The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

Mikey

Platinum

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:06 pm

chewinggum wrote:-9 in two sections of RC today :roll: but -1 in two sections of LR!

I will literally write an angry letter to LSAC if there are two RC sections in September

There most likely will be an RC experimental. I think there are lg/LR/RC exp sections each time tbh. Everyone has a different experimental section though, so you just have to hope you don't end up with RC.

presidentspivey

Bronze

Postby presidentspivey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:53 pm

Guys Wonder Woman was gud

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:14 am

Mikey wrote:
chewinggum wrote:-9 in two sections of RC today :roll: but -1 in two sections of LR!

I will literally write an angry letter to LSAC if there are two RC sections in September

There most likely will be an RC experimental. I think there are lg/LR/RC exp sections each time tbh. Everyone has a different experimental section though, so you just have to hope you don't end up with RC.

My experimentals across my 3 tests were LG, LR, and then RC. No surprise that I did better on the LR experimental test, as that's my favorite and didn't get bogged down slogging through extra RCs

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:57 am

this is going to sound super pretentious and TLSey so if you want to chew me out after this, I get it.

Got done drilling today, went extremely well; the best drilling frankly I've ever seen, just the best that I can tell you. Srs did 100 LR Strengthen/Weaken/Flaw/Assumption split and went -3. then did 8 RC passages Humanities (my least favorite) and Lawl (2nd least favorite) and went -4 on all 8. Then I paid for my registration and looked at my TTT score from last September and got super fucking anxious. How/ why is it I can so fine in practice and then die on test day going that far below an average? I keep thinking it'll happen again.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:05 am

Last edited by Alexandros on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:09 am

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:this is going to sound super pretentious and TLSey so if you want to chew me out after this, I get it.

Got done drilling today, went extremely well; the best drilling frankly I've ever seen, just the best that I can tell you. Srs did 100 LR Strengthen/Weaken/Flaw/Assumption split and went -3. then did 8 RC passages Humanities (my least favorite) and Lawl (2nd least favorite) and went -4 on all 8. Then I paid for my registration and looked at my TTT score from last September and got super fucking anxious. How/ why is it I can so fine in practice and then die on test day going that far below an average? I keep thinking it'll happen again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonia

this picture says otherwise

[+] Spoiler

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:18 am

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:20 am

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:this is going to sound super pretentious and TLSey so if you want to chew me out after this, I get it.

[+] Spoiler

Srs tho u'll be fine.

People tend to underperform a bit on test day (esp if first time I imagine) and that combined with having a fucking medical crisis ... unless you made a massive bubbling error and didn't realize it or something.

I'm still in awe how I got -2 on RC, I'm not lying when i say I blanked on passage 4 and lacquer. LG was killer to me and then my breathing sucked for LR. I'm pting 10 days from now so we'll see how it goes.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:26 am

I always procrastinate until I'm forced to pull an all-nighter to finish shit. Is this a disease, and if so, what is it called?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:26 am

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 am

Last edited by Alexandros on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:44 am

Alexandros wrote:I hope our illustrious leader is doing okay, wherever he is.

Illustrious feels like one of those words that I know how to use correctly, but don't really know the meaning of.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:47 am

Last edited by Alexandros on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:49 am

Last edited by Alexandros on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Postby Experiment626 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:52 am

Mikey wrote:What do u guys do for comp reading? Do u read passage A then do some questions then B? Or do u read both then do the questions?

I read the first and go through the questions to see if I can eliminate answers or notate answers that need an opinion on the passage. Then read B and go through those same questions and eliminate the ones based on what the question is asking and passage B. That usually leaves you with the answer for most questions unless it's one of those how would A respond to B or which scenario follows the argument/opinion mentioned in passage A/B

I.e what was something mentioned in A but not in B- cross out all the ones that were not mentioned in A since that's all fresh in your mind.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:05 am

abujabal wrote:Question to all y'all - after a 50 page (!) hiatus - when is everyone switching to PTs 2x/week? I'm still trundling through the LSAT Trainer at this point but want to know when to pivot

June 16 for me

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:37 am

vtdelt wrote:
Mikey wrote:What do u guys do for comp reading? Do u read passage A then do some questions then B? Or do u read both then do the questions?

I read the first and go through the questions to see if I can eliminate answers or notate answers that need an opinion on the passage. Then read B and go through those same questions and eliminate the ones based on what the question is asking and passage B. That usually leaves you with the answer for most questions unless it's one of those how would A respond to B or which scenario follows the argument/opinion mentioned in passage A/B

I.e what was something mentioned in A but not in B- cross out all the ones that were not mentioned in A since that's all fresh in your mind.

I'm going to give this a try. Thanks!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:55 am

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

Srs tho u'll be fine.

People tend to underperform a bit on test day (esp if first time I imagine) and that combined with having a fucking medical crisis ... unless you made a massive bubbling error and didn't realize it or something.

I'm still in awe how I got -2 on RC, I'm not lying when i say I blanked on passage 4 and lacquer. LG was killer to me and then my breathing sucked for LR. I'm pting 10 days from now so we'll see how it goes.

First, thats bloody impressive drilling. You're crushing it! Secondly, forget about September. Amidst sickness and confidence issues ? in September you underperformed, and your score doesn't reflect nearly what you are capable of. Believe me, I can relate. Of course the nerves of taking the exam are still there, but you have to mitigate that and beating on yourself for what already happened and is out of your control isnt going to help you stay focused moving into this September. Keep drilling like a badass and the fruits of your labor will be reaped... I promise. Keep it up dude!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:08 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:Question to all y'all - after a 50 page (!) hiatus - when is everyone switching to PTs 2x/week? I'm still trundling through the LSAT Trainer at this point but want to know when to pivot

June 16 for me

More like July 1 for me. Ill be on vacay for two weeks next week.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:08 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

Srs tho u'll be fine.

First, thats bloody impressive drilling. You're crushing it! Secondly, forget about September. Amidst sickness and confidence issues ? in September you underperformed, and your score doesn't reflect nearly what you are capable of. Believe me, I can relate. Of course the nerves of taking the exam are still there, but you have to mitigate that and beating on yourself for what already happened and is out of your control isnt going to help you stay focused moving into this September. Keep drilling like a badass and the fruits of your labor will be reaped... I promise. Keep it up dude!

youre right, might as well keep putting coal in the train and keep going. no reason to stop now

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:10 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

Srs tho u'll be fine.

youre right, might as well keep putting coal in the train and keep going. no reason to stop now

Exactly bro! you got it. Just stay focused and do what you are doing

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:29 pm

dj9i27 wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-law-firms-turned-requests-represent-trump-122423972.html

Me to these folk (skip to :20)
[+] Spoiler

Hahaha

He's smart enough to hire the best, but that doesn't matter if you don't listen to your advisors

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:43 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-law-firms-turned-requests-represent-trump-122423972.html

[+] Spoiler

Hahaha

He's smart enough to hire the best, but that doesn't matter if you don't listen to your advisors

"What does Donald Trump mean, when he says words?"
-Some reporter who I can't remember

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:00 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

[+] Spoiler

Hahaha

"What does Donald Trump mean, when he says words?"
-Some reporter who I can't remember

"I know words, I have the best words." - The President of the United States, Vladimir Putin Donald Trump

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?