The Official September 2017 Study Group

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
19
43%
Yeah, kind of
8
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
6
14%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
18%
 
Total votes: 44

User avatar
twiix
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:54 am

Mikey wrote:I don't really work out anymore because I'm a lazy SOB. But when I used to work out a lot, i preferred the AM. For cardio I loved doing it as soon as I woke up. Anything else didn't matter what time though.

The gym I used to go to was ALWAYS packed as soon as it opened and it was a pain in the ass. So for cardio I had started to just go for an outdoor jog.

Would like to get back into working out, but again, I'm lazy


Im going to be replacing my LSAT study time with gym time once this bastard is done. Hoping I'll get a decent score on Sat so I can work out again, because my body hates me for stopping. I just don't have the time to do both atm, which sucks.

User avatar
chewinggum
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 am

Yea, I think I'll do like 15 minutes of cardio or something.

Morning workouts are so much easier to get out of the way lol. But I do like the occasional midnight workout :)

sev
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby sev » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:44 am

I swear, if one more law school wishes me good luck and reminds me to bring no. 2 pencils...

User avatar
Barry grandpapy
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:02 am

twiix wrote:
Mikey wrote:I don't really work out anymore because I'm a lazy SOB. But when I used to work out a lot, i preferred the AM. For cardio I loved doing it as soon as I woke up. Anything else didn't matter what time though.

The gym I used to go to was ALWAYS packed as soon as it opened and it was a pain in the ass. So for cardio I had started to just go for an outdoor jog.

Would like to get back into working out, but again, I'm lazy


Im going to be replacing my LSAT study time with gym time once this bastard is done. Hoping I'll get a decent score on Sat so I can work out again, because my body hates me for stopping. I just don't have the time to do both atm, which sucks.


I'm going to cut back on margs after Saturday.

Edit: I can't wait for the waiters thread!

User avatar
Walliums
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:34 am

Barry grandpapy wrote:
twiix wrote:
Mikey wrote:I don't really work out anymore because I'm a lazy SOB. But when I used to work out a lot, i preferred the AM. For cardio I loved doing it as soon as I woke up. Anything else didn't matter what time though.

The gym I used to go to was ALWAYS packed as soon as it opened and it was a pain in the ass. So for cardio I had started to just go for an outdoor jog.

Would like to get back into working out, but again, I'm lazy


Im going to be replacing my LSAT study time with gym time once this bastard is done. Hoping I'll get a decent score on Sat so I can work out again, because my body hates me for stopping. I just don't have the time to do both atm, which sucks.


I'm going to cut back on margs after Saturday.

Edit: I can't wait for the waiters thread!


You are going to crush this, King of LSAT!

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby littlewing67 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 am

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 am

littlewing67 wrote:
sev wrote:I swear, if one more law school wishes me good luck and reminds me to bring no. 2 pencils...


And I quote "Try not to leave any questions blank." Thanks for that pro-tip TTT school.

my reply: "thanks, wouldn't have known without you! <3"

saf18hornet
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby saf18hornet » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 am

For those of you interested, I'm trolling the class of 2020 median thread about changing the T13, T6, HYS jargon and some guy is really getting bent out of shape.

User avatar
chewinggum
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:45 am

Really hoping for a relatively straightforward LG section and the inevitable "weird" one to be like viruses or offices.

74-4 took me for a ride yesterday!

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby littlewing67 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:49 am

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:55 am

littlewing67 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Really hoping for a relatively straightforward LG section and the inevitable "weird" one to be like viruses or offices.

74-4 took me for a ride yesterday!


I vote for a circle game. Or mapping. Those are the most fun rare types in my book.

circle games are actually pretty easy imo, I wouldn't mind one. I wouldn't mind a game like viruses again either tbh. PT80's weird game was hard af under time but I figured it out un-timed and the 7sage exp was extremely helpful.

