The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
43%
Yeah, kind of
17%
Ehh, hoping for the best
15%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
19%

Total votes: 47

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:29 pm

is there a "best" place to put the experimental in your PT? A most likely spot ?

sodomojo

Bronze

Postby sodomojo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:16 pm

sodomojo wrote:If LG (specifically the recent ones) is still giving me fits this late in the game, do you guys think it would be prudent to just scrap any LR/RC work and go all out on LG? I'm at a bit of a loss, as my drilling doesn't seem to be generating results. Open to any and all suggestions.

Having just done PT 79 and 80, I'm holding steady around -10 in LR+RC, but got a -7 and -5 in those two LG sections. I had been in the -0 to -3 range in LG, but the fact that these outliers are on the recent exams is very concerning...

My prep has consisted of drilling by type from the pre-40s and section drilling from the 40s/50s. I've been mostly acing those sections, typically with time to spare. But on 79/80, I was slower than usual in games 1-3, then flipped the page to see the Virus/Building games in their full glory had been conveniently placed as game 4 with a only a couple minutes to spare each - knew at that point that it was game over.

Damn, reviewing PT 80's LG and I missed an acceptable situation question, skipped an easy rule substitution question, and simply picked the wrong Building game questions to attempt in the interest of time (which the game itself actually isn't terribly hard).

Looks like I just need to keep drilling while being less cautious on traditional games/games 1-3 so I can bank some time in case LSAC tries to pull a fast one on game 4 again.

sodomojo

Bronze

Postby sodomojo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:is there a "best" place to put the experimental in your PT? A most likely spot ?

I imagine 2 or 3 is the "usual" place, although section 1 might be "best" if you want to put more strain on your testing conditions.

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Postby GnarMarBinx » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:22 pm

sodomojo wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:is there a "best" place to put the experimental in your PT? A most likely spot ?

I imagine 2 or 3 is the "usual" place, although section 1 might be "best" if you want to put more strain on your testing conditions.

All people are different, but for me, section 1 is the worst place to put my experimental. I always have trouble warming up, so to have sec 1 as an experimental would give me a huge advantage which I likely won't receive on test day. In response to the original question, I would say to put the experimental where you least would want it on a test day, so you are preparing in your 'worst case scenario.' For me, that is 2nd, third, or 4th -- so I switch it up. That's because I struggle with warming up and sometimes tire out at the end.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:26 pm

I think I've come to peace with being ready to kill myself. Just went -2 on the first LR section of PT81 and ended up -9 on the second LR section, for my worst LR section ever. Wtf is going on

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:45 pm

twiix wrote:I think I've come to peace with being ready to kill myself. Just went -2 on the first LR section of PT81 and ended up -9 on the second LR section, for my worst LR section ever. Wtf is going on

Those LRs killed me too, don't worry about it. Review them because when I reviewed them I realized they only had like 1 or 2 really really hard question in each.

Think it was the 2nd LR that had a weird main conclusion question too, which I got right but that shit was weird.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Mikey wrote:
twiix wrote:I think I've come to peace with being ready to kill myself. Just went -2 on the first LR section of PT81 and ended up -9 on the second LR section, for my worst LR section ever. Wtf is going on

Those LRs killed me too, don't worry about it. Review them because when I reviewed them I realized they only had like 1 or 2 really really hard question in each.

Think it was the 2nd LR that had a weird main conclusion question too, which I got right but that shit was weird.

Yeah idk man. Crazy stuff. I kind of felt like the second section was considerably harder than the first.. I was way confident running through LR1 and felt like I finished -0, but with LR2 I felt like I just couldn't get into a rhythm.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 pm

twiix wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Yeah idk man. Crazy stuff. I kind of felt like the second section was considerably harder than the first.. I was way confident running through LR1 and felt like I finished -0, but with LR2 I felt like I just couldn't get into a rhythm.

yeah, 2nd LR was def harder. LR1 had 1 question that made me go fucking nuts and took me forever to figure out and even went to 7sage J.Y. Review call JUST for that question. First LR, question 22.. lol

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:49 pm

PT 79 tomorrow or Thursday.

Great.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Mikey wrote:PT 79 tomorrow or Thursday.

Great.

Me too. Tomorrow

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:35 pm

chewinggum wrote:
Mikey wrote:PT 79 tomorrow or Thursday.

Great.

Me too. Tomorrow

Same!

