The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
43%
Yeah, kind of
17%
Ehh, hoping for the best
15%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
19%

Total votes: 47

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:15 pm

chargers21 wrote:UVA is taking the lambs to slaughter today

It's gonna be a bloodbath in the H Y threads pretty soon.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Alexandros wrote:

I always forget I'm still waiting on a UVA decision

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:21 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

The disparity between the schools I am waiting on is enormous. UVA and NYU (WL I'm assuming) and..... WashU and Vandy. Texas has an excuse. I'm considering my cycle over for all practical purposes, though

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:23 pm

chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

The disparity between the schools I am waiting on is enormous. UVA and NYU (WL I'm assuming) and..... WashU and Vandy. Texas has an excuse. I'm considering my cycle over for all practical purposes, though

UVA seems to be either super fast or incredibly slow.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:24 pm

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm

TWiiX wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:everyone is going to the Church of Iron, meanwhile I'm sitting here struggling to breathe because sick.

If it makes you feel better, I haven't gone in two days because of work.

Also, it's better to recover from being sick, gather all your energy, and go all in when your feeling better/healthy!!

and if it makes YOU feel better about your 2 day hiatus, I haven't been able to get back into a regular routine since straining my shoulder over a year ago. Went from 6 days a week for 2.5 years to basically never :roll:

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that! Did you try doing physical therapy or seeing a doctor to see if you could ever go to the gym again or work with the injury to improve it/heal?

I had a really bad accident years ago where I was walking and basically got run over by a car, I was on medication for a few months (I couldn't move my body parts without help) but after a year or two I became ok. I never went through physical therapy because it's too expensive and my work experience includes not making a huge paycheck.. maybe one day lmao

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:43 pm

littlewing67 wrote:YO anyone doing the May lsat experiment tablet thing get a response via email yet?

I didn't sign up but does it count as a take? I would assume not since you don't get a score, but I'm not 100% sure, do you know?

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:YO anyone doing the May lsat experiment tablet thing get a response via email yet?

I didn't sign up but does it count as a take? I would assume not since you don't get a score, but I'm not 100% sure, do you know?

is the test online or something or do you have to go to a test center?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Mikey wrote:

It no count 4 take.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Mikey wrote:

You all are so lucky you can take it, they are not offering it in my state :/ I look forward to reading peoples' experiences about it on here come May.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:54 pm

PrezRand wrote:
Mikey wrote:

at a TC

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:56 pm

I signed up for the beta. It's like an hour and a half away but it's in the city where I did UG and I have some friends there so I can make a day out of it, maybe take that gift card to a couple bars haha. It would be cool if you could use your score to bolster your application though. Unless you score low of course.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:59 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I signed up for the beta. It's like an hour and a half away but it's in the city where I did UG and I have some friends there so I can make a day out of it, maybe take that gift card to a couple bars haha. It would be cool if you could use your score to bolster your application though. Unless you score low of course.

I'd be pissed if I got a really high score on it tbh. especially if I take in sept with regular paper and don't do as well

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Mikey wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
Mikey wrote:

at a TC

nah fuk dat. thats gas money

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:15 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:I signed up for the beta. It's like an hour and a half away but it's in the city where I did UG and I have some friends there so I can make a day out of it, maybe take that gift card to a couple bars haha. It would be cool if you could use your score to bolster your application though. Unless you score low of course.

I'd be pissed if I got a really high score on it tbh. especially if I take in sept with regular paper and don't do as well

Nah I will probably do worst on a tablet, or computer. I like having the paper in front of me to write on and doodle all over. Especially for logic games. It would be 10x more effort to have to transfer all that info on a paper and look up and down at my screen and scratch paper.

I would like a weird game and hard RC section to practice on. my guess is that it'll be pretty easy.

I hope the lsac doesn't go "Lmao hope you enjoyed that because we counted that as a take."

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:20 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Nah I will probably do worst on a tablet, or computer. I like having the paper in front of me to write on and doodle all over. Especially for logic games. It would be 10x more effort to have to transfer all that info on a paper and look up and down at my screen and scratch paper.