User avatar
Ntp73821
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Ntp73821 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:56 am

littlewing67 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Really hoping for a relatively straightforward LG section and the inevitable "weird" one to be like viruses or offices.

74-4 took me for a ride yesterday!


I vote for a circle game. Or mapping. Those are the most fun rare types in my book.


If we get a game like viruses I'm done. :roll:

User avatar
chewinggum
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:59 am

They aren't nice enough to give us a mapping game lol

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:If we get a game like viruses I'm done. :roll:

nah, it's just a small step above a sequencing game tbh. it's pretty simple if you think of it as a sequencing game! :P

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:If we get a game like viruses I'm done. :roll:

nah, it's just a small step above a sequencing game tbh. it's pretty simple if you think of it as a sequencing game! :P


Yeah i agree, Mikey...and really with any of the weird games the key is just have enough time in the bank to think through it logically. Most of the weird game questions including buildings on 80 actually aren't that tough.. (In the moment-- I think what made the Virus so difficult was noone was really expecting or accustomed to it, but now we are prepared for a game like this) the questions are prob easier than a hard IN/OUT or grouping... It just takes some time to think through the setup, but once you have a grasp of whats going on its fairly straight forward

User avatar
abujabal
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:If we get a game like viruses I'm done. :roll:

nah, it's just a small step above a sequencing game tbh. it's pretty simple if you think of it as a sequencing game! :P


Yeah i agree, Mikey...and really with any of the weird games the key is just have enough time in the bank to think through it logically. Most of the weird game questions including buildings on 80 actually aren't that tough.. (In the moment-- I think what made the Virus so difficult was noone was really expecting or accustomed to it, but now we are prepared for a game like this) the questions are prob easier than a hard IN/OUT or grouping... It just takes some time to think through the setup, but once you have a grasp of whats going on its fairly straight forward


That's the problem - is when they pair a weird game with another very tough one

User avatar
twiix
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:If we get a game like viruses I'm done. :roll:

nah, it's just a small step above a sequencing game tbh. it's pretty simple if you think of it as a sequencing game! :P


Yeah i agree, Mikey...and really with any of the weird games the key is just have enough time in the bank to think through it logically. Most of the weird game questions including buildings on 80 actually aren't that tough.. (In the moment-- I think what made the Virus so difficult was noone was really expecting or accustomed to it, but now we are prepared for a game like this) the questions are prob easier than a hard IN/OUT or grouping... It just takes some time to think through the setup, but once you have a grasp of whats going on its fairly straight forward


I don't get the fear of viruses.. like yeah it was a misc game and you couldn't "diagram" it in a traditional sense, but it was a million times easier to figure out than say, a super hard in/out or grouping game where you just can't pick up the inference that is necessary to start the game. At least with viruses you can kind of work your way through it with intuition, whereas there's no way you have enough time to brute force every solution to an in/out or grouping game. I'd take viruses a million times over the stupid CD game from June 07.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 pm

twiix wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:If we get a game like viruses I'm done. :roll:

nah, it's just a small step above a sequencing game tbh. it's pretty simple if you think of it as a sequencing game! :P


Yeah i agree, Mikey...and really with any of the weird games the key is just have enough time in the bank to think through it logically. Most of the weird game questions including buildings on 80 actually aren't that tough.. (In the moment-- I think what made the Virus so difficult was noone was really expecting or accustomed to it, but now we are prepared for a game like this) the questions are prob easier than a hard IN/OUT or grouping... It just takes some time to think through the setup, but once you have a grasp of whats going on its fairly straight forward


I don't get the fear of viruses.. like yeah it was a misc game and you couldn't "diagram" it in a traditional sense, but it was a million times easier to figure out than say, a super hard in/out or grouping game where you just can't pick up the inference that is necessary to start the game. At least with viruses you can kind of work your way through it with intuition, whereas there's no way you have enough time to brute force every solution to an in/out or grouping game. I'd take viruses a million times over the stupid CD game from June 07.