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:23 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:46 pm

PT 79

LR: -3/-4
LG: -1
RC: -7

the LSAT is so fucking annoying. I hate this fucking test

Lxwind

New

Postby Lxwind » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:51 pm

PT 72 176 95/101
RC -2 (weirdly easy RC..)
LR-2
exp LG (PT 63, -2)
LR -1
LG -1 (Stupidity...spared several minutes yet did not notice the stupid mistake on an easy question)

First PT after 70, the wording in LR feels a little weird..I felt great the entire PT, feels like this is basically my upper limit(maybe 1/2 questions still improvable?). Overall pretty satisfied :D . Keep working..!

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:18 pm

also, I did PT 79 but I did take this test on test day last year.

I didn't actually figure out the virus game when I sat for the test, so I lost all LG points from that alone. I always felt like the 3rd game was a lot harder though, even though I didn't finish the virus game last year.

I still think the 3rd game is harder and more time consuming than viruses. although my -1 was on viruses this time around, I still thought it was a bit easy. the first rule confused me so I skipped it and then went back once I realized what the other rules were. overall, I wouldn't mind a game like this again in 2 weeks as long as LR and RC aren't fucked

sodomojo

Bronze

Postby sodomojo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Mikey wrote:I still think the 3rd game is harder and more time consuming than viruses. although my -1 was on viruses this time around, I still thought it was a bit easy. the first rule confused me so I skipped it and then went back once I realized what the other rules were. overall, I wouldn't mind a game like this again in 2 weeks as long as LR and RC aren't fucked

You take that back........

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:58 pm

sodomojo wrote:
Mikey wrote:I still think the 3rd game is harder and more time consuming than viruses. although my -1 was on viruses this time around, I still thought it was a bit easy. the first rule confused me so I skipped it and then went back once I realized what the other rules were. overall, I wouldn't mind a game like this again in 2 weeks as long as LR and RC aren't fucked

NEVVVVAH

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Cannot wait to take this shit

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:Cannot wait to take this shit

you're gonna get a 181

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Mikey wrote:
sodomojo wrote:

NEVVVVAH

I agree Mikey. PT 77 I think i took yesterday and it had a weird game(IIRC Game 3)where you cant really diagram like the virus game but can figure it out just with careful thought. I much rather 1 weird ass game like the virus than a really difficult LR & RC.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
I agree Mikey. PT 77 I think i took yesterday and it had a weird game(IIRC Game 3)where you cant really diagram like the virus game but can figure it out just with careful thought. I much rather 1 weird ass game like the virus than a really difficult LR & RC.

yeah. because with easy LR/RC and 1 weird game, you can afford to lose a few points if you screw up on 1 game. But if you're lucky, you figure the game out and bank at least some or all points lol

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Had to defer my test due to the Harvey storm. I'll be ready for December though.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Mikey wrote:also, I did PT 79 but I did take this test on test day last year.

I didn't actually figure out the virus game when I sat for the test, so I lost all LG points from that alone. I always felt like the 3rd game was a lot harder though, even though I didn't finish the virus game last year.

I still think the 3rd game is harder and more time consuming than viruses. although my -1 was on viruses this time around, I still thought it was a bit easy. the first rule confused me so I skipped it and then went back once I realized what the other rules were. overall, I wouldn't mind a game like this again in 2 weeks as long as LR and RC aren't fucked

I just finished 77. The third game was the most difficult but I think the LG was ok - I hope we get an LG like this omg! The first LR was a lot harder for me than the second one :( and I want to say maybe because I was still warming up or whatever but the RC was kind of easy so idk.

I thought viruses on 79 were super easy though. Like I would def prefer that to likeeee 72 game 4 which I still can't figure out lol.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:14 pm

chewinggum wrote:
Mikey wrote:also, I did PT 79 but I did take this test on test day last year.

I just finished 77. The third game was the most difficult but I think the LG was ok - I hope we get an LG like this omg! The first LR was a lot harder for me than the second one :( and I want to say maybe because I was still warming up or whatever but the RC was kind of easy so idk.

I thought viruses on 79 were super easy though. Like I would def prefer that to likeeee 72 game 4 which I still can't figure out lol.

jk jk jk! you took 79, I took 77 :lol:

sodomojo

Bronze

Postby sodomojo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:05 am

Rupert Pupkin wrote:I agree Mikey. PT 77 I think i took yesterday and it had a weird game(IIRC Game 3)where you cant really diagram like the virus game but can figure it out just with careful thought. I much rather 1 weird ass game like the virus than a really difficult LR & RC.

Oh yeah that's fair. Although to go off of that I'd much rather have some really tough sequencing/grouping games than another weird one out of left field.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?