!

Ok, I'll leave now.

[+] Spoiler

Nah, it's no joke. LSAC is piloting it on 5/20. And you can apply to take it too! Here---> http://digitallsat.lsac.org/Pages/Default.aspx

This would obviously be a huge change, and I would guess is they're feeling pressure to go digital with the GRE movement afoot.

Well for y'all's sake not you Pozzo I hope they don't make any major changes too soon. Sounds like a great PT experience though.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:28 am

I bit the bullet and signed up for the digital LSAT. There's a test center basically ~20 minutes away and I think it'll hold me to study harder/more so I don't embarrass myself. Once I signed up they did say a decent number of things will be provided :

• Stylus
• Scratch paper
• Multiple font sizes
• Adjustable line spacing
• Brightness adjustment
• Android accessibility features such as:
o Large text
o High-contrast text
o Touch-and-hold delay (none, short, medium, long)
o Magnification gestures
o Color inversion
o Color correction including deuteranomaly (red-green), protanomaly (red-green), and tritanomaly (blue-yellow)

With a stylus being provided maybe we will have room on screen to write LG's and mark up passages? It'll be interesting for sure. I'm curious though where the questions they are going to use on this thing are coming from. Whether it's just randomly chosen from existing tests, a copy of June's upcoming test (can't foresee this happening), or if it is entirely new questions.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:43 pm

Phone alarm did not go off this morning, despite being plugged into charger. Phone is now not responding to any of my attempts to charge it, turn it on, etc. Cool, cool.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:35 pm

TWiiX wrote:I bit the bullet and signed up for the digital LSAT. There's a test center basically ~20 minutes away and I think it'll hold me to study harder/more so I don't embarrass myself. Once I signed up they did say a decent number of things will be provided :

• Stylus
• Scratch paper
• Multiple font sizes
• Adjustable line spacing
• Brightness adjustment
• Android accessibility features such as:
o Large text
o High-contrast text
o Touch-and-hold delay (none, short, medium, long)
o Magnification gestures
o Color inversion
o Color correction including deuteranomaly (red-green), protanomaly (red-green), and tritanomaly (blue-yellow)

With a stylus being provided maybe we will have room on screen to write LG's and mark up passages? It'll be interesting for sure. I'm curious though where the questions they are going to use on this thing are coming from. Whether it's just randomly chosen from existing tests, a copy of June's upcoming test (can't foresee this happening), or if it is entirely new questions.

Rad! I really wanted to sign up, but there's not a test center nearby. They *might* use some old questions from undisclosed tests. I would imagine they're trying to gauge performance compared to a paper test, so it would seem they'd have to have some control to compare it.

Lauracg10

New

Postby Lauracg10 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:00 pm

So I have begun the 6 month long rigorous study prep for this test in Sept. I had no idea how to study or what to do, so I hired a tutor. I'm confident he is not leading me astray thus far. I have not taken a prep test as I dont care what my score is without studying, so that will come after doing a shit ton of questions! In all honesty, I dont know when I will take my first full prep test, but I can say, I have went through about 30 tests so far and have completed every main point question with little error... So I am on track... next tutoring session is on Sunday morning. Off to print off more prep tests and buy binder to keep them all in! :shock: :D

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:17 pm

159 diagnostic. I'm pretty darn happy with that, especially considering I got bored and rushed through the test and had doggie distractions lol.

potus

Bronze

Postby potus » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:20 pm

oopsu812 wrote:159 diagnostic. I'm pretty darn happy with that, especially considering I got bored and rushed through the test and had doggie distractions lol.

Congrats! You've beaten my test day score after studying 5 years.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:48 pm

oopsu812 wrote:159 diagnostic. I'm pretty darn happy with that, especially considering I got bored and rushed through the test and had doggie distractions lol.

You're going to be good. Take pts in different locations tho (unless your TC is a location you can go to).

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Postby CottonHarvest » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:52 pm

Took my first PT this week after going through the Trainer except the reading comp sections. I scored a 169. RC is a major issue for me (-7), and I really need some strategies for it.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:01 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

You're going to be good. Take pts in different locations tho (unless your TC is a location you can go to).

Yeah I'm taking summer classes, so I'll be taking most of my PTs on campus, which is where my TC is, I believe. I'm feeling pretty optimistic. The majority of the LR/RC questions I got wrong were ones that I knew I likely had wrong, but couldn't be bothered to think too hard about, lol.

Have all of the PTs, so I think I'll get 1-30 or 40 ready for drilling by question type later. Do you (or anyone else) recommend reading through the MH books before drilling, or drilling as you go?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:05 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Yeah I'm taking summer classes, so I'll be taking most of my PTs on campus, which is where my TC is, I believe. I'm feeling pretty optimistic. The majority of the LR/RC questions I got wrong were ones that I knew I likely had wrong, but couldn't be bothered to think too hard about, lol.

Have all of the PTs, so I think I'll get 1-30 or 40 ready for drilling by question type later. Do you (or anyone else) recommend reading through the MH books before drilling, or drilling as you go?

Yeah, the desensitization to the TC will help your mentality a lot imo. I would go through the books as you drill seperating it into ~1 hour of drilling and ~1 hour of reading.

Also, wtf is UT doing? They are being super stingy according to LSN with the high LSATers. Not even splitters, people with Hammys got like 34 grand total (minus their instate tuition exemption)

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:23 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Yeah, the desensitization to the TC will help your mentality a lot imo. I would go through the books as you drill seperating it into ~1 hour of drilling and ~1 hour of reading.

Also, wtf is UT doing? They are being super stingy according to LSN with the high LSATers. Not even splitters, people with Hammys got like 34 grand total (minus their instate tuition exemption)

Right? That's what I thought too.

Solid diagnostic, Oopsu! and PTs on campus / in TC location is a good idea.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:33 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Can't stress how important differing locations taking PTs should be. I was studying post grad at my parents in the sticks where my parents were the youngest people I would see on a daily basis and I was cultured shocked at my TC (sounds stupid but it messes with your brain).

Idk what UT motive is. Sure they are "T14" now but you are stiffing 3.7/175 with sometimes $20 grand total.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:38 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Cheers, Alex. Seems like we are starting and (hopefully) ending at similar scores plz. Could I ask how long you studied for, what progress looked like, etc? Have you written any posts about it that I haven't seen?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:55 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Cheers, Alex. Seems like we are starting and (hopefully) ending at similar scores plz. Could I ask how long you studied for, what progress looked like, etc? Have you written any posts about it that I haven't seen?

Essentially started May 1, right after exams, (got books and studied for a week or two in Jan but that doesn't count) so just under 5 months. first month was almost entirely LG which was a grind. I got insanely lucky on test-day which is why I haven't written a guide or anything, but I recommend checking out SweetTort's - he removed it but it's quoted in the replies.

also I'm in a cafe and there's water coming out of the ceiling. Or maybe a light? Not sure. anyways I'm leaving this cafe.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:15 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Essentially started May 1, right after exams, (got books and studied for a week or two in Jan but that doesn't count) so just under 5 months. first month was almost entirely LG which was a grind. I got insanely lucky on test-day which is why I haven't written a guide or anything, but I recommend checking out SweetTort's - he removed it but it's quoted in the replies.

also I'm in a cafe and there's water coming out of the ceiling. Or maybe a light? Not sure. anyways I'm leaving this cafe.

[+] Spoiler

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?