I would like a weird game and hard RC section to practice on. my guess is that it'll be pretty easy.

I hope the lsac doesn't go "Lmao hope you enjoyed that because we counted that as a take."

lol they probably say it doesn't count but they send it to schools anyway. "Ah I see this applicant scored a 173 on his LSAT...but he did only manage a 161 on the tablet exam...deny!"

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:23 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

lol they probably say it doesn't count but they send it to schools anyway. "Ah I see this applicant scored a 173 on his LSAT...but he did only manage a 161 on the tablet exam...deny!"

If that really happened, I'd sob for days and give up on LS. Our account for the digital test isn't linked through our LSAC account tho...

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:29 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:everyone is going to the Church of Iron, meanwhile I'm sitting here struggling to breathe because sick.

Also, it's better to recover from being sick, gather all your energy, and go all in when your feeling better/healthy!!

and if it makes YOU feel better about your 2 day hiatus, I haven't been able to get back into a regular routine since straining my shoulder over a year ago. Went from 6 days a week for 2.5 years to basically never :roll:

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that! Did you try doing physical therapy or seeing a doctor to see if you could ever go to the gym again or work with the injury to improve it/heal?

I had a really bad accident years ago where I was walking and basically got run over by a car, I was on medication for a few months (I couldn't move my body parts without help) but after a year or two I became ok. I never went through physical therapy because it's too expensive and my work experience includes not making a huge paycheck.. maybe one day lmao

Yeah I got it all cleared for the most part. Did PT and then got the A-OK from doc. Being out of the gym for 2 months was just demoralizing and killed the routine I had worked so long to make habitual. I still have some small issues, but only doing traditional BP but it's probably because my supporting muscles have gone to shit from being a slob and not working out in so long.

Your accident sounds way worse than mine lol, not even a comparison! Since you never did PT do you have any lingering issues? That seems like a crazy one to just let naturally heal and walk away without anything still nagging.
Last edited by twiix on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

If that really happened, I'd sob for days and give up on LS. Our account for the digital test isn't linked through our LSAC account tho...

From their website (http://digitallsat.lsac.org/pages/Default.aspx):

The Digital LSAT Pilot Test includes actual LSAT questions, but will not result in an LSAT score.

and further down we have ..

Digital LSAT Pilot Test results are not LSAT scores and will not be transmitted to law schools.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:32 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Have you heard back yet with ur ticket? :!: :!: :!: I'm about to send a follow up email to confirm receipt of my original email.

Edit: I have super anxiety all the time and sent a follow up email lolz

No, I've only got my confirmation and I sent a follow up yesterday after it.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:18 pm

TWiiX wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

Yeah I got it all cleared for the most part. Did PT and then got the A-OK from doc. Being out of the gym for 2 months was just demoralizing and killed the routine I had worked so long to make habitual. I still have some small issues, but only doing traditional BP but it's probably because my supporting muscles have gone to shit from being a slob and not working out in so long.

Your accident sounds way worse than mine lol, not even a comparison! Since you never did PT do you have any lingering issues? That seems like a crazy one to just let naturally heal and walk away without anything still nagging.

Lol it was pretty bad.. I have lower back pain, so for instance whenever I wash dishes (I know weird) my lower back really hurts me, it just kills.. I probably waited a year or two until I started "exercising again" I was involved in dance so I went back to it and it was really intensive.. I didn't really feel any pain at the time with dance, but when I switched to gym workouts and exercise I notice that if I do a glute bridge I sometimes get pain in the upper shoulders/neck area. And supermans KILL my lower back (I tried it for the first time last week, I think I'm not going to do them again!) For the most part though, it's just my lower back.. I kind of worry about it sometimes, but I chose to work in an idealistic field (it's what I'm passionate about) so I can't really do anything about it.. Maybe after law school lol

You know what, sure, you took off a lot of time from exercise and the gym, but if it's something you absolutely love to do, it's never too late! You can always start off slow and work with what suits your body! Baby steps :)

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:19 pm

And the H bloodbath has begun.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?