The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

TwinOne

New

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby TwinOne » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 pm

It's 90 degrees and sunny today, but I'm stuck inside at my undergrad library trying to knock out some timed sections. Going to go running around campus once I'm done with this though. Hopefully I will be done between 6-7pm today.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:So my ticket says "Alex" and my drivers license says "Alexander" and they wouldn't let me take today. This wasn't a problem that the proctors even mentioned last fall, or during the digital administration. :D

Looks like I'll be on this thread after I finish a rage/alcohol induced bender. :D

Jfc, that sucks dude. You've been killing the PT's too haven't you? High 170's pretty consistently iirc from the june group? I'd be pissed. Do you have enough material to keep you fresh all the way until September?

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:19 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:So my ticket says "Alex" and my drivers license says "Alexander" and they wouldn't let me take today. This wasn't a problem that the proctors even mentioned last fall, or during the digital administration. :D

Looks like I'll be on this thread after I finish a rage/alcohol induced bender. :D

Jesus. For real? Sorry dude/dudette.

TwinOne

New

Postby TwinOne » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:23 pm

They really decided to do that to you? Whats the point of having the photo ID if they are going to be that strict on it?

This thread is also about to blow up with those who overreact from the test today.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:26 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:So my ticket says " and my drivers license says "er" and they wouldn't let me take today. This wasn't a problem that the proctors even mentioned last fall, or during the digital administration. :D

omg are you serious? that is a joke dude I'm sorry. take a few days off, you deserve it

back to the post purge

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:37 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:
twiix wrote:

Jfc, that sucks dude. You've been killing the PT's too haven't you? High 170's pretty consistently iirc from the june group? I'd be pissed. Do you have enough material to keep you fresh all the way until September?

I used it all up. Last two PTs were 180.

Looks like PT retakes for dayyyyys.

Ok stupid question but this test doesn't count towards your takes right?? Also $180 down the drain - that really sucks dude!!!

Ira Hayes

New

Postby Ira Hayes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:48 pm

twiix wrote:

damn that sucks, you'll do great in September. If you don't mind me asking how did you get to such a high PT average?

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:49 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
archer grandpapy360 wrote:So my ticket says " and my drivers license says "er" and they wouldn't let me take today. This wasn't a problem that the proctors even mentioned last fall, or during the digital administration. :D

omg are you serious? that is a joke dude I'm sorry. take a few days off, you deserve it

back to the post purge

WAIT WHAT? Last time someone did that they bounced out of our lives forever.
Last edited by 34iplaw on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:49 pm

twiix wrote:

holy crap. that really sucks man, sorry to hear that shit happened.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:53 pm

34iplaw wrote:WAIT WHAT? Last time someone did that they bounced out of our lives forever.

You die a SweetTort or live long enough to be waitlisted at S.

Srs it is a preemptive matter at the moment, ain't going no where yet.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:55 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:WAIT WHAT? Last time someone did that they bounced out of our lives forever.

Also didn't I tell you I was going to write a script to do this?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:58 pm

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Also didn't I tell you I was going to write a script to do this?

Just getting some of the more gritty stuff out, I will await for Operation Unthinkable

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:13 pm

That totally sucks. I'm so sorry :/

Can you call LSAC to complain about your situation?

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ira Hayes

New

Postby Ira Hayes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Ira Hayes wrote:If you don't mind me asking how did you get to such a high PT average?

I followed TLS1776's guide. Between him Voyager, Noodley, and PithyPike almost anyone should be able to break into 172+ with 4ish months of studying.

The core of it definitely comes from -0 to -1 LG and finishing with 8 minutes of extra time. Along with -2 MAX wrong per LR. Personally, RC is still the wildcard that I can miss 4 in.

My usual (recent) breakdown goes: -0 LG, -0 to -2 combined LR, and -1 to -3 RC

I guess this extra time will help me nail RC

**Possibly more important is having a consistent study buddy. I Skype reviewed with someone on TLS since February. We probably BR'd 30 PTs together. We both borrowed strategies that worked from each other in specific problem areas like principle, parallel reasoning, or inference RC questions.

Speaking of which if anyone wants to BR together send me a PM anytime.

I'll look into those guides, thanks! LG is definitely my weakest point at the moment, I started the Bibles Friday and missed 3/5 of basic linear so I've got a lot of work to do. As for studying, I'm mostly fronting it alone but I was like that in college so hopefully it translates well!

Sorry about June again, you're taking it way better than I would have.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Ira Hayes wrote:If you don't mind me asking how did you get to such a high PT average?

I followed TLS1776's guide. Between him Voyager, Noodley, and PithyPike almost anyone should be able to break into 172+ with 4ish months of studying.

The core of it definitely comes from -0 to -1 LG and finishing with 8 minutes of extra time. Along with -2 MAX wrong per LR. Personally, RC is still the wildcard that I can miss 4 in.

**Possibly more important is having a consistent study buddy. I Skype reviewed with someone on TLS since February. We probably BR'd 30 PTs together. We both borrowed strategies that worked from each other in specific problem areas like principle, parallel reasoning, or inference RC questions.

would be interested in BRing with you. Compared to your breakdowns though, I feel like a peasant lol. RC is my worst section, getting better though, and LG is my best. LR is always varying but I'm pretty good at it.

My highest PT ever has only been a 169, and my average I think was like a 166 or some shit.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Mikey wrote:

would be interested in BRing with you. Compared to your breakdowns though, I feel like a peasant lol. RC is my worst section, getting better though, and LG is my best. LR is always varying but I'm pretty good at it.

My highest PT ever has only been a 169, and my average I think was like a 166 or some shit.

May b me 2

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:34 pm

damn. good thing they didn't let you take today since you probably would have bombed RC.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Omg I'm so sorry! It's good that you're taking it well, I'd be so upset :/

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:52 pm

littlewing67 wrote:

Sorry that happened to you :/ but at least we have you in our thread!

I saw your advice rg. strategy. If you don't mind me asking how do you BR with someone else? Take turns doing questions? Or work on the same questions?

This applies to you and everyone else asking about group BR - 7sage has awesome blind review calls that you're all welcome to attend. We meet Sunday night and only review one PT (but since it's only once a week you have plenty of other time to do a 2nd on your own). We basically go over questions that anyone has questions on - we have a lot of people attend who have already taken the test, as well as a mixed back of people still in their studies (majority being in the 165+ range), but have a few lower than that as well. We discuss tactics, go over questions that stumped us, discuss trick answer choices, etc. If you want more info feel free to PM me.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:18 pm

That suckkkkkkkkkkksssssss. I feel you bro. It will count as like a "cancel" or whatever iirc. Might matter at Yale, but for sure elsewhere if you still hit your numbers and apply when scores come out from the Sept test, you should be fine

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?