The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Alexandros wrote:And the H bloodbath has begun.

I'm getting 2nd hand anxiety from reading UVA and now this.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:39 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

Fuck me too, jesus.

Sorry to the casualties ITT - but I know y'all have excellent outcomes as it is. 8)

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:42 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Fuck me too, jesus.

Sorry to the casualties ITT - but I know y'all have excellent outcomes as it is. 8)

I saw like 94 people withdraw Mordecai from duke after researching for 15 minutes... y tho?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:48 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Fuck me too, jesus.

I saw like 94 people withdraw Mordecai from duke after researching for 15 minutes... y tho?

I read that as they withdrew after researching for 15 minutes, thought maybe there was some terrifying stipulation attached to it.

also GULP http://lawschoolnumbers.com/seeprybyrun late app tho, and they got a Vandy so I don't feel sorry for them. but still.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:55 pm

TO SPEAK OF LIGHTER THINGS John Mayer's Daughters is the one and only song that can claim the prestigious title of "even worse than Sorry."

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Fuck me too, jesus.

I read that as they withdrew after researching for 15 minutes, thought maybe there was some terrifying stipulation attached to it.

also GULP http://lawschoolnumbers.com/seeprybyrun late app tho, and they got a Vandy so I don't feel sorry for them. but still.

Lmao, full ride but you owe us your children. My previous proclamation that the first T13 to give me substantial money is where I commit on the spot.

That's a late app, has to be. Most money is distributed in February, right? I was reading a lot of sub 3.5s and 176+ got WL at Harvard, times may be changing.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Fuck me too, jesus.

Lmao, full ride but you owe us your children. My previous proclamation that the first T13 to give me substantial money is where I commit on the spot.

That's a late app, has to be. Most money is distributed in February, right? I was reading a lot of sub 3.5s and 176+ got WL at Harvard, times may be changing.

Yeah late Jan/Feb dates. still though, above both 75th, Jesus. also Nimbus, that was 100% a YP if I ever saw one. H didn't take falling to #3 very well.

H and me need to have a little talk...

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:13 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Yeah late Jan/Feb dates. still though, above both 75th, Jesus. also Nimbus, that was 100% a YP if I ever saw one. H didn't take falling to #3 very well.

Also re what you were saying before - yeah a lot of the sub 3.5 176+ were in the WL wave, and they do pull a substantial amount off the WL I think. Will be interesting to see if falling LSATs cause anything to happen there.

Did the LoR work out btw? Sorry if that's a bad question.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Yeah late Jan/Feb dates. still though, above both 75th, Jesus. also Nimbus, that was 100% a YP if I ever saw one. H didn't take falling to #3 very well.

Also re what you were saying before - yeah a lot of the sub 3.5 176+ were in the WL wave, and they do pull a substantial amount off the WL I think. Will be interesting to see if falling LSATs cause anything to happen there.

Don't they usually pull them super super late into the cycle. Juneish?
1 wasn't there and the other said she'd do it. still going to press the absent professor because I know she can write a really good one.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:26 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

1 wasn't there and the other said she'd do it. still going to press the absent professor because I know she can write a really good one.

Yeah don't know but that sounds about right.

Congrats on the one!! Hope the other one works out too.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:29 pm

Is it too early to start chugging wine?
I am feeling v stressed suddenly.

nimbus cloud

Silver

Postby nimbus cloud » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Who YP'ed me? What did I miss??

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

How to get me to go to your school.
1. Be MVP-DNBC
2. Offer me $$$ after interview
3. Receive seat deposit in 24 hours

And thanks, I had my work clothes on so she probably thought that I was weird wearing a tie but I did explain myself and told her about my job, etc. The only thing that might have bit me is that I told her not to rush with it and do it whenever she can so, I probably won't have it until next year.

nimbus cloud

Silver

Postby nimbus cloud » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Updated my cycle info in my profile if anyone is interested. Will add to LSN soon.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:56 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

How to get me to go to your school.
1. Be MVP-DNBC
2. Offer me $$$ after interview
3. Receive seat deposit in 24 hours

And thanks, I had my work clothes on so she probably thought that I was weird wearing a tie but I did explain myself and told her about my job, etc. The only thing that might have bit me is that I told her not to rush with it and do it whenever she can so, I probably won't have it until next year.

I prob won't put a seat deposit down anywhere until late in the game, because things can always be negotiated and I can't make decisions.

That's dope. And nah I don't think that'll have hurt you - It's more respectful to say that than tell them to rush it.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Alexandros wrote:I prob won't put a seat deposit down anywhere until late in the game, because things can always be negotiated and I can't make decisions.

That's dope. And nah I don't think that'll have hurt you - It's more respectful to say that than tell them to rush it.

If Chi came at you with a first wave Ruby you wouldn't bite? I'd totally pull a Tort and as soon as I get a significant offer (Not a named most likely, but a 3.2 got Darrow There is hope) they own me.

I don't need it until October lol, but I'd like all my ducks in a row ASAP.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Alexandros wrote:Is it too early to start chugging wine?
I am feeling v stressed suddenly.

Never too early. Especially if it's a nice Riesling.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:05 pm

proteinshake was talking about cheap duke housing... where, all I've seen is 1000 per room 2 bedroom apartments.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:10 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I prob won't put a seat deposit down anywhere until late in the game, because things can always be negotiated and I can't make decisions.

If Chi came at you with a first wave Ruby you wouldn't bite? I'd totally pull a Tort and as soon as I get a significant offer (Not a named most likely, but a 3.2 got Darrow There is hope) they own me.

I'd probably bite eventually if it was a Ruby but no use putting down your seat deposit down too soon, especially if you haven't heard back from peer schools yet; they aren't gonna take away your offer and you paid for your apps.

Yea you'll be fine. just send a reminder if it takes too long.
... meanwhile no one I'm emailing to supervise my honors thesis is replying so I'm taking that as a no, everyone hates u Alex.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I'd probably bite eventually if it was a Ruby but no use putting down your seat deposit down too soon, especially if you haven't heard back from peer schools yet; they aren't gonna take away your offer and you paid for your apps.

... meanwhile no one I'm emailing to supervise my honors thesis is replying so I'm taking that as a no, everyone hates u Alex.

I envy those who turn down the named scholarships. Look at Duke on LSN this cycle, 10 or so mordecais and the majority have withdrawn.

When should your supervisorz get back to you? Maybe it is an end or the semester type thing

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:19 pm

okay, 99% sure I'm going to Northwestern! Really didn't think that was how this was going to play out.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I envy those who turn down the named scholarships. Look at Duke on LSN this cycle, 10 or so mordecais and the majority have withdrawn.

When should your supervisorz get back to you? Maybe it is an end or the semester type thing

Tbf, looks like the withdraws got Rubies / Vandies / etc so I wouldn't fault them for that.

I dunno but I'd rather just a "no sorry can't take anymore students next year" than getting ignored. I get it though.
(also there is like zero info on how you even do honors at my school so I asked a friend and basically you just email people until someone replies. myschoolfuckingsucksicantwaittoleaveandtherearewaytoomanygunners.jpg)
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm

guybourdin wrote:okay, 99% sure I'm going to Northwestern! Really didn't think that was how this was going to play out.

YEEE 8) Got some $$?

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Alexandros wrote:
guybourdin wrote:okay, 99% sure I'm going to Northwestern! Really didn't think that was how this was going to play out.

YEEE 8) Got some $$?

enough to make it work!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?