Yup I totally agree.. Im worried about the CD game if any type of game worries me... Even the dinosaur game, I figured it out but it ate up a lot of time going into game 4 ( whichever PT that was on 57 maybe?)

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby mwells56 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Well after a few months hiatus from this board in which I put every ounce of my being into this test, I'm feeling GOOD.

This is my 3rd take. First time, as a naive junior after three months of self studying that resulted in a 161. Second time, after many months of diligent work and getting a tutor, a shock of a 166 after getting consistent 170's (or at least a respectable 168-169) for ~2 weeks prior to the test.

Now, in the last 8 weeks I've taken 18 tests.

Average 172. Low of 165. Only was below the 170 threshold 4 times, two of which (166 and 165) were because I had gotten cocky and didn't study for a few days. Glad that happened, reminded me that I need to be doing stuff every day.

Now I'm a senior. I spent my Welcome Week getting up before 10:00 every morning, doing LSAT stuff, with minimal time off for drinking and partying (but not none, because hey, you're only 21 and in college once, right?). Rinse repeat. Been getting up before class to take PTs. Tracking my progress through two separate sources. Using both to guide my drilling.

I've perfected my warm up routine. I bought an LSAT watch and have now grown accustomed to using it (before I had been using online timers, which threw me off on actual test days when I'd be using an analog watch for the first time). Unlike the last two times I took the test when I foolishly was only practicing with 4 sections, I've been doing 5-section tests for weeks now.

All this culminating in my final PT today (tomorrow meeting with tutor for light drilling in the morning then chilling the rest of the day as I have no Friday classes). Results:

Superprep C2

LG: -0
LR1: -0
LR2: -1
RC: -2
178

Best I've ever done, on either a fresh test or a test I'd seen before (this was fresh). My confidence is sky high. Let's eat, fam.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:49 pm

looked over some LR questions that gave me trouble in the past PT's that I've done. it wasn't that many, but tomorrow I think I'm doing nothing at all LSAT related.

anyone here doing a PT today or tomorrow?

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Mikey wrote:looked over some LR questions that gave me trouble in the past PT's that I've done. it wasn't that many, but tomorrow I think I'm doing nothing at all LSAT related.

anyone here doing a PT today or tomorrow?


Nope just drilling taking it easy.. trying to relax and clear my head

User avatar
usaorbust
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby usaorbust » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:31 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Really hoping for a relatively straightforward LG section and the inevitable "weird" one to be like viruses or offices.

74-4 took me for a ride yesterday!


I vote for a circle game.

Don't you put that evil on any of us

velyvely
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby velyvely » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Just took PT 81. I got my average raw score of 95 and it dropped me down to a 173, when the same raw score would have gotten me around a 175 on previous exams...

I wonder how likely it is that the scale will be this unforgiving for the September exam :shock: I got a 172 in February and I'm pretty sure I missed 8-9 questions then, so it'd suck if the additional months of studying only amounted to a 1 pt increase.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:54 pm

velyvely wrote:Just took PT 81. I got my average raw score of 95 and it dropped me down to a 173, when the same raw score would have gotten me around a 175 on previous exams...

I wonder how likely it is that the scale will be this unforgiving for the September exam :shock: I got a 172 in February and I'm pretty sure I missed 8-9 questions then, so it'd suck if the additional months of studying only amounted to a 1 pt increase.


Its more likely than not that the scale wont be like this

velyvely
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby velyvely » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
velyvely wrote:Just took PT 81. I got my average raw score of 95 and it dropped me down to a 173, when the same raw score would have gotten me around a 175 on previous exams...

I wonder how likely it is that the scale will be this unforgiving for the September exam :shock: I got a 172 in February and I'm pretty sure I missed 8-9 questions then, so it'd suck if the additional months of studying only amounted to a 1 pt increase.


Its more likely than not that the scale wont be like this


I hope so! I wonder if it's better to have an easy LG section and a harsh curve or a weird game and a more generous curve. Sigh.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests