The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
44%
Yeah, kind of
8
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
6
13%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
18%
 
Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:why tf am I anxious about a test 6 months from now? Oh boy this better not be a sign.

Shh young DJ it will all be ok.

It won't be. All my LORs will deny me and I'll go to Florida Costal at sticker because every school h8s me.

If u end up at Florida Coastal at schticker i will paypal u $500.

and you have two LoRs right now but one is a PhD candidate right?

Yes. I'm going to try and solicit 2 more Thursday, both went to schools in the T13 if that's worth anything.

I'm sure you'll be successful. And worst case scenario, you'll still have all of the necessary LoRs.

this true. I may try to solicit an employers a little later on, perhaps in the waiters timeline.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:28 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:29 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:34 pm

Alexandros wrote:Hit black ice, wiped out, and slid like 5 feet down a hill walking home. Think I'm gonna join DJ at Florida Coastal.

It is still ice? It was like 85 today.

also, ew FL coastal is in Jacksonville.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:40 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Hit black ice, wiped out, and slid like 5 feet down a hill walking home. Think I'm gonna join DJ at Florida Coastal.

It is still ice? It was like 85 today.

also, ew FL coastal is in Jacksonville.

Yes I fucking hate this place.

And ew Jacksonville k nvm. Cooley instead.

It is almost April, there should not be snow. I think I'm going to get myself a nice king-sized mattress/bed for LS; I will need it to cope with finals apparently.

To stay on topic, how tf did you pull off viruses.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:55 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Hit black ice, wiped out, and slid like 5 feet down a hill walking home. Think I'm gonna join DJ at Florida Coastal.

It is still ice? It was like 85 today.

also, ew FL coastal is in Jacksonville.

Yes I fucking hate this place.

And ew Jacksonville k nvm. Cooley instead.

It is almost April, there should not be snow. I think I'm going to get myself a nice king-sized mattress/bed for LS; I will need it to cope with finals apparently.

To stay on topic, how tf did you pull off viruses.

I couldn't agree more. and yeah think I'm gonna get a queen at least, if I can spare the $$, unless I end up in a dorm to lower CoL.

I finished the third game with like 10-15 minutes left so I could approach it totally clear headed and not rushed, and finished with enough time to go back and check my answers for the earlier ones. Was lucky and was somehow super focused/in the zone for that section.
Think I said this before but - do the earliest games (as well as obv the newer weird games) because their types are coming back, do unfamiliar sections in the weeks leading up to the test, and use totally new everything for the warm-up.

I made through the 3rd game like a gangbuster so I was shocked when I saw -9 (viruses, game2, and game 1 BECAUSE I AM STUPID). I just looked at PS video on it (not thoroughly mind you) and the set up was almost identical to PT77... I feel like an idiot.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:58 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Hit black ice, wiped out, and slid like 5 feet down a hill walking home. Think I'm gonna join DJ at Florida Coastal.

It is still ice? It was like 85 today.

also, ew FL coastal is in Jacksonville.


We're finally hitting positive numbers now up here... It sucks that I'll have to pick between being close to family, and nice weather.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:09 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:11 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Hit black ice, wiped out, and slid like 5 feet down a hill walking home. Think I'm gonna join DJ at Florida Coastal.

It is still ice? It was like 85 today.

also, ew FL coastal is in Jacksonville.


We're finally hitting positive numbers now up here... It sucks that I'll have to pick between being close to family, and nice weather.

Also having to pick between being close to family and nice weather :/

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:13 pm

chargers21 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Hit black ice, wiped out, and slid like 5 feet down a hill walking home. Think I'm gonna join DJ at Florida Coastal.

It is still ice? It was like 85 today.

also, ew FL coastal is in Jacksonville.


We're finally hitting positive numbers now up here... It sucks that I'll have to pick between being close to family, and nice weather.

Also having to pick between being close to family and nice weather :/


It sucks, especially when you realise that you'll be working in the summers away from family too.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Alexandros wrote:My guy, you had pneumonia. I would've done much worse than that in your shoes.

The LSAT's weird because the margin for error is so fucking small. I know we're all arguing for it, but it's very unfair and bizarre that an off-day or misreading one rule should have six figures in the balance.

Still should have cancelled, but stouburn me remains stouburn.

It's an equalizer imo, I just wish the playing field was a little more even. example, more testing days/centers, easier disability accommodation (for those who need it), an increase in takes, etc. I will do better by the next one hopefully, just been having some black widows in my life recently clouding judgment and whatnot.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:18 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:27 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:My guy, you had pneumonia. I would've done much worse than that in your shoes.

The LSAT's weird because the margin for error is so fucking small. I know we're all arguing for it, but it's very unfair and bizarre that an off-day or misreading one rule should have six figures in the balance.

Still should have cancelled, but stouburn me remains stouburn.

It's an equalizer imo, I just wish the playing field was a little more even. example, more testing days/centers, easier disability accommodation (for those who need it), an increase in takes, etc. I will do better by the next one hopefully, just been having some black widows in my life recently clouding judgment and whatnot.

Totally agree. Random variation happens a lot in PTs and it's gonna happen on test day as well, which is the only reason I got what I got. People should be allowed to make up for that without being hugely inconvenienced.

I have no doubt you'll do much better on the next one.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:33 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:My guy, you had pneumonia. I would've done much worse than that in your shoes.

The LSAT's weird because the margin for error is so fucking small. I know we're all arguing for it, but it's very unfair and bizarre that an off-day or misreading one rule should have six figures in the balance.

Still should have cancelled, but stouburn me remains stouburn.

It's an equalizer imo, I just wish the playing field was a little more even. example, more testing days/centers, easier disability accommodation (for those who need it), an increase in takes, etc. I will do better by the next one hopefully, just been having some black widows in my life recently clouding judgment and whatnot.

Totally agree. Random variation happens a lot in PTs and it's gonna happen on test day as well, which is the only reason I got what I got. People should be allowed to make up for that without being hugely inconvenienced.

I have no doubt you'll do much better on the next one.

The cancellation that counts as a take is a total farce. If you don't get a score it shouldn't count. period. If I can consistently get my last 10 to be 177+ I'll be good.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:35 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:My guy, you had pneumonia. I would've done much worse than that in your shoes.

The LSAT's weird because the margin for error is so fucking small. I know we're all arguing for it, but it's very unfair and bizarre that an off-day or misreading one rule should have six figures in the balance.

Still should have cancelled, but stouburn me remains stouburn.

It's an equalizer imo, I just wish the playing field was a little more even. example, more testing days/centers, easier disability accommodation (for those who need it), an increase in takes, etc. I will do better by the next one hopefully, just been having some black widows in my life recently clouding judgment and whatnot.

Totally agree. Random variation happens a lot in PTs and it's gonna happen on test day as well, which is the only reason I got what I got. People should be allowed to make up for that without being hugely inconvenienced.

I have no doubt you'll do much better on the next one.

The cancellation that counts as a take is a total farce. If you don't get a score it shouldn't count. period. If I can consistently get my last 10 to be 177+ I'll be good.

Yeah, that's fucking ridiculous.
You will definitely be good.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:05 am

Alexandros wrote:Hit black ice, wiped out, and slid like 5 feet down a hill walking home. Think I'm gonna join DJ at Florida Coastal.

Tough luck BITCH (Jesse pinkman voice)

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:48 am

*checked for september study thread last weekend*

*sees nothing*

*checks again today*

27 pages in a week.. RIP. Checking in my comrades. Likely will be taking December as well (or exclusively) depending on how the next few months go. Super splitter so September is obviously desired.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Y'all know how Chi BL hours/lifestyle compare to NYC?

ngogirl12

Silver
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:05 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby ngogirl12 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Alexandros wrote:Y'all know how Chi BL hours/lifestyle compare to NYC?


I don't know about it for sure but I don't think Chi is as crazy as NY BL. I know it's not the same but I have a friend who works in investment banking in NY and from her business trips in Chicago it sounds like it's a bit slower.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:17 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Y'all know how Chi BL hours/lifestyle compare to NYC?


I don't know about it for sure but I don't think Chi is as crazy as NY BL. I know it's not the same but I have a friend who works in investment banking in NY and from her business trips in Chicago it sounds like it's a bit slower.

Tx remains superior for WL balance but you have to deal with this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mo ... politician)
Because this is our world.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:44 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Y'all know how Chi BL hours/lifestyle compare to NYC?


I don't know about it for sure but I don't think Chi is as crazy as NY BL. I know it's not the same but I have a friend who works in investment banking in NY and from her business trips in Chicago it sounds like it's a bit slower.

Tx remains superior for WL balance but you have to deal with this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mo ... politician)
Because this is our world.

Dear God. :|

TX is best and I'd prefer it to Chi but it's hard (though not impossible) to break into without ties from a t14. Whereas Chi seems to be pretty easy if you're at UChi (or prob NU).

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Y'all know how Chi BL hours/lifestyle compare to NYC?


I don't know about it for sure but I don't think Chi is as crazy as NY BL. I know it's not the same but I have a friend who works in investment banking in NY and from her business trips in Chicago it sounds like it's a bit slower.

Tx remains superior for WL balance but you have to deal with this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mo ... politician)
Because this is our world.

Dear God. :|

TX is best and I'd prefer it to Chi but it's hard (though not impossible) to break into without ties from a t14. Whereas Chi seems to be pretty easy if you're at UChi (or prob NU).

from what I've been reading, TX market took a bit of a hit from the whole oil and gas industry not being great. There is a chance that it'll be on the upswing towards your OCI but not mine most likely.
Chi is 2 in my book if I go down the BL route.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:57 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Y'all know how Chi BL hours/lifestyle compare to NYC?


I don't know about it for sure but I don't think Chi is as crazy as NY BL. I know it's not the same but I have a friend who works in investment banking in NY and from her business trips in Chicago it sounds like it's a bit slower.

Tx remains superior for WL balance but you have to deal with this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mo ... politician)
Because this is our world.

Dear God. :|

TX is best and I'd prefer it to Chi but it's hard (though not impossible) to break into without ties from a t14. Whereas Chi seems to be pretty easy if you're at UChi (or prob NU).

from what I've been reading, TX market took a bit of a hit from the whole oil and gas industry not being great. There is a chance that it'll be on the upswing towards your OCI but not mine most likely.
Chi is 2 in my book if I go down the BL route.

If Chi >>> NYC in terms of lifestyle, hours, FT requirements, &c then that's another point in favor of UChi - if you can't get secondary market of choice (TX or whatever) it doesn't look like it's hard to get Chi.

I notice the if - are you thinking non-BL?



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests